I'm DEFINITELY making the switch. Already gave up my EVO yesterday and am using an old 8530 on my personal account until the 9930 comes out (also use a 9800 for work). I liked the playing around with & exploring Android for the first few weeks, but after that the 'new' wore off and it wasn't all that interesting to me... sure, the big screen was nice, but I guess at heart I'm just a BlackBerry girl.
    Yup - I never left, I added an Atrix. I used it consistently for a month, decided it wasn't a fit for me. Back to my trusty/trusted BB!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 08:53 AM
    I tried to be clever, and sold my Torch about 5 weeks ago....pre-empting the mainstream awareness of the new OS7 Berries coming our way.

Got a good deal, and moved over to my Nexus S as a main device whilst waiting to grab a 9900 as soon as it's released.

But.......last weekend I upgraded the OS on my girlfriend's 9780, and it was the first time I'd held/played with a BB since selling mine.
    I simply couldn't take it any more, and went out and bought another Torch immediately.

Feels SOOO good to be back.

Perhaps I wasn't that clever after all.

07-04-11 09:44 AM
    Yup - I never left, I added an Atrix. I used it consistently for a month, decided it wasn't a fit for me. Back to my trusty/trusted BB!!!

If you get time take a look at the Galaxy S2! It is the future of Android with more power and the best screen I have ever seen. What is great is I can switch back and forth between my BB and Galaxy S2 on a daily basis as the Blackberry provisioned SIM card works perfectly in the Galaxy S2. The battery life of the SG2 is awesome as I can have it check for mail every 5 minutes, do my normal business and still come home with 40-50% power remaining. The SG2 sips power like a Blackberry!
    07-04-11 10:35 AM
    I left android awhile ago. I have a Iphone for my personal use and a 9780 for my work phone. I love that combo. I liked android but the battery life on almost all of the droids on verizon sucked. They always drained without me even using it.
    07-04-11 12:41 PM
    Glad to see the wave of hate mongering and hating on Blackberry is slowly but steadily coming to an end. I personally hope BB never change there core OS ideology and continue to give us what we all know works and delivers. For those who swear by IOS and Android... it's all good but please believe we ain't followers. BB4Life!

The blacker the berry the better the phone. Thought u knew..
    07-04-11 01:19 PM
    Yep sold my evo on eBay this past week and I now have a 9330 holding me over till A.) bold 9930 or B.) iphone4s/5 drops on sprint preferably in white. if they both drop on same day and bold is black and I can get a white iPhone on sprint I'd have to consider the iPhone..I've always wanted a white phone. but I would looove to have the bold in white.
    07-04-11 10:42 PM

Caught up in the Droid fever, I've been using an Atrix for two months now. I can describe it in one word, "Flaky."

Services randomly stop running (e.g., fingerprint sensor, 3rd party apps, etc.), sounds (tones and volume settings) randomize when I use mass storage mode, the LED blinks for no reason (or doesn't blink when it should), copy/paste only works in some apps, input is discarded when I switch between apps, I get voice mails for calls that I never received (or it didn't ring?), it has "no service" when even iPhones are getting 2 bars, people cannot hear me through the microphone, and on and on it goes.

Sure, Android is flexible and powerful, but I think its basic problem (compared to BlackBerry) is that there is much less included functionality out of the box (e.g., desktop sync, auto on/off, security timer, custom LED and sound notification, Doc2Go, visual voice mail, etc.), so you have to invest the time and money to add functionality via 3rd party apps, which are often buggy.

At this point, the question is not *if* I switch back to BlackBerry, but *when.* I really think the 9900 will be perfect for me, so I'm trying to decide whether to re-activate my Torch or use the Atrix in the interim.
    eBud, bigbamboo and Appleluver23 like this.
    07-05-11 10:34 AM
    No I have not switched from an Android... Yet. But I can't wait until I do. Right now I am using a Droid 2 and there are so many things wrong with this phone that I don't know where to begin. It syncs with my Ford Sync (lol) nicely because my Ford will read my text messagers. Not a great must have feature but it is kind cool. The swipe keyboard is kinda nice but honesty the on screen keyboard in landscape mode is not a real qwerty and it is a pain to type on. The physical keyboard is not that easy to type on either.

I can't get my corporate POP3 email to send from the phone but my Verizon.net address is easy. I almost don't want to learn it.

The Storms keyboard is much easier to use.

So when the new bold comes out I will be preordering. I can't wait to get back to BB and I have only had the Droid 2 for a week.

I will be better for it I guess since I have real world experience for not liking this OS.
    bigbamboo and Appleluver23 like this.
    07-05-11 10:54 AM
    I have a t-mobile g2x and I am thinking really hard about switching to the 9900 when its released.

I just can't take the dismal battery life on this thing anymore. I also miss having a hard keyboard.

07-05-11 11:04 AM
    i went from the Curve 8900 -> Iphone 3GS -> Google Nexus S over the past 4-5 years. And am considering to go back to good old BB. especially with the BB 9900. I will not get an android anytime soon. Even if (TOUCH WOOD) i break my BB, I will get another one or go back to iphone. just no more android. HTCs or Samsungs or Google phones are a big no no.

Android OS drains battery like anything (when i first got my google S). and now with updates it doesn't drain so much but the screen sensitivity doesn't work 100%. there are times where I cant answer calls or slide to keypad unlock, cause it doesn't register my fingers trying to swipe the screen.... -.-" I found android too bloated an OS for me.

Plus, i miss the clicks and clacks of the BB keypad
    SharpieFiend likes this.
    07-05-11 11:45 AM
    I've just gone from a desire HD to a 8820 that I got off EBay. I've had blackberries before and I'm so glad to be back on a quality qwerty keyboard!

Now I'm going 3 to 4 days between charges where my DHD had to be plugged in at least once a day and to be honest I don't really miss the screen.
    07-05-11 11:54 AM
    I will definitely be leaving Android as soon as the 9930 comes out on U.S. Cellular. I had to switch from Verizon (Storm 2) to U.S. Cellular (HTC Desire) earlier this year; I didn't like the tiny keyboard on the 9650, and have been hoping that eventually a Bold with a bigger keyboard would be coming out. Now I'm on pins and needles, waiting for the day I can get rid of the Desire! I miss Blackberry so much!
    07-05-11 12:06 PM
    I never thought of the 9650 keyboard as tiny.... I love this phone..... so that bodes well for the new 9900!!! It would certainly be nice if the new keyboard is notably larger (i.e. a difference that I can feel).
    07-05-11 12:53 PM
    I left Blackberry twice for Androids (HTC Evo and EVO Shift). Those phones didn't last me two weeks before I took sprint up on their worry free return policy.

I will stick with Blackberry and purchase a new Bold Touch when it comes available through Sprint. For now, my Bold 9650 will do.

I might buy another Android if I find myself having nothing better to do than waste my time on useless apps, spend hours waiting for it to charge, consistantly find myself force closing apps, etc.. For now, I'll use my device to make calls, text, e-mail and internet.
    07-05-11 01:14 PM
    ...I might buy another Android if I find myself having nothing better to do than waste my time on useless apps, spend hours waiting for it to charge, consistantly find myself force closing apps, etc.. For now, I'll use my device to make calls, text, e-mail and internet.
    I feel this!!
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Currently in the process of selling my Nexus S, and it will be my last Android for the foreseeable future.

Now give me my 9900 ASAP. I don't mind paying (just not off bloody eBay).

07-05-11 04:40 PM
    I sold my Blackberry Torch on ebay. I have been using an HTC Inspire. I really miss how simple bb was and the keyboard. I will be purchasing the 9930 as soon as it comes out.
    07-05-11 04:52 PM
    In my opinion, at least, I truely believe that the Blackberry design will be around for many years to come. Sure, it will constantly be refined and maybe outlast RIMM itself, but the basic design of the device along with the keypad are essential to a lot of people.

There are those who love touch screens, and there are those who love the qwerty keyboard. If the BB design halted tomorrow, you would begin seeing an uprising of stressed out, irritated people who would throw an online fit until another company decided to make a BB look-a-like.

What I hope will happen in the near future is that RIMM will be bought out by Google or another mobile company. The Blackberry name will stick around and the devices will become better and more advanced. As much as I can't stand Android devices, I don't mind the platform. A Blackberry with Android software would be terrific! Maybe we'll see it, maybe we won't.
    07-05-11 05:21 PM
    I'm wanting to go to Android, but I can't make myself appreciate the actual user experience with it. If I didn't use my phone for work, I would probably be ok with the android thanks to all of the fun apps.

If they would produce an android with a truly usable keyboard, I might go for it. The Droid 3 is showing up soon, so I may give that a test drive.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just too lazy to learn a new operating system. I use my girlfriend's android all the time (helping her with it). The system is snappy, but the actual act of getting something done feels very slow.

I fear for RIM right now. Hoping the new 9900 does the trick for them as we await QNX. Heck, if Palm can stick around as long as they have, surely RIM can push through these lean years.
    07-05-11 06:43 PM
    Good to see all these people making a switch back. A lot of people would say they would never come back, but IMO nothing beats a BB for the many reasons said in this thread.

I tried Android when it 1st came out and hated it, went through 3 devices, mytouch3G, Cliq and a Nexus1. I liked the N1, but the fad wore out quickly and went with a 9700 and been rocking it since then, which is coming up on 2 years here in a few months.

9900 will be mine one day. Or depending when QNX hits, I may hold off till then. Time tells all.

07-05-11 08:44 PM
    I never thought of the 9650 keyboard as tiny.... I love this phone..... so that bodes well for the new 9900!!! It would certainly be nice if the new keyboard is notably larger (i.e. a difference that I can feel).
    Lol. Sounds like one of those "Extenze" commercials that come on late at night.
    07-05-11 08:53 PM
    I switched from my white 9780 for a month to the myTouch 4G. Let me say that the phone was a SPEED DEMON after I flashed the MIUI rom on there. There was one thing that irked me though - the virtual keyboard wasn't implemented correctly, the keys were too narrow for my big thumbs. All in all, I went out and bought a black 9780 and I'm pretty much back permanently.

I'll stick to dual fisting with my iphone 4 and bb.
    07-06-11 01:31 AM
    I left Blackberry twice for Androids (HTC Evo and EVO Shift). Those phones didn't last me two weeks before I took sprint up on their worry free return policy.

I will stick with Blackberry and purchase a new Bold Touch when it comes available through Sprint. For now, my Bold 9650 will do.

I might buy another Android if I find myself having nothing better to do than waste my time on useless apps, spend hours waiting for it to charge, consistantly find myself force closing apps, etc.. For now, I'll use my device to make calls, text, e-mail and internet.
    I hope you are not comparing app world to Android market or app store for that matter cause at least we have tons of apps to chose from useless or not.One of the biggest complaints I always read about blackberry is the LACK of apps from app world.

To the OP's question, there is just no way I'm leaving Android for the 9900.... or any blackberry at the moment.

07-06-11 05:07 AM
    question is: why would anyone want to switch from BB to Android in the first place?

Android OS, despite all of its looks + promises, it still buggy and laggy. There are so many applications hiden running that drains your battery. On top of that, the applications on Android do not impress me as much as the ones for iOS, honestly.

The games are crap, have you seen the graphic quality? Worse than PS2.

Some quite simple apps/add-ons are still not available for Android. For example: BerryBuzz for BB or Phone Buzzer for iOS. Your device would vibrate when it's connected, disconnected or during call so that you don't have to keep holding it to your ears or looking at the screen while driving to know if the person on the other line has picked up or not. So simple, yet unavailable on Android.
    Appleluver23 likes this.
    07-06-11 05:47 AM
    I had the Torch and left for the Motorola Atrix about 2 weeks ago... was completely enamored with the device for a week or so, big pretty screen, speed, apps... and then things started to go downhill.

I found myself hating messaging on the Atrix, having to look down constantly and hold the device with both hands, feebly attempting to move the cursor to fix the amazing amount of typos within messages, and the lack of a decent copy/paste feature left me frustrated and angry. I missed the big LED notification that told me what was going on inside my phone, and I hated the fact that my friends were getting triplicates of my poorly sent messages, in addition to the fact that they were being sent out of order anyway. Calls were static-filled and the reception was awful compared to my Blackberry.

To sum up my experience, I just re-registered my Torch this morning, and will be returning the big, pretty black brick that is my Atrix... because that's all it becomes around 2pm if I don't have a charger. The problems with Blackberry are fundamental, and easily fixed by a new release of a phone. Processor speed, 3G+ support, a better camera, and screen resolution were the things I loved about the Atrix, and for me at least, my concerns will be solved with the release of the 9900.

Blackberry, I'm back, and I'm sorry I ever left.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-06-11 08:51 AM
    Ive had the Curve the 1st POS storm, tour, then the Bold.. I have the Droid X and love the speed, screen size 4.3" apps etc.. But do miss the BB now and then and this 9930 looked nice But not sure if its enough to leave Android yet..
    Rim better do something soon or they are done...
    07-06-11 09:02 AM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD