01-29-11 01:51 AM
66 123
tools
    it's interesting to hear already that now some are concerned about the 'looks' of the Bold 9000 'do over'. Many of us (untold thousands) just asked to upgrade the good old 9000 EXACTLY like the original.. same size all around (especially the keyboard) and now even before release we hear about the the 'looks'. Like my dad always used to say....'some people with a loaf of bread under both arms would ***** about being hungry'. Relax and be happy and hope that the Dakota is for real. Buy a bunch of different color cases and change everyday.
    01-19-11 05:17 PM
    I would change the bezel chrome around it. It never appealed to me.

I must say, the original Bold was never my favourite BB, but I'm keen on this one.
    You know, it seems like its 50/50 on that. I really like the chrome but noticed many do not. I wasn't real pleased with the 9780's black bezel, but my friend Justin about had a coronary over it.

And Phil, you may be right, as it was a great looking device. The only thing I don't love is the top part. I guess I've become really partial to the looks of my 9700's kind of squared top and the "buttons" on top that are more of a push-down on the top of the build itself.

That said, this thing could look awful and I'd buy it because of the functionality that a touchscreen would bring to my qwerty device

Almost salivating already about the feel of this badboy in my hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 06:42 PM
    So, that would be a 9780 you prefer then
    Not nececsarily... The 9780 is a grreat device, but it could do with 6.1... a faster proccessor, more ram, nfc, etc...

The Bold 9000 form factor was nice too but a bit chunky, but they addressed that by slimming it down. So i wouldnt mind.

Im not a fan of touch screens, it owuldnt be useful on a screen this size, unless as someone pointed out to scroll web pages and select input areas..
    After using the iphone though, its nto as great as it sounds. a lot of times you mis tap and it doesnt zoom the page correctly or you click somewhere and its not exactly there and what not.. So its not really as great as it sounds.

I hope they take out the leather back.. dont get me wrong its not too bad on the 9780, but Id like to see what they can do without it.
    01-20-11 12:59 AM
    Yeh, I'm with you billybobjones on the need of a touch screen on a bold. It just seems it will be very prone to errors except for large photo swiping etc. Can't imagine selecting something small like from the bb menu will be easy with touch.

Swapping back and forth between touch and the pad seems weird as well.

What is it that everyone thinks to use touch for on a bold that they can't do with the pad?

Ever try to remote desktop on an iPhone? Or even on an iPad? It sucks. Why? Because of the innacuracy of your fingers! It works great on my 9700 where it is usable, it is NOT on the iPhone and iPad.

01-20-11 02:20 AM
    i actually don't mind it looking exactly like the Bold 9000 with a slimmer profile.

this is what i wanted the 9000 to be when it was released.

it's only a little over 2 years old (the 9000).
    01-20-11 03:15 AM
    Pretty or not, one thing is for sure, it will be instantly recognizable.

01-20-11 05:31 AM
    dont understand why everyone is making a fuss.

this is the phone that most bb lovers have been asking for. its even kevins fav device.

it looks cool as is, and would have thought it is not yet the finished article. i just hope they give us the full size 9000 key pad.

heres hoping its announced at MWC !!!
    01-20-11 07:53 AM
    The original BlackBerry Bold(9000) was rather thick in comparison to other devices. This device however is still large like the 9000(width/length) yet as thin as the i4. That's quite an accomplishment in and of itself.
    01-20-11 11:12 AM
    I like what I've seen so far. It would be nice to see actual photographs of it though. I intend to make this my next device. I am hopeful it comes to TMO and that it comes out sometime before Summer.
    01-20-11 11:19 AM
    The original BlackBerry Bold(9000) was rather thick in comparison to other devices. This device however is still large like the 9000(width/length) yet as thin as the i4. That's quite an accomplishment in and of itself.
    Good point CX.

do you think the keypad will be the same size as the 9000 ?
    01-20-11 02:17 PM
    So CX the leaked picture that bgr had posted is that what it looks like
    01-20-11 03:25 PM
    Hot off of N4BB.com's twitter feed @11:38pm:

True fact #1: Montana aka Dakota has a metal frame, not plastic
    12 minutes ago via berTwitter

Sounds good to me!!!
    01-20-11 11:10 PM
    Let us hope that is true. I might not be considering it myself, but I know a few friends sporting BlackBerry Bolds that would kill me if I got this before them. I'll probably direct a few friends here.
    01-20-11 11:22 PM
    exactly what i wanted from the 9000. even the 9000's size wasn't bad when it came out. just needed to get smaller after using the i4.
    01-21-11 01:56 AM

Sounds good to me!!!
    Nice! That sounds like a win for me.

01-21-11 02:12 AM
    metal thin frame, touchscreen Bold. I WANTS.
    01-21-11 07:37 AM

Sounds good to me!!!
    As long as that's not the antenna lol

01-21-11 08:39 AM
    As long as that's not the antenna lol
    I sense an iPhone 4 joke. If it is the antenna, I will personally take the rip out of all of my friends who get it, and then some! All other BlackBerry smartphone using friends will be fine though

Seriously though, it's just too big for me. However, I understand loads of people like the form factor and size. I reckon some of my friends with more manly-sized fingers will get it though. I however have girl-fingers so I can use Curve and I think Torch keypads with ease
    01-21-11 04:04 PM
    maybe its just the pics that makes the phone so unflattering? im sure things will change (minor things tho), which id be ok with since it would have the touch screen. id eat the ugly looks for the touch screen.

btw, i could def see ari gold sporting this phone over an android or iphone.
    01-22-11 02:25 AM
    maybe its just the pics that makes the phone so unflattering? im sure things will change (minor things tho), which id be ok with since it would have the touch screen. id eat the ugly looks for the touch screen.

btw, i could def see ari gold sporting this phone over an android or iphone.
    +1 Ari would definitely rock this device.

01-22-11 03:12 AM
    All I can say is remember how everybody hated the Style when they saw photos of it? Everybody loves it now.

crackcookie likes this.
    01-22-11 04:19 AM
    I loved the 9000, much better than the 9700 and 9800 I had later. Those phones made me lose faith in BB and I currently have an iPhone 4, hopefully this one will bring me back!
    01-22-11 11:32 AM
    All I can say is remember how everybody hated the Style when they saw photos of it? Everybody loves it now.

That is too true. It was a frenzy around here when it was announced, now its one of the most solid berries made.

01-22-11 02:20 PM
    All I can say is, you do know the picture you saw was simply a mockup right?

Its akin to a blue print in a sense. It what the phone should look like, but it won't exactly be all white with blue around it.

When the phone comes out, they will put things inside it, then sexify it.

Not to mention, people always complain about the small things whenever there is no or little news, too much time on your hands go read a book or volunteer.
    01-22-11 07:56 PM
    Honestly the latest version that we've seen is an updated look from the original Magnum/Dakota mockups we've seen.
    01-23-11 10:13 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD