if you dont was your phone not made in mexico?
    09-19-11 09:42 PM
    Sometimes we just have to accept that 9900 / 9930 is a smartphone which requires certain amount of power which a 1230 mah battery cannot cope with for power users. My heavy use of the device, with default signal reception set to 2G (this works best in my area), will at least give me 10 hours leaving 20-25 percent.

Is that a battery issue? I should say yes but it's something I can live with because I usually have already arrived at my house to plug the device in. I also carry a spare just in case.

Yes, my device is made in mexico. Some of the people I know with devices made in canada or hungary also experiences the same battery hungry 9900 / 9930.
    9930 - 7.0.0.XXX
    Last edited by tda_tda; 09-19-11 at 10:09 PM.
    09-19-11 10:07 PM
    Mine was made in Mexico and my battery life is great. I don't know what you'd consider great, but mine lasts all day, from about 730 am until 1030ish pm with lots of web browsing and some email/bbm/texts/calls.
    09-19-11 10:30 PM
    I think there may be something wrong with your battery. May want to get a replacement. 10 hours on 2G is unacceptable.
    09-19-11 10:35 PM
    Mine was made in mexico 5, no battery issues here. About the same battery life as my storm 2.
    09-19-11 10:46 PM
    mine and my wife's was mexican. battery's normal, relevant to usage. i can always charge at night so no point hoping for 2 days battery life.
    09-19-11 10:55 PM
    mine was made in mexico and the battery life has been great. today in particular, it was at 99+ for almost 3 hours (on standby, but still great).
    09-20-11 01:31 AM
    Made in Mexico and i usually get 14hrs of moderate use. When i first got the phone my battery was discharging exceptionally fast, so much so that i ordered a replacement battery. But in between ordering and receiving my new battery, my original battery life improved drastically. Im not sure if it just needed a couple of discharges/recharges or what. I'm use to having a phone that on a good day got 6 hrs off the charger so now i find myself forcing myself to not charge it until its near dead.
    09-20-11 02:30 AM
    Mexico and great battery life here no complaints.
    09-20-11 04:53 AM
    I'm on record here as saying I have great battery life on my 9900 (Hungary made), and I do.

But having installed Meterberry to monitor battery life, I am noticing some strange readings. It still lasts (at least) all day from 8am to midnight still leaving above 30-45%, but during the day I notice unusual spikes in per hour drain, though I'm not doing anything intensive or unusual.

Other posters have mentioned the most debilitating thing to the battery is reception area and the battery toils to pull in a signal when it is moving in and out of reception mast footprints.

That's sounding increasingly likely.

Try it yourselves and monitor your reception bars and when it is constantly dropping and rising you are likely to have worse battery life.

Methinks.
    09-20-11 05:10 AM
    Mine was made in Mexico and my battery life is great. I don't know what you'd consider great, but mine lasts all day, from about 730 am until 1030ish pm with lots of web browsing and some email/bbm/texts/calls.
    Same here...mexico5 with no issues. Love the phone and the outstanding battery life!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 05:25 AM
    I am a fairly heavy user and the worst I've been down to is about 25% after about 16 hours. I do keep gps on at all times but I exit all none core apps after using them (since they load so quickly on this phone anyway). My drain is that I am on the road during the day for my job and I think it's mostly bouncing from tower to tower. When I am at home all day on wifi my battery is near 50% after 15-16 hours every time. I immediately upgraded to .353 from the VzW factory version and now have been running .362 for 5-6 days. This is a 9930 with VzW and it was made in Canada.

09-20-11 06:25 AM
    Mexico 4 here with no complaints
    :-)

09-20-11 06:30 AM
    I think there may be something wrong with your battery. May want to get a replacement. 10 hours on 2G is unacceptable.
    ... nothing wrong actually with the 10 hrs of battery life.... I've been really testing the battery to its maximal ability for this last one week.. not drain them to 0% but test them on my category of heavy use.. I bbm a lot, email and use tapatalk plus I have turned on apps that updates status' on frequent mode (every 1 hour for FB, Ubersocial and weather app)... 10 hours is the average i get on this type of use...

.. to clarify my previous statement, if I set the apps like FB and ubersocial to never and the weather app to every 4 hours, still doing a lot of bbm, recieve mails, play a bit with ubersocial, FB and use tapatalk, I still could get 18 -20 hours on 2G with 10% leftover... still sub par compared to my onyx but I can live with it..

Like I said previously, I have two batteries.. one is Cell made in Japan and processed in Mexico and the other is Cell made in Korea and processed in China.. the one i'm talking about above is the Japan-Mexico battery...
    09-20-11 06:43 AM
    2 Verizon 9930s, Mexico 5. Zero QC and battery issues. Love it!
    09-20-11 07:06 AM
    Hungary. No battery issue whatsoever.
    09-20-11 07:28 AM
    10 hours before getting the 20% with heavy usage!! The battery is not that big so yes more power would be great, but to say that I have a battery problem... No!!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 07:30 AM
    Mine was made in Hungary, and the battery is loads better after I upgraded the OS to .353. Normally can get around 24 hours out of a full charge.

The top tip is to press and hold the BlacklBerry button when you are on the home screen to see what is open and close down anything other than the 5 normal ones (Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, BBM).

Works for me anyway.
    09-20-11 08:53 AM
    Mine was made in Mexico and I seem to have no battery problems. I am a big email and sms user throughout the day and seem to have 20-30% left at night.
    09-20-11 08:57 AM
    A little confused, but why would it matter where the phone was made in regards to battery life?

As battery problems would either be the battery itself or a device software issue, i'm not seeing the connection.
    09-20-11 09:21 AM
    I'm on record here as saying I have great battery life on
    Other posters have mentioned the most debilitating thing to the battery is reception area and the battery toils to pull in a signal when it is moving in and out of reception mast footprints.
    +1. i have noticed this.
    09-20-11 09:24 AM
    ...Hungary 2, stock OS and no battery problems at all. Not sure why the country of manufacture should make a difference, but earlier posts on this subject did give the impression that the Euro-made ones were giving better battery life. It definitely also seems to matter how strong / reliable the signal is too. I turn off the radio for a few hours a day while at work (except lunchtimes) due to the poor signal and the phone's constant searching for a network, and I haven't noticed any great difference between my moderate use on the 9900 to what I was getting w/ the 9780, I usually only need to charge (when down to about 10% - 15%) every couple of days.
    09-20-11 10:19 AM
    My battery lasts all day, I have Facebook, Twitter, BeReader,Smart Wi-Fi, and my battery seems to last all day. I check emails, send sms messages, surf the web here and there and run a few apps. I am not on it all the time, and when I put it down or in my case I use the lock button on top of my phone. I need to track my time usage and post results in the future. Mine was made in Mexico.
    09-20-11 12:54 PM
    Average discharge rate for me is about 4-5% an hour on meterberry. Mostly bbm/texting/mailing. I have a feeling calls are battery killers
    09-20-11 01:07 PM
    Mexico 5 - No battery issues, get two days pretty easy.
    09-20-11 01:51 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD