I love the Bold 9000 look and wouldn't mind if the Dakota is the exact same design. It's a classic - and the perfect size and form factor for me.

I just hope RIM doesn't make the mistake of shrinking it down to the 9700 series size. That was a really big mistake for RIM.

I know many corporate users who refused to upgrade their Bold 9000 phones because they thought the keyboards on the new 9700 series were too small and fiddly.
    01-23-11 11:50 AM
    All u guys want rim to release the phone that is an actual update to 9000 and this is it and now u want it to look like the 9780? Let it b my friends... Let this b what everybody wants man, an updated 9000...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 04:30 PM
    The design of the keyboard of the 9700/9780 an epic fail. They might as well have put a Curve keyboard on it and called it the 8920 Curve not 9700/9780 Bold.
    Last edited by K Bear; 01-23-11 at 04:39 PM.
    01-23-11 04:37 PM
    an updated 9000 goes against everything RIM is trying to show in its timeline! The size is fine, its the form thats all wrong! Everything RIM is making seems to be headed toward the style of the 9780 and its angled top. This device will look like an oddball to not only what is out now, but also to all the rumored devices like the apollo and the monoco. I may sell anyway, but I think this isnt too smart to stray away from what they were evolving to.... considering that the evolution of the form factor was going pretty pretty well IMO
    01-24-11 11:36 PM
    an updated 9000 goes against everything RIM is trying to show in its timeline! The size is fine, its the form thats all wrong! Everything RIM is making seems to be headed toward the style of the 9780 and its angled top. This device will look like an oddball to not only what is out now, but also to all the rumored devices like the apollo and the monoco. I may sell anyway, but I think this isnt too smart to stray away from what they were evolving to.... considering that the evolution of the form factor was going pretty pretty well IMO
    I don't think you paid attention to the images. It is similar in width to the 9000 but the similarities end there.

01-24-11 11:44 PM
    the pics clearly show that there's no angular top as all RIM devices have now. The bottom of RIMs phone tend to be angled. The chrome trim along the sides and how it curves back on top is usually what speaks 'BLACKBERRY' whenever you see anyone with one in hand. Even though the dakoda might end up being thinner than the 9000, it seems to have no curvature from the sides, sort of like the iphone 4 which can be seen by noting the chrome bezel wrapping around the device like a donut.

And no one ever complained about RIMs design for this generation and next gen phones. So why change it, and only for this one phone? I dont quite understand that...... and this is of course, assuming that this design is indeed what will go to production.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 01-25-11 at 12:05 AM.
    01-24-11 11:57 PM
    because the 9000 was BOLD these other phones aren't they are psuedo curves....

there is a BOLD fanbase and a curve one, we don't want CURVE keyboards, nor do we want Torch keyboards.

Give us the 9000 bold form factor, the last BADASS phone RIM MADE

every other phone was obsolete the moment it came out, specially the latest 2 offerings, the Torch and 9780
    01-25-11 12:16 AM
    I wont argue with screen size, I wont argue its popularity at the time for being innovative and fast (aka 9000), and I wont argue the nice screen size and the spacious keyboard. All I argue about is the form factor which clearly goes against what RIM has been trying to acheive as its "identifying curves and designs." Its not a major oddball by any means, but it is a small one when it comes to exterior design skeem
    01-25-11 12:30 AM
    All I can say is, you do know the picture you saw was simply a mockup right?

Its akin to a blue print in a sense. It what the phone should look like, but it won't exactly be all white with blue around it.

When the phone comes out, they will put things inside it, then sexify it.

Not to mention, people always complain about the small things whenever there is no or little news, too much time on your hands go read a book or volunteer.
    Yes I do genius. A 3D rendering to be exact. And I do volunteer at the local food bank 1 day a week.

Did I complain, or did I ask if others agreed with what I hope changes slightly? Many have agreed here and I did say I will get it regardless. I just love the looks of my 9700.

So may I ask why the attitude?

Well

Well...

Oh and I do read... Us southerners do know how contrary to popular belief. TCU doesn't give Bachelors Degrees for being illiterate. So maybe you should go blog or watch youtube videos instead of being rude when it is uncalled for.

How old are you btw?

01-25-11 03:57 AM
    Not trying to be rude Crackcookie, but this isn't an Android rules and BB sucks thread. That's where the uncalled for rudeness seems to belong.

And I believe the Apollo showed up the other day in pics nearly identical to the 3D rendered pic right before that.

Whether it looks good like it is now, or gets an updated look (only slightly) I'll still be truly happy to own this device one day (or month) soon.

01-25-11 04:09 AM
    The 9000 is my fav of all time. I still like the design to this very day.
    01-25-11 10:31 AM
    Oh and I do read... Us southerners do know how contrary to popular belief. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I love Southerners....Southern men in particular....something about that drawl....yummy....
    01-25-11 12:00 PM
    at this point, ill take w/e i can get. but, lets be real now. how radical or crazy can they make this bold look? not much imo. they just really need to push this device out on tmo cuz im itching for it.
    01-29-11 12:19 AM
    I love Southerners....Southern men in particular....something about that drawl....yummy....
    It worked! We actually made it all up years ago to attract the ladies

01-29-11 12:43 AM
    what about NY accents? we did that one for the ladies as well
    01-29-11 12:56 AM
    Unfortunately, the Leodiensian accent isn't that attractive to the ladies.
    01-29-11 01:51 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD