PIM capabilities
    BBM - RIMs greatest creation of all
    Phone
    And the sweet sweet form factor

I'd then take this from iOS:
    GUI
    Multimedia (iTunes and such)
    The Apps

This would be the perfect device for me. Anyone else think of anything like this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 11:35 PM
    Nope. I love the 99xx w/o iOS. I do wish it was running on QNX though
    ThaMunsta and Alberta Blue like this.
    08-28-11 11:38 PM
    NO.

10 Char
    08-28-11 11:41 PM
    No.

I don't like Itunes.
    I like copy paste and listen(flac supported), why i don't like itunes? open > search > sync > listen(no flac, not very sure how itunes works, but looks complicated.).

GUI?
    Blackberry already created simple and nice GUI why need IOS GUI?

Apps?
    what apps do you like to use?
    08-28-11 11:48 PM
    The thing that would make the 9930 perfect in my sight would be the following:

Sticking with this OS7 as it seems very refined and capable while being lightweight as it would seem on the processor without all the stupidity that lags and cripples even dual core processors because of horrid implementation. I don't even want QNX to be honest as this would create a slew of new issues and bull we would need to deal with being early adopters. So simply sticking with OS7 with minor improvements to the OS of the natural progression of feedback from users.

Flash support. No excuse not to have this honestly, but whatever, HTML5 will suffice and is getting better.

Apps, and hassling and giving incentive to other developers to develop for Blackberry seeing as how RIM FINALLY transitioned to capable devices (huge leap in processing power).

On the hardware side to be quite honest this phone is perfect aside from the Autofocus gripe people have been having. Though to be quite honest, now that the phone is in my hands, the quality of the pictures isnt so bad, but I can understand in this day and age where the plague of Facebook has gripped society so that things like high quality pics on the go need to be an essential component of flagship phones. So while for regular users the camera is just fine, it's still the priciple of selling us a so called "flagship" with any downgrades, that makes a person want to tear someones vocal cords out of their throats when they're trying to convince you this phone has been improved on all fronts. Which brings me to my other hardware gripe.

The battery, clearly downgraded. The phone is still ages better than most of these other Driods and such, but still the principle of downgrading the battery outright (let alone having the decency and at least keeping it 1500 mpA) instead we get a smaller battery with another bull excuse "wouldn't fit in the thin factor we were going for" .. Well this is a Bold, not a Curve or something you can go ahead and try to win over a cool crowd, no one was complaining of the thickness to where they would say "yeah lets downgrade the camera and battery for thickness".

And a final 2 minor but serious gripes is the speaker phone (not the headpiece) is MUCH less than even the 9700, and so is the vibrate function(now I would way 99% useless). Kill yourselves RIM.

If they just addressed these issues, I wouldn't care for anything else in a phone.
    08-28-11 11:54 PM
    No. The phone is fine as it is. My wife has an iPhone 4. I wouldn't trade it for my 9930 at gunpoint.
    08-29-11 12:04 AM
    No, if I want ios, i am better off with an iphone(which i am currently using), but i want to switch back to bb, the os7 looks promising, a browser on par with ip4, that's all i need...
    08-29-11 12:05 AM
    btw you haven't answered my question yet, what apps you like from ios?
    08-29-11 12:24 AM
    btw you haven't answered my question yet, what apps you like from ios?
    Kindle
    Netflix
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Words with Friends
    VMWare View
    iDialog

These are apps I use a lot on the iPad.

08-29-11 12:28 AM
    No thanks. I don't like ios's UI, it's color palette is atrocious, the buttons are not finger friendly, the app labels are difficult to read at a glance, and in general it favors simplicity over usability and intuitivity(?)

As for multimedia I don't really care for coverflow. Half the time the covers don't even load, and I'd rather have a simpler interface that won't eat into performance. As long is the music is organised correctly and the movies play, I'm happy.

As for apps, most of them are gimmicks. I rarely use anything that doesn't come pre-loaded on to the phone, so an ecosystem consisting of 400K mostly useless, mainly redundant, certainly superfluous apps is no selling point for me. The few that I do use are multi-platform so I'm not really hurting.

So, I guess a hybrid like you described would not be the perfect device for me. For me, you'd have to go more along the lines of BBos for home screen, webOS card view and notifications, and WP7's listed apps.
    08-29-11 12:41 AM
    I do agree with you, a hybrid os would awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-29-11 12:52 AM
    I do agree with you, a hybrid os would awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Anything in particular you'd like to see incorporated?

08-29-11 12:53 AM
    Nope...the blackberry bold 9900 is great just the way it is......
    08-29-11 12:53 AM
    god no... why would anyone want that? apps maybe but thats about it
    08-29-11 01:23 AM
    I wish my Honda Civic was a Bugatti Veyron.
    psiclne likes this.
    08-29-11 01:34 AM
    The only thing I'd take from iOS is the app store and selection. That's it, that's all.
    08-29-11 01:40 AM
    Thanks but.. NO THANKS!
    08-29-11 02:30 AM
    hope qnx will answer everything since android player also inside.
    08-29-11 04:00 AM
    Blasphemy!!! How dare you wish such a thing? There are so many things I dislike about iOS that it would be a downgrade in my eyes.

08-29-11 05:21 AM
    Definitely not. That's why I use BB.

08-29-11 08:32 AM

I'd then take this from iOS:
    GUI
    Multimedia (iTunes and such)
    The Apps
    Do you actually enjoy having to "sync" your phone to itunes every time you want to add a new song/picture/document/movie to it?

That's one of the reasons my iPad drives me nuts besides the browser
    08-29-11 09:06 AM
    No thanks, i'm happy with OS7.
    08-29-11 09:09 AM
    LOL. No. I like the BBOS
    08-29-11 09:10 AM
    If 9930 runs iOS, then I't return my 9930. I love it just the way it is...
    08-29-11 10:00 AM
    Do you actually enjoy having to "sync" your phone to itunes every time you want to add a new song/picture/document/movie to it?

That's one of the reasons my iPad drives me nuts besides the browser
    I guess you're unfamiliar with iOS5 and cloud support. Which is currently ahead of all other firmware. All the sync'ing people complain about is gone with the new iOS version.

That said, no I wouldn't want iOS on my BlackBerry. I have and use both and appreciate both firmware versions for what they are. IMO.
    Duvi likes this.
    08-29-11 10:07 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD