Not picking here (actually trying to hear your perspective): how does fragmentation hurt you? Seriously being non-confrontational here...
    I have a P1000 as well as a Samsung GTab 10.1. One on gingerbread, and the other on honeycomb. My beef is with honeycomb - tablet optimized apps are still lacking, and developers aren't showing interest in it. I would blame myself for not doing enough research but I found tremendous support for the P1000 on xda and elsewhere, and did not expect the 10.1 to be treated like a forgotten child.
    10-11-11 12:46 PM
    I gave my son my 9700 a while back for iPhone 4, then bought a Nexus One on Craigslist. Today I bought a 9900 and I haven't put it down yet. :-) Each device has its pros and cons, but for some reason I feel safest with BB, knowing that the battery is going to last me till day's end and that communication is instant. I must disagree with the person who said Android is not customizable, it is incredibly so, and a lot of fun with its live wallpapers and icons. My iPhone is mostly used as an iPod. So at the end of the day, I will be stepping out with BlackBerry... Oh, and nothing beats a BB when traveling overseas.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-11-11 03:26 PM
    I have a P1000 as well as a Samsung GTab 10.1. One on gingerbread, and the other on honeycomb. My beef is with honeycomb - tablet optimized apps are still lacking, and developers aren't showing interest in it. I would blame myself for not doing enough research but I found tremendous support for the P1000 on xda and elsewhere, and did not expect the 10.1 to be treated like a forgotten child.
    Makes sense...
    10-11-11 03:31 PM
    if your going to android make sure u have 3 extra batterys im getting the torch 9850 or new curve with us cellular.
    10-11-11 03:40 PM
    if your going to android make sure u have 3 extra batterys im getting the torch 9850 or new curve with us cellular.
    Umm, just an FYI for you, the lastest dual cores since the Moto Atrix have spectacular battery life compared to the older Android phones.
    My 9900 beats my Galaxy S2 by just a bit in the battery arena and that is probably cause I don't play with the 9900 throughout the day like I do with the S2.
    Your thinking is old school.

The 600 or so MHz BB phones have the best battery life of any smart phone i know of but the 1.2 GHz has changed all that.

Joe
    10-11-11 07:00 PM
    But I am looking for a phone that I can use for communication....email, text and talking.

Thanks again all!
    You just answered your post. Blackberry all the way for you!!!
    10-11-11 07:57 PM
    I have had them all... I always come back to BB... for me its a business communication deal. Not a toy.

I love my 9930 and as of last Friday... My Playbook.

BH
    10-11-11 08:09 PM
    I've been patiently waiting on ATT to release the 9900. I switched to the samsung focus until I managed to shatter it yesterda =X. Anyhow i LOVE windows phone 7. Yes something the way the UI is set up is a little tedious but i love the deepset integration of everything. I havent used an android except when I was setting up my friends phone but even with that I was frustrated trying to work with it. so, no, I'm not going to android, but I have strayed from BB for a bit =X. Now I'm back on my torch 9800. Unsure how I feel.
    10-11-11 08:39 PM
    BB 9900 + iPad2 is perfect for me. BB 9900 during the day (and always by my side for messaging), and the iPad2 to play on at night while winding down.
    10-11-11 08:39 PM
    I always use the latest BB and the latest iPhone (at the same time) I really try to fall in love with ONE,, So I can stop bouncing around from one day to another. Both platforms physically and OS-wise have and do stuff that I love. As for Android-- I've used them.... can't take them seriously. I agree with alot of posters here that say people should use whatever they're comfortable with so if for you it's Android-- all power to you. I have no issue with that.
    What I DO have an issue with are the guys that say ridiculous and childish things like-- "well, you know, I took a look at rim's stock lately and I think I'm gonna go Android" (or Apple, or Windows, or whoever ).... WHAT?????
    WTF does their stock price have to do with whether or not you like or don't like the platform? If Apple's stock hit 32 cents, it wouldn't make the iPhone any less incredible. Kinda see what I'm saying??
    :-).

Last edited by tedzone; 10-11-11 at 09:25 PM.
    10-11-11 09:19 PM
    BB 9900 + iPad2 is perfect for me. BB 9900 during the day (and always by my side for messaging), and the iPad2 to play on at night while winding down.
    Ditto. Super combo!! :-)

10-11-11 09:26 PM
    I always use the latest BB and the latest iPhone (at the same time) I really try to fall in love with ONE,, So I can stop bouncing around from one day to another. Both platforms physically and OS-wise have and do stuff that I love. As for Android-- I've used them.... can't take them seriously. I agree with alot of posters here that say people should use whatever they're comfortable with so if for you it's Android-- all power to you. I have no issue with that.
    What I DO have an issue with are the guys that say ridiculous and childish things like-- "well, you know, I took a look at rim's stock lately and I think I'm gonna go Android" (or Apple, or Windows, or whoever ).... WHAT?????
    WTF does their stock price have to do with whether or not you like or don't like the platform? If Apple's stock hit 32 cents, it wouldn't make the iPhone any less incredible. Kinda see what I'm saying??
    :-).

Agree with your final point... but the argument could be made that a good stock price is as a result of a good product. Not a foolproof theory, sure, but then again...
    10-11-11 09:32 PM
    Makes sense...
    Apps is one issue, OS updates is another. My family happens to be pretty geeky so my brother and dad are using android phones - they had to get theirs rooted to get in on the latest updates because the manufacturers muck around so much. Don't get me started on locked bootloaders as well! Freaking nightmare when I wanted to install a custom ROM on a SE Arc with a locked bootloader - I spent 30 mins trying to understand a giant WOT and not a few google searches to make sure I don't screw up.

Other than that, one thing good about the open platform is that you get to manage all your files and documents just like you would on a BlackBerry. Gain root/SU access and you can do even more, such as getting around region limitations for Market etc. This is useful when you are travelling to countries where paid apps are not available, even though you bought your phone/tablet from a country which allows them.

In short, anyone who's looking to get an Android phone would do well to find out if the development community on XDA is thriving. I would suggest either Google's own phones or Samsung manufactured ones. Can't guarantee rooting/installing custom ROMs on LG/SE/Motorola etc. won't be a PITA.
    10-11-11 09:49 PM
    I have an iPad 1 and a 9700 which does work well. Can't get a 9900 since AT&T doesn't sell it.
    10-11-11 10:17 PM
    A few more of these ridiculous RIM data outages and I'll be tossing our BES and moving to Android. This has gone one way too long. RIM can make all the excuses they want - but when this happens, 10's of millions of users are affected, and that's bad.
    10-11-11 10:24 PM
    A few more of these ridiculous RIM data outages and I'll be tossing our BES and moving to Android. This has gone one way too long. RIM can make all the excuses they want - but when this happens, 10's of millions of users are affected, and that's bad.
    Yep. Just about ready to move on......
    10-11-11 10:56 PM
    Umm, just an FYI for you, the lastest dual cores since the Moto Atrix have spectacular battery life compared to the older Android phones.
    My 9900 beats my Galaxy S2 by just a bit in the battery arena and that is probably cause I don't play with the 9900 throughout the day like I do with the S2.
    Your thinking is old school.

The 600 or so MHz BB phones have the best battery life of any smart phone i know of but the 1.2 GHz has changed all that.

Joe
    Spectacular battery life compared to the old phones? So they get 6 hours instead of 4 hours? Stop spreading garbage..... And if you don't know what you are talking about, please don't spill lies to people on this forum. Thanks.

10-12-11 12:53 AM
    i love my android incredible S a lot more than my BB 9900. Some people will always prefer to have a physical keyboard over touchscreen. I always say first someone needs to see if they are ok with having a touchscreen keyboard. If you are I would definitely choose A HIGH END android device over any blackberry.
    10-12-11 01:28 AM
    Spectacular battery life compared to the old phones? So they get 6 hours instead of 4 hours? Stop spreading garbage..... And if you don't know what you are talking about, please don't spill lies to people on this forum. Thanks.

My Incredible S has a much better battery life than my Torch did or my 9900 now does.
    10-12-11 01:30 AM
    RIM is dissaspointment after dissapointment. Service outage is pissing me off and their new phone, the 9900 that i bought for me and my brother is a piece of junk. ill switch to iphone 4s as soon as it becomes freely available. I am sick of spending time on forums trying to figure out why my battery sux, why my reception sux, why the phone freezes, why my bbm or wifi is blocked in certain countries and how i have to look for leaked os software to fix a stupid phone glitch
    10-12-11 08:29 AM
    You know they DO sell Androids with keyboards right? However the 9900 is worth the wait, I LOVE my 9930!
    10-12-11 08:34 AM
    You know they DO sell Androids with keyboards right? However the 9900 is worth the wait, I LOVE my 9930!
    They seem to be oddities though. All the main stream hi spec Android devices are touch only slabs.
    10-12-11 08:51 AM
    As referenced in my signature im conisdering it but the keyboard and screen on the 9900 are just so good, i have to admit im addicted.
    Last edited by Kobol; 10-12-11 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-12-11 08:58 AM
    RIM is dissaspointment after dissapointment. Service outage is pissing me off and their new phone, the 9900 that i bought for me and my brother is a piece of junk. ill switch to iphone 4s as soon as it becomes freely available. I am sick of spending time on forums trying to figure out why my battery sux, why my reception sux, why the phone freezes, why my bbm or wifi is blocked in certain countries and how i have to look for leaked os software to fix a stupid phone glitch
    As much as I hate to say it, with BBM being down....I'm surpsied Apple isn't having a a smorgassboard of a sale to attract ppl to their phones. Personally, I'm starting to get sick and tired of bbm outages and my phone acting all wonky.
    10-12-11 09:23 AM
    I came from a Samsung Galaxy S (I-9000) and switched about 4 days ago. I was also a ex BB9700 user.
    I am much, much happier with the bold 9900 and its giving me way less troubles. I feel that as good as the hardware may be in the android systems, the most important thing we must not forget is the overall experience we get from the phone. This to me is an integration of the software AND the hardware. For some reason, I feel like android is a tad bit slow in its system and have lags here and there , albeit if you use the newest duo core phones. What we need a phone to do is mainly:
    -Phone calls/call quality

and as a secondary function: messaging.

I thought swype or swiftkeys would do the trick in helping me fix the keyboardless keyboard, but I have to say the 9900 is much much better for typing. I know I'm repeating what has been said by many others, but I am casting another vote for the BB9900!

Also, to my surprise the OS7 is MUCH better than the OS5 I used on my BB9700. The overall use of it (contacts displaying recent interactions with the person), and automatically opening unread messages/whatsapp/bbm from the holster...and many many other goodies are making me a happy user here.

I just hope RIM stays on and does not fall apart any time soon.
    10-12-11 09:33 AM
145 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD