05-28-11 03:22 PM
50 12
tools
    I am not switching... I don't like the small screen in combination with the touchscreen, I don't think that's going to work. So I will stick with my Torch untill the Torch 2 comes out in The Netherlands... Prob somewhere late october
    05-22-11 10:16 PM
    I am interested in the 9900 but waiting to see what it looks like in hand before I purchase...if I decide I don't like it I will hold off for the Torch II.

I will be buying outright anyways since my upgrade isn't till next year
    05-22-11 10:36 PM
    Its really going to be very difficult to choose from Bold Touch and Torch 2. A greatest keyboard over large screen or vis versa. Hmmm.... I'm still in that dilemma...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 11:12 PM
    I'm still going to keep my Torch as a backup. But definitely getting the 9900.
    I'm torn between the Apollo and the 9900, but I do plan on dropping my Torch at some point this year. While the Torch has been a dream device (it's been very fast and I've had no issues), I am tired of sliding the dang thing up to use it. I don't use the touchscreen AT ALL since I haaate fingerprints. So even if I got the 9900, I doubt I'd utilize the touchscreen anyway.
    05-23-11 10:03 AM
    I'm going to switch - I like the Torch, but I fancy the 9900. Although... *whispers* that HTC Sensation looks really pretty.
    05-23-11 11:40 AM
    I think I will be heading from the Torch to the Bold 9900. The reason I got the Torch was because I wanted the Touch Screen. Whilst I really like the phone the keyboard just doesn't do it for me and I cant get on with the Touch keyboard either (too crapmed). To me the 9900 makes perfect sense.

Although I'm really liking the Motorola Atrix.
    05-23-11 12:54 PM
    I miss mu Bold, I am going back as soon as I can get my hands on one.
    05-23-11 02:23 PM
    Im on my 3rd torch, the connection between the screen and phone keeps on becoming faulty as i use the keyboard most of the time. So im waiting for the 9900 to come out now!
    05-23-11 02:31 PM
    I pass! Waiting for QNX on BB Devices, OS6 is almost the same as OS7.
    05-23-11 09:23 PM
    I really like my Torch but I may switch. I have to test drive the 9900 first. If not I will wait until the Torch 2 arrives, probably late summer.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    Same, keeping the torch but preferably waiting for the torch 2 release.
    05-23-11 09:30 PM
    Maybe I am one of the few out there but I really, really like my torch. I have tried android and apple phones but I find myself always reaching for my torch. I like the touch screen and being able to scroll through screens and contacts easily. And the track ball is priceless for the other things that need more precision. It isn't as fast but the wait is minimal. Email and messaging is better and the keyboard a physical keyboard works best for me. The only thing that could make it beeter is a faster processor, improved screen and faster internet speed. My main concern with the torch is with a drop. One drop and the display is wobbly and pressing down on the screen is no longer uniform and the track pad can be off. I am afraid of losing screen real estate but from the demos I have seen online it looks like the bold touch has the same amount of icons with an open at since we really read side to side and not up and down. It will be nice to not have to slide open the screen to type and have a larger key board for improved typing and the higher dpi (287) on the bold will be nice too. Anyone off hand know what the dpi for the torch 2 is?
    05-23-11 09:49 PM
    I am moving from the Torch. In fact could not wait any longer for the 9900. I purchased a used 9700 to get me by. Cant wait for the 9900.

I get frustrated with the torch form factor. I also need move volume from the speakers (both ear and speaker).

Need more speed to. My wifes curve 3g is so much faster than the Torch.
    Last edited by rain3man; 05-23-11 at 10:00 PM.
    05-23-11 09:58 PM
    I'm sick and tired of my Torch to be honest. I'm getting the hour glass/watch all the time. Sliding the keyboard out has become a real pain. I can't wait for the new Bold to hit. Please be soon!!
    05-23-11 11:18 PM
    Im on my 3rd torch, the connection between the screen and phone keeps on becoming faulty as i use the keyboard most of the time. So im waiting for the 9900 to come out now!
    Really ?? I thought its a best sliding mechanism available.... I used Nokia 6265 and it was horrible. I guess there were a video which was showing how much durable Torch sliding mechanism is.

Is it a standard problem with sliders overall or its only you ???
    Last edited by nfsw; 05-24-11 at 06:02 AM.
    05-24-11 05:57 AM
    Love my torch. Can't see me going to a smaller touchscreen just for a better keyboard. I have gotten used to the cramped keyboard on the torch, but miss the keyboard on my curve. The bold line was always way to big in my hands to be comfortable. I'll be passing on the new bold and torch 2 since I'll still be under contract until QNX phones come out.
    05-24-11 07:20 AM
    I can't wait to put the thing in my pocket. It's slim, and it's metal ; two things I know would lure me over the T2. Not to mention the impulse-friendly form factor.
    05-24-11 08:11 AM
    I am just gonna wait on the Torch 2
    05-24-11 08:50 AM
    I defiantly will make the jump from my torch.
    05-24-11 09:29 AM
    I'm sick and tired of my Torch to be honest. I'm getting the hour glass/watch all the time. Sliding the keyboard out has become a real pain. I can't wait for the new Bold to hit. Please be soon!!
    Have you ever updated the OS? If you haven't, I highly recommend doing so. Visit this thread for the latest leaked OS and detailed information on how to install it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-614648/. It'll feel like a new machine, and that nasty hour glass should mostly go bye-bye.
    05-24-11 09:57 AM
    I didn't get on the Torch for a loooong time after it launched. Was always wary of sliders, and any moving parts. Just loved the always there keyboard for instant one-handed operation. Ever since the Handspring Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Pro, and then discovering Blackberries.

But I did eventually get a Torch for the bigger screen and easier viewing of pics, movie clips and PDFs. The keyboard was less good than my 9700 but was not a deal breaker. The slider mechanism was... not as terrible as I feared, but I still resented having to do it.

But the overall touchscreen operation (when I thought I could just tap the screen to get at a factoid in my emails or calendar or contacts without opening the keyboard), was a problem for me. It isn't that it was faulty or badly designed, just that you have to be a lot more careful than with a traditional BB keyboard and touchpad design. I can do most things on that without looking (like a touch-typist).

So after the first excitement started to wane, I would use the Torch in the weekends and evenings to play and view stuff, but in a crunch would switch back to my trusty 9700. After a month I thought it was a waste of capital just sitting in my drawer most of the time, so sold it (with very little loss from my eBay purchase price) and went back to my 9700 full time. And haven't regretted it at all.

Now fully looking forward to the 9900 for the form factor, the big, wide keyboard and the bigger screen. AND NO MOVING PARTS!!!

The touch screen will be interesting, but I doubt I will be doing much with it except pinch to zoom when in the browser (and when my Playbook is not to hand).
    bigbamboo likes this.
    05-25-11 04:41 AM
    IMO the Style 9670 > the Torch 9800.It's just a shame very few people get an opportunity to try the Style.

05-25-11 08:32 AM
    I'll be getting the 9900 as soon as I can. The Torch has proven better than I expected, but I miss the 9000 form factor.
    05-25-11 10:50 AM
    I am anxious to get rid of the Torch for the 9900. I had the original Bold and the 9700 before the 9800. I liked it at first, but now am pretty much done with it...I will never again buy a phone with moving parts.
    05-25-11 06:36 PM
    Even though I love my torch, I'm over the moveable parts. I'll miss the Large screen but I was playing around with a friends 9780 and I had to admit I missed the solidness of the candy bar form BB. I'll have to hold it in my hand and check it out before I invest but I'm 95% sure I'll switch, esp after having to swap out my torch about 8 times b/c of one issue or another, mainly "wobbly" top screen.
    05-26-11 11:32 PM
    I am going to switch from Torch to 9900. In fact I could not wait I purchased a Bold 9700 and am using it.
    I missed the form factor. I did not enjoy the Torch key board and was too heavy / thick. I find my self touching the 9700 screen and can't wait for the 9900 touch screen. The 9700 screen is a little to small so I am exited for the Bold 9000 size and bigger screen. Also Kevin said in his video review the 9900 is light, cool. Finally I do need a little bit larger key board than the Torch and 9700. The Torch volume was too soft on both the speaker and ear piece. The 9700 is just a bit louder, enough to help me hear you know actual phone calls.

So PLEASE just release the phone

Last edited by rain3man; 05-28-11 at 03:27 PM.
    05-28-11 03:22 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD