Been using my 9900 for a few days now.
    Haven't had any problems yet.
    Apart from this morning.
    Basically, last night my phone was in the red, mobile network was off etc.
    So I put my phone on charge for th night.
    When I woke up, I went to take my phone off charge, the red LED light was on.
    It had turned itself off, so I turned it back on, the hourglass came up, the the Blackberry logo would come on, then flash straight back off and the red LED came back on, it kept doing that until I did a battery pull.
    After that it turned on fine :S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 09:14 AM
    Nobody?

08-24-11 06:12 PM
    Take it back to the store and get a new phone.
    They should give you another one no questions asked.

I believe there may be a short or something wrong (hardware wise) which means you prob. wont be able to fix it.
    08-25-11 01:06 AM
    It just didn't take a charge maybe you didn't plug it in all the way or maybe it fell slightly out of your outlet but somehow it didn't charge that's all

08-25-11 01:40 AM
    maybe you plugged iin the charger before the battery was plugged in? when the charger is plugged in before the battery it will just shine the red led for as long as the charger is plugged in.
    08-25-11 02:16 AM
    It just didn't take a charge maybe you didn't plug it in all the way or maybe it fell slightly out of your outlet but somehow it didn't charge that's all

It did charge, I woke up, when I turned it on, it was fully charged, just during charging at some point it turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on until I did a battery pull.

08-25-11 06:19 AM
    maybe you plugged iin the charger before the battery was plugged in? when the charger is plugged in before the battery it will just shine the red led for as long as the charger is plugged in.
    The battery was plugged in, I had been using the phone prior to plugging tha charger in.

08-25-11 06:20 AM
    I haven 28 days to renturn it if it has a fault. I've had it for 6 maybeh 7 days now.
    Going to see how it goes for a few more days.
    I am going to completely rinse the battery so it needs to be charged. But while the phone is on.
    So basically just til my radio is turned off etc..
    Then going to put it on charge, see how it goes.
    If any problems pop up, same one or different ones, I'm definitely going to change it.
    Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it and I don't need to change it back.
    We will see.

mobibiz likes this.
    08-25-11 06:32 AM
    I haven 28 days to renturn it if it has a fault. I've had it for 6 maybeh 7 days now.
    Going to see how it goes for a few more days.
    I am going to completely rinse the battery so it needs to be charged. But while the phone is on.
    So basically just til my radio is turned off etc..
    Then going to put it on charge, see how it goes.
    If any problems pop up, same one or different ones, I'm definitely going to change it.
    Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it and I don't need to change it back.
    We will see.

I'd say that's a very logical and practical approach to the issue. Do drain the battery completely and then see if the charging part works out fine. If you suspect any issues get BOTH the handset and the charger replaced.
    08-25-11 06:37 AM
    Well I haven't properly drained the battery out yet I always charge it when its near to being low
    Or low
    So gonna do it that way.
    If any issues do happen I will be sure to have anything that could cause the problem to be replaced.
    Will just get a whole new phone with accessories
    Let's just hope this will work out so I don't need to..

08-25-11 06:46 AM
    Haven't had this problem with the 9900 yet. But I do recall occasionally having the same problem with my 9900. I can't remember the exact step I had to follow but I think I had to pull the battery and the SIM card, then reinsert, then start charging again - the hard reset. Weird, I know, what does the SIM card have anything to do with it right? Maybe I was using an older SIM card? But since you've got lots of time for your return, just return it.
    08-25-11 07:58 AM
    I've just stuck it back on charge now.
    Gonna get off it in a minute, then let it charge fully.
    Its only happened once and not since.
    Maybe was just a one off.
    Will find out after its charged.
    I did leave it on overnight last time that could of maybe had something to do with it.
    Though I've not had that happen on any other BB devices
    Everything else works perfectly. Its weird

08-25-11 08:46 AM
    I'd say that's a very logical and practical approach to the issue. Do drain the battery completely and then see if the charging part works out fine. If you suspect any issues get BOTH the handset and the charger replaced.
    You should never drain a Li-on battery completely. It's bad for the battery and each time you do that, you destroy the battery's charge capacity, making it less and less efficient with each discharge.

@the OP...it's likely only software causing the issue, not hardware. No reason to return the phone for something like that IMO.
    Last edited by FBA; 08-25-11 at 08:56 AM.
    08-25-11 08:53 AM
    I've heard that its only bad for the battery if you completely drain it a lot of times?
    This is the first time I've done it.
    I know that if you always drain it then over time the battery life gets so short that the only solution is a new battery.
    Its fully charged now, and did not have the same problem.
    I never let my battery drain anywho.
    Just this one time I thought that maybe charging it from scratch would help the life a little more for one
    And I'd get to also see if my problem was resolved.
    Which for now seems it is.

08-25-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD