Some applications rely on the BBMaps libraries and expect them to be there even if you don't use it.
    Wikitude for example
    09-09-11 04:39 PM
    Thanks for this post for some reason I forgot about this app.
    09-09-11 05:25 PM
    You do have I-zoom in O-zoom out, better then pinch to zoom.
    I just tried pinch to zoom in BB Maps and it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just tried to pinch n zoom on my google maps (v4.5.3) and no dice...you sure pinch to zoom is available on the 99xx?

09-09-11 08:45 PM
    I just tried to pinch n zoom on my google maps (v4.5.3) and no dice...you sure pinch to zoom is available on the 99xx?

He said it worked on BB Maps, not Google Maps.
    09-09-11 08:56 PM
    I always make sure I uninstall BB maps and replace it with Google Maps. Google Maps is packed with more useful features.
    You should really give BB Maps a chance, they're much improved on the 9900

09-10-11 01:43 AM
    Something that I absolutely love about Google Maps for Android that isn't available on iOS and OS7 is that it will actually point me in the direction that I'm facing.
    Just so you know, Google Maps on iOS will point you in the direction you are facing as long as you are using an iPhone with a magnetometer.
    09-10-11 05:59 AM
    You should really give BB Maps a chance, they're much improved on the 9900
    I would love to, but (1) AT&T hasn't released the 9900 yet, and (2) AT&T has always blocked BB Maps for some reason. Frustrating.
    09-10-11 06:00 AM
    I would love to, but (1) AT&T hasn't released the 9900 yet, and (2) AT&T has always blocked BB Maps for some reason. Frustrating.
    ****, really? AT&T sound like a pain in the arse. BB Maps are very very good on the 9900, I used it a lot last two weeks. They use very little data and works just as well on slow 2G and 3G, Google maps needs 3G or it falls behind when navigating.

09-10-11 07:28 AM
    Has anyone been getting Low Memory warnings with the app? It seems to only happen in Street View, then a little yellow notification bar towards the bottom of the screen tells you that the memory is low. Application Management in Options shows plenty of ram available, over 200MB actually, but Google Maps eventually kicks me out of Street View, and says it's not available for a while. All the while it's lagging ever so slightly. Strange huh?
    09-10-11 01:22 PM
    ****, really? AT&T sound like a pain in the arse
    They are. I stay with them, but I'm not entirely sure why at this point.
    09-11-11 07:28 AM
    Ive had the 9930 since day 1, and i have to say things are flowing much better now on BB.

However, google maps isnt performing as it was the first week I got it. It freezes up often and give me the hour glass for minutes straight.

Anyone else experiencing this annoyance?
    09-19-11 04:08 PM
    Ive had the 9930 since day 1, and i have to say things are flowing much better now on BB.

However, google maps isnt performing as it was the first week I got it. It freezes up often and give me the hour glass for minutes straight.

Anyone else experiencing this annoyance?
    Yes, only when it first starts though, after that is fine. If I need it often one day I'll just leave it running in the background.

09-19-11 04:53 PM
    Yes, only when it first starts though, after that is fine. If I need it often one day I'll just leave it running in the background.

do you guys use latitude?
    09-19-11 05:16 PM
    do you guys use latitude?
    No, never, I don't even sign in, I don't trust google enough for that

09-19-11 05:31 PM
    No, never, I don't even sign in, I don't trust google enough for that

Why don't you trust them ?
    Why are you scared ?
    Is Google that evil ?

09-19-11 07:44 PM
    here is my video on Google Maps

09-19-11 07:49 PM
    here is my video on Google Maps

How accurate is your Google Maps location. On some of the Android phones the location can be a block or two off here in Asia.
    09-19-11 11:42 PM
    Can someone please enlighten me on the purpose of using Google Maps? I downloaded it and it seemed inferior to the native GPS application. Perhaps I am missing something?
    09-23-11 02:26 AM
    A feature that I really love about Google Maps is that you can get directions from one point to another using the public transportation selection. This is very important if you live in a city (like Manhattan) where public transportation is the central transportation for the vast majority of commuters. Can you do that on the native GPS application?

Google Maps also has the added benefit of having Google locations for whatever you search for and can directly find directions to that location you searched for (ex. Best Buy in Upper East Side) using public transportation.

You can also overlay the subway system on your map so you have a clear image of where the subway is located in relation to where you are located on the map in one app.
    09-23-11 02:36 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD