I hope that BBX falls through though I will miss my Keyboard indeed but ioS I.really can't judge it because its not that I never owned one I just wasn't Interested in the full touchscreen platform but it was a quality device though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 06:24 PM
    Truth is I nver gave apple a chance what can I say "RIM" is the **** period.

11-13-11 06:26 PM
    Truth is I nver gave apple a chance what can I say "RIM" is the **** period.

well I gave apple a chance 3 times, and its the same old stuff over and over again terrible email, horrible auto correct .. full touch screen is nice on the surface but when you really need to do something .. you fumble words and things get all messed up.
    11-13-11 06:33 PM
    OP is so determined to switch. So what's the point to start a thread like this?
    11-13-11 06:40 PM
    OP is so determined to switch. So what's the point to start a thread like this?
    To see what people think. If you don't like it, you don't join. Simple eh?
    11-13-11 06:43 PM
    This is my plan:
    i currently have a 9630 and plan to get the 9330 whenever the price drops. That should hold me over until some good bbx phones and the next iphone come out. Then I'll have to compare blackberry and iphone at that time.

I like iphones but the 4 and 4s are just not durable enough for me.. They look nice, but I'm just not into the front and back glass design. I also haven't found any nice swivel holsters like the ones that are made for blackberries. I use that thing all the time
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-13-11 06:52 PM
    This could be my last because it does what it does very well that I don't have to upgrade. It's sleek and looks classy. Fast and never restart/freeze(for this past few weeks). But I had the same thought about 9000 and now it looks old and thick. So, never say never.
    emirozmen likes this.
    11-13-11 07:33 PM
    If anything, the 9930 has restored my faith. I left BB in 2009 and used android for a couple of years, but the 9930 sucked me back in.

11-13-11 07:47 PM
    Someone needs to move this thread to General section or something.

Having said that, I agree 100% with ONE thing... RIM is bad on customer service. Apple customer service is great to the point that they always stand behind their phone and all the issues come up with it. Like I said many times before, my brother's iPhone was already exchanged two times no questions asked. RIM when you call them, they will give you run around.
    11-13-11 08:53 PM
    Man...I am very tempted to get an iphone 4s, but I know that the M-F work emails will be too hard to deal with on a NON bb . But yes, last bb. Otherwise though, my 9930 is silly good. Nobody can touch me on productivity. :P

11-13-11 09:25 PM
    I went from the iphone 4 to Blackberry. I admit I did like iphone better, but once I saw the new Bold 9900 I went straight to rogers and picked one up for myself . The new Bold has really left a lasting impression on me in a positive way.

11-13-11 10:03 PM
    If anything, the 9930 has restored my faith. I left BB in 2009 and used android for a couple of years, but the 9930 sucked me back in.

Posting to agree, and clarify a little.

The 9930 was instrumental in bringing me back from Android, but Android did a lot to push me away from their platform, too. I had the Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile and loathed it. Battery life was depressing, phone was slow, and even the rooting process frustrated me. At the end of the day, I just hated everything about it.

It wants to compete with iPhone without figuring out what it really is on its own. Android has no identity. Sure, pushed GMail rocks, but my Yahoo! email suffered.

I went to the BB 9000 for a few months before getting the 9930 just because I wanted out of T-Mobile and the Android experience so severely.
    11-13-11 10:12 PM
    I DO!
    I am not a long time blackberry user, I admit that. I first used the 83xx curve, than I switched to Nokia N something, than again Nokia E something and later moved to legendary 9700(coz of bbm and keyboard). Now I am rocking the 9900.
    I really love blackberry, I am a monster texter and since all my friends are rocking bb's
    I never use text, only 3 of my friends (which I text often) have iPhone's and I get past that problem with a small message package or Whatsapp. BBM and keyboard is what makes me connected my bb. But since iMessage is out all my friends will switch to iPhone (probably 5th one). I will too, I don't see a reason to stay with bb. My only disappointment will be the keyboard but I will get used to it. To make a comparison:
    Battery Life:97xx the best-BB7 phones=iPhone
    Apps:iPhone-and I love gaming, I have iPad and iPod Touch for it
    Web Browser:iPhone
    Email:Blackberry!!
    Screen:iPhone
    Design:iPhone
    Customer Care:iPhone
    Camera:iPhone!!!! - worst cameras are on bb's. Really? 5mp without AF?
    Media:iPhone-and iTunes Store is where I buy music
    Keyboard:Blackberry!!
    Processors/Performance:iPhone
    Memory:iPhone
    Call Quality:Tie
    OS:iPhone-but os is really personal so can't really compare for everyone
    Touchscreen:iPhone-but bb 7 devices are quite good
    Personalization:Tie
    Unique Features:iPhone-Siri/iCloud/iMessage/Airplay/App Store(future of gaming?)
    Blackberry:BBM/Push Support/Keyboard/Led indicator :P

Anyone else switching to iPhone or another platform(W7, Android, Symbian) from BB?
    Share your thoughts and if I am mistaken please correct me
    Absolutely wrong about 2 thing.

There is no way "Call Quality" and "Personalization" are a tie!!! NO WAY!!

AxKxB and robkd like this.
    11-13-11 10:20 PM
    I hope this isn't my last BB. If so, that would mean RIM is out of business or they suck (or both). Besides of a G.I. BB, 9930 is my second BB (Tour being my first). I have had Windows Mobile and Android, and prefer BB. In fact, I got my Tour, had to replace it four times, gave up, went with Android, thought it was cool minus the battery life and emailing other than gmail native app, and went back to my Tour. Then nine months later started to get a bleeding screen just in time for my contract renewal and the 9930 release. I might have been using WebOS if they would gotten off they arse with it back in 2006/7, which would have prevented me to go with Windows. And, I would have gotten an iPhone, if they would have not played the favoritism game and went solo with AT&T. So, is 9930 my last?...No. But I won't be renewing my contract just to get the latest and greatest until my 9930 stops functioning. In which case, if RIM is still around and doesn't suck (or both), then I'm getting another BB.

11-13-11 10:39 PM
    Absolutely wrong about 2 thing.

There is no way "Call Quality" and "Personalization" are a tie!!! NO WAY!!

You may be right on call quality but how come one is leading in personalization? Could you tell me more?
    11-13-11 11:06 PM
    Enjoy your switch.....you'll regret it especially once BBX comes out.
    False hope. As of now we know next to nothing about BBX aside from the fact that it will be similar to the PlayBook OS. If some of these rumors are true it won't even have a keyboard and odds are BBX won't be compatible with BB7 devices.
    11-13-11 11:32 PM
    It probably won't be my last. BB is the device where carriers have a fixed data roaming plan internationally. Helps a lot for frequent travelers. But I sure wish my 9900 would stop bricking itself
    11-13-11 11:36 PM
    I started from the great BB Curve 8900, and have bought/sold about 10+ phones in the last 2 years.

These were my "main" phones though:
    BB 8900(8 months) -> HTC G2(2 weeks) -> BB 9700 (Stolen after 9 months) > HTC HD7 (2 weeks) >
    iPhone 3gs (1 month) > BB 9780 (9 months) > HTC Amaze (1 month) > BB 9900 (Current)

^See a trend????

My experience, being heavy user of TEXTING, internet, calendar, notes, and a lot of PDA-y stuff, has been that Blackberry is just so much more reliable and practical than the other devices. Whenever I was on an iPhone or HTC Smartphone, I preferred being on a laptop/netbook whenever possible as opposed to my phone.

I also noticed you have an iPad + iTouch. IMO, an iPad + BB is an awesome combo and there's really no need to have an iPhone,Touch,Pad lol.

But that's just me

Will the 9900 be my last blackberry? I plan on using this baby for a good year and if RIM's able to pull something out of their @ss to top this work of art, then no, it won't be my last
    Last edited by hopatrickz; 11-14-11 at 01:32 AM.
    11-13-11 11:41 PM
    "I hope this isn't my last BB. If so, that would mean RIM is out of business or they suck (or both). Besides of a G.I. BB, 9930 is my second BB (Tour being my first). I have had Windows Mobile and Android, and prefer BB. In fact, I got my Tour, had to replace it four times, gave up, went with Android, thought it was cool minus the battery life and emailing other than gmail native app, and went back to my Tour. Then nine months later started to get a bleeding screen just in time for my contract renewal and the 9930 release. I might have been using WebOS if they would gotten off they arse with it back in 2006/7, which would have prevented me to go with Windows. And, I would have gotten an iPhone, if they would have not played the favoritism game and went solo with AT&T. So, is 9930 my last?...No. But I won't be renewing my contract just to get the latest and greatest until my 9930 stops functioning. In which case, if RIM is still around and doesn't suck (or both), then I'm getting another BB."

I have been using a Blackberry for some years. I have been hesitant to get the 9900. Bricking is the mian thing. Keep looking at i phones droids. They all got problems of one sort of another. I am hard on phones, the same Curve I have been using for the last couple years, never a problem. My friends swear by their i's and droids. I have played with them, but they have problems. Busted i screens, bricked droids too, etc. Auto focus, I don't know if I really care. I do have a good digital camera. I like my Blackberry. Apple is great with their customer service, but I think I agree with above, I don't need the latest and greatest I need to have something that's good, that I like and that works. I will get the 9900 if it dies and RIM not around I will probably get an i phone. But til then another Blackberry.
    11-14-11 12:08 AM
    I've been saying this will be my last BB since the 8900. 2 9700's and 6 or 7 9780's (FKING KEYBOARD STICKING!) later, I have a 9900. It has bricked twice. And when I say bricked, I mean bricked. No battery pull, desktop manager, BBSAK, etc. would fix it.

I am done. Their **** poor quality control and lack of customer support have pushed me over the edge. Three things kept me with Blackberry:

Super fast email - You can now set Gmail to act as a push server on Android phones
    Battery life - When it worked, I was charging my 9900 by dinner time.
    Wifi calling - At least my Android phone has a wifi calling app. Not as good as UMA but a thousand times better than NOTHING.

I do miss the keyboard, but that's it.
    11-14-11 01:42 AM
    -Okay, I meant app storage 200mb as standard and if you shrink os 230 approximately.
    -I am saying call quality is a draw in my area.
    -Camera is iPhone winner, this is the most obvious one. I really miss AF and 5mp phones in late 2011. Are you kidding me
    -You are right, NFC is something I forgot but wifi music sync takes a lot of space and has been available on the iPhone before.
    -Browsers are comparable but iPhone's one is better.
    -Bold 9900 is faster than iPhone 4, Yes iPhone 4 was released in mid june 2010 lol
    -Design is personal. 9900 is sexy but I see the future of designs in Apple's hands
    -Apple Customer Care is the best, no doubt.
    i really dont see how the future is in Apple's hands, every iphone is the same only difference is that its a bit thinner, i think blackberry has done a great in designing there phones but lets face it people want apps!! If your phone can play the newest and most popular apps then thats what people are gonna buy. And whats the big deal with siri, it seems pointless! And im pretty sure if RIM wouldve came out with siri first everyone would be hating on it and just bashing it
    11-14-11 01:48 AM
    I can't agree with people saying that the iPhone is much better because of iMessage for texting. It's still a touch screen, that means you can't use autotext, custom input, and fire away messages at the speed of light because you need to be very careful of it.

I am coming from the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S II to the 9900 for one reason: My device needs to be a COMMUNICATION device. Not only a fun device. I know, the BB For gaming is horrendous but for communication it's the greatest. I switched mainly because I was texting my mom a month ago and I typed "buy" 4 times, and it always picked up another word. That's fine, I'm in a rush I type fast and I try to focus on other tasks: a phone shouldn't make you focus on the phone, it should help you in life. I felt VERY little productive with the iPhone especially due to its time consuming multi-tasker, double clicking, sliding through lists, waiting for it to RESTART basically (as it's suspended). Text entry on the iPhone is horrible because of the small screen. Text entry on the SGSII is much better, but still, it's a all touch screen and requires a lot of attention while texting.

I actually ENJOY carrying out conversations on my 9900 or any BB for that matter because typing is EASY. On any other phone, it's not as easy. But hey! If Angry Birds is what makes it so important, by all means, get your apps and games galore and see if it makes up for it. I'm too busy to spend 5 minutes typing simple sentences. BB All the way!
    dtrue05, anon(73368) and robkd like this.
    11-14-11 02:05 AM
    I can't agree with people saying that the iPhone is much better because of iMessage for texting. It's still a touch screen, that means you can't use autotext, custom input, and fire away messages at the speed of light because you need to be very careful of it.

I am coming from the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S II to the 9900 for one reason: My device needs to be a COMMUNICATION device. Not only a fun device. I know, the BB For gaming is horrendous but for communication it's the greatest. I switched mainly because I was texting my mom a month ago and I typed "buy" 4 times, and it always picked up another word. That's fine, I'm in a rush I type fast and I try to focus on other tasks: a phone shouldn't make you focus on the phone, it should help you in life. I felt VERY little productive with the iPhone especially due to its time consuming multi-tasker, double clicking, sliding through lists, waiting for it to RESTART basically (as it's suspended). Text entry on the iPhone is horrible because of the small screen. Text entry on the SGSII is much better, but still, it's a all touch screen and requires a lot of attention while texting.

I actually ENJOY carrying out conversations on my 9900 or any BB for that matter because typing is EASY. On any other phone, it's not as easy. But hey! If Angry Birds is what makes it so important, by all means, get your apps and games galore and see if it makes up for it. I'm too busy to spend 5 minutes typing simple sentences. BB All the way!
    I was having a converstation with someone about the iphone the other day and i was pointing out everything great about bb and while my buddy was pointing everything "great" about the iphone, its funny cuz she asked me does your blackberry have imessage, i said no but theres always texting its the same concept as imessage, you write a message an then send so technically i do have i message because I write it then I send therefore iMessage lol, i then asked does the iphone have bbm she said no and bbm is much different than iMessage, how idk the UI looks different but in the end they do the same thing. Funny thing my buddy that was defending the iphone doesnt even have an iphone she has a bb and htc evo.

People forget these are phones and not handheld consoles, i mean the apps but honestly how long before you get bored of the app? I hate when people ask can your blackberry play angry birds? Like WTF!!! WHO CARES ABOUT ANGRY BIRDS!!! once you finish the game what do you do with it? ive passed angry birds and once i passed i never play the game anymore so i deleted it.

zkyevolved i liked your post nice to get insight on why ppl switched from the iphone to bb
    11-14-11 02:26 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bold 9900 is the top one for me period! ... sexy, classy and very professional!!

robkd likes this.
    11-14-11 03:24 AM
    well I gave apple a chance 3 times, and its the same old stuff over and over again terrible email, horrible auto correct .. full touch screen is nice on the surface but when you really need to do something .. you fumble words and things get all messed up.
    ^what he said!

11-14-11 06:26 AM
200 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD