I honestly think they shouldn't have announced a phone that wasn't going to be in peoples' hands for months so far ahead of time. I think by the time this comes out, the hardware inside will be considered old hat & the software will be yet another yawn compared to other OS' offerings in the way of updates for this year. That being said, I do indeed intend to stick with BlackBerry once again, & even use my upgrade on this bad boy once it's out.

What I wonder is if I'm sticking with BlackBerry because of my cheap unlimited data plan &/or I'm just used to a bunch of little things like the keyboard & shortcuts thanks to once owning an 8100, 8320, 8310, 8900, & 9700, with the possibility of having a 9780 soon too; as well as using OS 4.2, 4.5, 4.7, 5.0, & now 6.0.
    mssca and mustangv8 like this.
    06-15-11 11:44 PM
    Same here... if I am not addicted to Blackberry keyboard and the physical factor, I would go with an iPhone in a second... Unfortunately I am hooked on crackberry. I hate it. I think by looking at just the USEFUL app availability on iPhone, if I think it is far superior. In addition to being hooked on BB, Apple is run by controlling thugs so... I don't like Apple Inc as a company. Apple is too controlling of their customers and employees.

But I have to say, I miss D-Link Home security camera app, Calgary Transit App, and many other USEFUL apps that can be found on iPhone and Androids for sure. I am looking into adding an external keyboard to iPhone and sell my 9700 and move on. 9900 is great, but what's the point of having a PDA type small computer on my hand with limited useful applications? Many people say that BB has all the useful apps, but the truth is NO most useful apps are NOT on BB App world and never will be.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 06-15-11 at 11:55 PM.
    06-15-11 11:49 PM
    Same here... if I am not addicted to Blackberry keyboard and the physical factor, I would go with an iPhone in a second... Unfortunately I am hooked on crackberry. I hate it.
    ditto...
    the trackball/pad plus keyboard is whats keeping me...i just hate on-screen keyboards and the trackpad makes navigating around pages sooo much easier!

just noticed your signature!! hahahaha...awesome!
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-15-11 11:54 PM
    Yup, I'm still excited about and looking forward to it. Nothing has changed since it was first rumored, and don't forget how long it was only rumored before it was actually announced. I think that, considering how long it's been since significant new models, RIM had to let people know that new devices are coming. (Please don't turn this into a discussin about why it's been so long - save that for any of the hundreds of other threads already beating that subject to death.)

And all those 'little things' you mentioned as reasons for sticking with BB, those are the things that transcend the spec sheets and keep BB's attractive despite being 'technologically inferior'. The shortcuts and generally the way the OS handles most things are what I know I'd miss going to another brand phone. I'm banking on these new devices to be all that plus vastly improved performance as well as whatever other new goodies they'll have. As has been said many times, RIM has never been about bleeding-edge hardware. There are already many devices out now that seriously out-spec my Torch, but I wouldn't trade it for any of them. No doubt there will be more dual-core devices out soon, but likewise, as long as the 9900 performs well, I'll still take it over any of those other devices.
    O_C_Michael likes this.
    06-16-11 12:06 AM
    I'm still excited and I cannot wait to put my hands on one...

I just wish RIM would be able to solve its issues, as we all know by now there IS something going on because no company would be happy watching its stocks go down and do nothing, so whatever it is they have to do, I hope they fix it.

I cannot wait for them to take over the world in smartphone! They're meant to be!

06-16-11 12:10 AM
    Nope, still excited. Can't wait for the 9900 and the Torch 2. Hubby will get the 9900 (I might too) and I'll get the Torch 2.

Done Android and it wasn't a fit for me. Done iOS and wasn't a fit either as a primary device. Of those two I prefer iOS.

I do not see myself not getting a Blackberry when these devices are released. I'll certainly be in line.
    06-16-11 03:13 AM
    It does not matter if you are still excited or not as you WILL BE when it arrives in August or September.

I remain excited but with reserve as one need to still be prepared to wait.
    06-16-11 05:21 AM
    Well, previously, I had said I was getting one on day 1. I will get one, but I think I am going to wait a few days or even a week or two to see if there are any significant issues (which I doubt). If I do do it, I just need to make it happen by mid-Nov when my last NE2 expires.....
    06-16-11 08:04 AM
    i am still SO excited, just like before
    nothings changed

i WANT IT NOW
    06-16-11 08:08 AM
    Was originally convinced the 9900 would be my 'weapon of choice' in the future, but I'm somewhat torn between this and the Torch2 at this point. Still think the 9900 might be the 'just right' device but until I can get my hands on one or the other, I'm keeping my options open.

Of course I say that right now. The day it comes out I'll probably be at the store picking it up without a second thought.
    06-16-11 08:17 AM
    My neighbor's son just got the new HTC Sensation (T-Mobile) and I must say it's very impressive. I hope the same applies to the 9900.

-Rich
    06-16-11 08:23 AM
    I'm excited. Getting sick of Android. I keep rooting & switching roms because I'm not satisfied with my phone. Miss my blackberry. I can't wait!
    06-16-11 09:34 AM
    I'm still mildly excited/interested. Getting tired of my Tour (it seems to keep getting slower no matter how many battery pulls I do), and ready for something hopefully better.
    06-16-11 10:18 AM
    I am still excited but this feels an awful lot like last year when it never really materialized. I know, I know, it has been officially announced and we all see the pics and people claiming to have played with one and all that. I'm just saying it isn't even here yet and new is wearing off.

Just been too darn long in getting here. And I am still thinking in the back of my mind that until I can actually swipe my credit card and take the thing home, it is still my unicorn phone. Minus the official announcement, we heard and saw many of the same type rumors and pics last summer. It is a really nice device and I will absolutely get one when it comes out but doesn't exist yet...at least not to me.

What I don't get is why has no other manufacturer picked up on this excitement? Where are the all the other candy bar, full keyboard, touch screen devices? It seems to me that there are more than enough peeps looking for this type device.
    06-16-11 11:12 AM
    Eh, I can't really say that my attention is being held by it that much. I am just waiting for it to release so that I can replace my Tour that has see better days. I can say this is the first time I have waited to upgrade my phone due to lack of options out there on VZW.

I know people understand me here when I say I don't want an iPhone and I don't want an Android. It seems to stump the VZW reps when I talk to them though and of course my iPhone friends don't understand either.
    06-16-11 11:18 AM
    My neighbor's son just got the new HTC Sensation (T-Mobile) and I must say it's very impressive. I hope the same applies to the 9900.

-Rich
    it's a great phone, but the lack of a keyboard is pretty much a non-starter for me personally.
    06-16-11 11:23 AM
    I can say this is the first time I have waited to upgrade my phone due to lack of options out there on VZW.

I know people understand me here when I say I don't want an iPhone and I don't want an Android. It seems to stump the VZW reps when I talk to them though and of course my iPhone friends don't understand either.
    MEE TOOOOO. I have been holding on to this upgrade for a while waiting AND not really seeing anything else out there that fits my needs. But that is Hilarius about no one understanding why I keep my BB and don't get one of the new media type devices. Anytime I talk to anyone about phones, the same happens to me. No one gets it.
    06-16-11 11:28 AM
    I'm still looking forward to this Bold-Touch as much as always!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 11:58 AM

I'm waiting for Qnx afcorse becouse os 7 wil not. Be new exept from a better browser and new collors

06-16-11 01:51 PM
    I remember watching the very first Bold 9900 video on youtube, my jaw just dropped in awe. Even just seeing pictures of it made me drool. Now when I see it, I just shake my head as I hold my 9780 awaiting for next year's QNX devices (hopefully).

06-16-11 08:46 PM
    I'm still super excited, and I have been know to have a VERY short attention span when it comes to waiting for new phones. I could have ordered a white 9780 for free this past weekend, but I'm holding out for the Touch. I HATE my iPhone, but I can't go back to a non-touch now. I had the Torch, but it's too bulky for me.

I will definitely be waiting for the 9900 with excitement!
    06-16-11 08:48 PM
    I'm also waiting for the bold touch. I don't mind using the iphone but I'll miss few features of blackberry. And I can't wait so I can ditch the torch lol

06-16-11 10:26 PM
    cant waittttttttt my bank account is ready
    06-16-11 11:01 PM
    im excited but not just for this model. but all the newbies-bold touch,torch 2,apollo,and monza.im always conscientious when it comes to deciding on a new device. this time is no different.the torch 2 is in the discussion for me because it is all an exclusive device for at&t and its larger screen real estate.i can't wait to play.can we hurry up and get the new devices out rim.time is now.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 06-16-11 at 11:43 PM.
    06-16-11 11:25 PM
    Add me to the list of people who can't wait for the 9900! I will be at T-Mobile day one to pick up this beauty.
    06-17-11 05:16 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD