I've had BB for a long time now and know the aches and pains of doing a battery pull occasionally to make things work as they should. I usually download quickpull as it saves time and effort but I know it's not available on our device yet. As I've had this phone for a few days now, I seem to get in the old habit of thinking I need to do a battery pull but the OS has been great for me so far with regards to speed and everything else so it's not required at this point, even though my brain tells me I need to do it, hahaha. Anyways, anyone having slow down issues or freezing that they need to do a battery pull yet? How do you actually fully turn the phone off where it actually has to run the startup process again? It seem like using the Full Power Off icon, it turns off but doesn't have to run the startup again, would this be the same thing? Us BB users get pretty quick at doing battery pulls with our old BB's, hope this is not the case for the 9900, so far, so good!
    08-16-11 01:21 AM
    Not I. Reboot, yes.. but not a battery pull.
    08-16-11 01:24 AM
    I had to do a battery pull once to check the IMEI number. Does that count? :P
    08-16-11 01:40 AM
    You only really have to do a rebood/ battery pull when you uninstall apps. If you aren't an app feind like myself, you won't have to. I tend to mess around a lot with apps and OS soo I doo one every 1-2 days regardless. My 9900 doesn't need to be reset though, it's been flawless so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 01:41 AM
    No battery pulls over here either.
    08-16-11 01:57 AM
    which battery pull software is working anyway on this OS? ..coz i tried Restartme..doesnt work.
    08-16-11 01:57 AM
    You should just hit atl+shift+h instead of doing a battery pull.
    coolraghav likes this.
    08-16-11 04:36 AM
    Why did you have to do a pull to see you IMEI number?
    08-16-11 06:42 AM
    i did a battery pull, after i received constant error messages from Foursquare. Fixed now..
    08-16-11 08:07 AM
    I have no idea what I am going to do with all the extra time I will have not having to do 2-3 battery pulls a day as I currently do with my Storm!
    08-16-11 08:12 AM
    Did one when I thought my convenience key wasn't working...then I realised it was in fact the mute button I was pressing.

Don't ask.
    08-16-11 08:14 AM
    which battery pull software is working anyway on this OS? ..coz i tried Restartme..doesnt work.
    The app called Dereset works great on my 9900

08-16-11 09:07 AM
    how often need to battery pull?
    memory leak again?
    08-16-11 09:53 AM
    how often need to battery pull?
    memory leak again?
    No memory leak. 0 battery pulls needed.
    08-16-11 09:57 AM
    Got mine yesterday and had to do a battery pull yesterday.

Would not connect to my Car Bluetooth kit. Tried everything - updated the software on the car kit (Parrot MKi9200). Just assumed it was too new and wouldn't work with it.
    As a last resort I did a battery pull and tried again. Worked first time and has been working fine in my car all day today.

B
    Davidso likes this.
    08-16-11 11:23 AM
    I messed up somewhere in the device switch process. Appworld was hanging everytime I hit update, since then, ive done about 3 pulls and am now doing a wipe, for a rinse and repeat of the switch.
    08-16-11 11:27 AM
    I do a battery pull often in order to switch batteries. Anyone know if this issue is fixed in OS7 -- i.e., can you keep the phone plugged in and switch batteries without a reset? I'd love that ability. The Treo smartphones were always able to do that.
    08-16-11 11:41 AM
    I do a battery pull often in order to switch batteries. Anyone know if this issue is fixed in OS7 -- i.e., can you keep the phone plugged in and switch batteries without a reset? I'd love that ability. The Treo smartphones were always able to do that.
    Hmmm, not something I'd want to try with my new $575 device. I'd take the safe road and unplug it incase something shorted out.
    08-16-11 04:05 PM
    Haven't done any pulls yet.
    08-16-11 05:20 PM
    Not I. Reboot, yes.. but not a battery pull.
    I agree also... I have done 2 reboots for app installs but have not had to do any physical battery pulls.
    08-16-11 05:59 PM
    You only really have to do a rebood/ battery pull when you uninstall apps. If you aren't an app feind like myself, you won't have to. I tend to mess around a lot with apps and OS soo I doo one every 1-2 days regardless. My 9900 doesn't need to be reset though, it's been flawless so far!

Depending on the app you also have to do a reboot if the app tells you you must to complete the installation.
    08-16-11 06:01 PM
    Just an update to my thread. Still no need for a battery pull for me. App reboots but never once froze on me and in need of a battery pull since I purchased at launch. As a long time blackberry user, I'm having battery pull withdrawl, hahaha. Still loving my 9900!!!!

09-05-11 04:10 PM
    15 days and NO pull
    09-05-11 04:16 PM
    None whatsover. working great after 3+ weeks.

09-05-11 04:47 PM
    Still no battery pulls here! I have rebooted a few times as part of install and removal of apps, however nothing as far as operational issues. What a change from when I was using the Storm 1 and Storm 2!
    09-05-11 04:49 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD