I am just getting antsy and want to use my upgrade on the newest BB coming out for AT&T but not sure if it's been determined which device and when it will be coming to AT&T...anyone have any ideas?
    06-15-11 07:49 AM
    You're in the right forum for the *possible* next release on AT&T.
    Timing - sometime in summer.
    06-15-11 09:12 AM
    Sometime in the future.......

(Sorry but there are just so many threads asking the same thing. Right now people are just guessing.)
    06-15-11 09:13 AM
    IMO I'd have to say the Bold 9900 would be the logical 1st release (after all, it IS RIM's flagship device) then shortly and I'd say VERY shortly after, the Torch2 9810, At&t did extremely well with the Torch. And then possibly the 9860 (full touchscreen device).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 10:43 AM
    I am with OP I am tired of waiting for ATT to announce when it is coming. Please will they just say they are getting the phone? I would be happy with that. I am saving my upgrade for it. My sister had to return my niece's 9300 3G for a screen issue (she bought it in April) and they told her that phone was obsolete! So that what leaves the Torch as the only available bb on ATT right now? I am praying my 9700 will hold up.
    06-15-11 02:58 PM
    "BlackBerry for AT&T" on Facebook keeps posting about the "new touch Blackberry Bold" and OS 7. I'm going to bet that the 9900 is the next device to be released. Nothing else has even been announced. Just sayin'.
    06-15-11 03:17 PM
    I am just getting antsy and want to use my upgrade on the newest BB coming out for AT&T but not sure if it's been determined which device and when it will be coming to AT&T...anyone have any ideas?
    If you would just spend a little time reading this forum you will realize that the information you want does not exist! If you want you can join in with some of the others who are "wishing" it gets here sooner.
    Maloy likes this.
    06-15-11 05:47 PM
    The Torch 2 will probably(80/20) hit AT&T before the 9900.
    06-15-11 07:50 PM
    Damn I love being right for once.
    06-15-11 08:21 PM
    AWESOME!!!!! I'll get *my* new phone before the hubby gets his Bold Touch!!!

OK, that was evil....
    06-15-11 08:51 PM
    that is good too.i just hope the 9900 is not too far off.i want to play with both at an at&t store before making my decision.i very well know that the monza 9860 is coming to at&t as well.but its lack of a physical keyboard makes me shy away from it.
    06-15-11 11:17 PM
    06-16-11 12:18 AM
    Note it says "preorder"... This means they're just assuming ATT will get it, overpricing it in advance, waiting till ATT gets it, then shipping it out to all the people dumb enough to buy it for that price when they could just wait and walk over to ATT themselves.
    06-16-11 12:24 AM
    Note it says "preorder"... This means they're just assuming ATT will get it, overpricing it in advance, waiting till ATT gets it, then shipping it out to all the people dumb enough to buy it for that price when they could just wait and walk over to ATT themselves.
    I was answering what new bb AT&T will be getting. It costs that much because it is purchased without a 2year contract. This particular store tends to lower the price by $100 after arrival. So yes, they are screwing people who pre-order.
    Last edited by ibigberries; 06-16-11 at 12:32 AM.
    06-16-11 12:27 AM
    The 9900 is coming soon, and the others will follow VERY shortly after. They aren't going to stagger the releases, I could even see the 9900 being released one week, and the other two (full touch and Torch) being released within two weeks of the 9900 launch. I think the new Curve is farther behind as it's on a different platform and chipset, as it's the low cost BB that will be the big seller in the less affluent markets it's not the priority to get it out, the phones on the same snapdragon 1.2ghz platform are similar enough that when one is ready the others are pretty much ready as well.

Don't believe me if you want, but this is what I have heard from someone at RIM.
    06-16-11 12:27 AM
    The 9900 is coming soon, and the others will follow VERY shortly after. They aren't going to stagger the releases, I could even see the 9900 being released one week, and the other two (full touch and Torch) being released within two weeks of the 9900 launch. I think the new Curve is farther behind as it's on a different platform and chipset, as it's the low cost BB that will be the big seller in the less affluent markets it's not the priority to get it out, the phones on the same snapdragon 1.2ghz platform are similar enough that when one is ready the others are pretty much ready as well.

Don't believe me if you want, but this is what I have heard from someone at RIM.
    Honestly what people hear from RIM means nothing in relation to a carrier release and getting it into peoples hands across markets. They all have to manage various devices from a range of manufacturers and want to test them on their network and add bloatware before fitting it into a release schedule. AT&T Is a good example in having the Torch2 exclusive release to manage Vs the other new Blackberry's.

Just because RIM starts selling it, that does not mean the average joe will be able to buy it yet as unlocked phones are just to expensive for most.
    06-16-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD