Never had a problem before using an Apple with Windows on Parallels prior to 7.1.

Anyone been successful?
    05-05-12 06:35 PM
    I use VM Ware on my Macbook Pro / Air and have had issues with some BB's and not others, but it was definitely due to the VM Ware /Windows setup. Same happened on another one of my MacBook's that night - and when I went to a Windows 7 PC, it worked flawlessly. It would never reconnect on JVM. This was on OS6 on a 9700. OS7 on the 9900 worked on the same Macbook/ VM Ware machine the same day. I'm guessing that's where you're getting stuck. You could probably tweak the USB settings in the Parallels installation and perhaps get it going...but I'm not really sure. These Windows emulator software's are not perfect. When they work, they blow away a Windows PC, but when they don't...
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-05-12 08:09 PM
    I use VMware fusion and occasionally it will fail after the reboot if the phone doesn't reconnect. If I am paying attention when it doesn't reconnect, I can just click the usb icon for the virtual machine then select connect BlackBerry device and the install will continue. If I am doing something else and miss it not reconnecting, the upgrade will fail.
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-05-12 09:02 PM
    I've tried parallels with win7 on my 9800 and its never successful, in the end I just bootcamp it and it worked
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-05-12 10:39 PM
    Why not update via BB instead?
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-06-12 03:08 AM
    the best solution I have had is to use the Windows 8 consumer preview on my early 2009 macbook using boot camp. I have loaded 4 different os versions and it works great.

The download is completely free, you get to play around with the preview version of windows 8, and you get the full functionality of desktop manager.

I didn't want to keep having to use someone else's pc, nor did I want to shell out money for parallels and a version of windows just to be able to update my blackberry.
    MrVeda and observer like this.
    05-06-12 03:48 AM
    That sounds like a good idea. I borrowed an old Dell and even that just gives me nothing but error messages. I'll give Boot Camp and Win8 a try.

How many Gigs did you need on your Mac to get all that installed?

Many thanks!
    05-06-12 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the great suggestion on Win8 consumer preview, just curious how does one download and have it installed on bootcamp? I recall bootcamp required me to insert a disk with Windows to complete the installation, no?

PS Found my answer:

Last edited by observer; 05-06-12 at 06:34 PM.
    05-06-12 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD