I have the 9800 and cant decide if i should go with the 9810 now or the 9900 when ATT comes out with it.
    HAs anybody switched from 9800 to 9900? Is the smaller screen hard to get used to?? I actually like the torch and was gonna go with the 9810 on sunday but i went to verizon today just to play with the 9900( 9930) for a bit and now im leaning that way again.
    Any torch users out there who LOVE the 9900? The talk about battery life, camera, device switch wiz concerning me a bit....plus not sure about the screen size.
    08-17-11 11:31 PM
    I went from the 9800 to the 9900, and don't regret it at all.

Yes the screen is smaller, and you will notice from time to time, but the key board is sooooo good it is almost hard to care about the loss of screen size.

The screen resolution helps a lot with that too though, because it maintains clarity at much farther zoom then the 9800 could.
    08-18-11 12:09 AM
    Thanks...I would really like to hear about screen size and battery from more torch to bold people as they happen.
    08-18-11 08:14 AM
    I had the 9800 as soon as it was released. I loved it, but the 9000 was always my favorite device. I switched to the 9900 the day it was released and I just love it!!!! I found no issues going to the different screen size and the battery life is great so far. Keep in mind I have only had it for a week and a half. I loved the 9800 but found myself using the keyboard and track pad more than the touch screen. Just my opinion, but I don't think you would be disappointed with the 9900!!!
    08-18-11 08:23 AM
    I made the switch. You will miss the larger screen and you will have to use the blackberry menu key more as it is lacking some of the touchscreen buttons in some applications. But on the whole it is a sweet device and I do not regret making the switch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:29 AM
    You will not regret the switch at all!!!
    08-18-11 08:30 AM
    i miss the screen size of the torch... I'm more of a browser user than a BBM user... while growing is fine on the bold and i can navigate fine, the thought of how the new torch must be definitely crosses my mind...

battery seems to be equivalent to my old torch so far... maybe slightly less...
    08-18-11 08:31 AM
    I don't really like the sliding to use the keyboard all the time. The 9900 is the best so far.
    08-18-11 09:00 AM
    I made the switch. You will miss the larger screen and you will have to use the blackberry menu key more as it is lacking some of the touchscreen buttons in some applications. But on the whole it is a sweet device and I do not regret making the switch.
    What Rob said. I'm fine because I generally have the PlayBook with me for browsing, but when I don't have it around I find browsing to be tricky. Generally, though, I'm very happy...
    08-18-11 09:07 AM
    I made the switch as well and I'm VERY happy with my decision. I think robtanz above summaried it nicely. I will add that the keyboard is amazing compared to the 9800 and the level of finish on the HW is far nicer.
    08-18-11 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD