Does anyone else find it annoying that the very bottom of the screen as responsive to touch because it's closer to the trackpad?

I guess its a good idea since it stops misclicks and such, but I find it very difficult close the menu and such.
    08-12-11 06:06 PM
    I am not sure what you are saying/asking?

Can I get a comma or two? a period.

You don't like that the bottom of the screen is as sensitive to touch as the rest of the screen?
    08-12-11 06:08 PM
    I am not sure what you are saying/asking?

Can I get a comma or two? a period.

You don't like that the bottom of the screen is as sensitive to touch as the rest of the screen?
    The bottom of the screen isn't as sensitive to the touch as the rest of it. I guess that this is because that's where your thumb might hit if you're scrolling with the trackpad. The problem happens when you try to tap something at the bottom of the screen, close to the trackpad, it doesn't register as much.

I was wondering if this annoyed anyone else, or if it actually happened to anyone else.

Sorry if I wasn't clear lol.
    08-12-11 06:16 PM
    Except for Wikitude, haven't had much reason to use the screen right above the Tpad. I use the bottom left corner the most choosing 'Close'.

I tried a few selections and swipes, seems to be as responsive as the rest, except when I slide off the TPad, but I also have a screen protector on, and my finger is sticking on the edge.

No worries.
    08-12-11 06:35 PM
    hehe that's impossible in my opinion but it might be true. i dont have a device like that in my hand i only have the torch but as far as i know you can't make one part of the screen more sensitive then the other.
    The only problem could cause that is if something is under the screen and the touch tactile cant recognize the you touch the screen.
    I tried on my 9810 torch and is the same every where i touch it.
    08-12-11 06:36 PM
    Does anyone else find it annoying that the very bottom of the screen as responsive to touch because it's closer to the trackpad?

I guess its a good idea since it stops misclicks and such, but I find it very difficult close the menu and such.
    I thought I was the only one. It seems along the entire bottom edge of the screen has no ability to sense touch. It does not seem to be less sensative it seems to have no touch sensativity along the entire bottom edge...like a sixteenth of an inch. I was hoping this would have changed with .340.
    Rod

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:48 PM
    Yeah, it's too close. I use the track pad to scroll down and have been inadvertantly clicking links on the bottom of the touchscreen.

08-21-11 06:06 PM
    is there anyway to de-sensitive the touch screen at all? I adjusted the dble tap interval to 100 and hover-time to Slow. Anything else I should adjust? - seems when I'm picking up the phone I inadvertently activate something on the phone....
    08-21-11 06:12 PM
    This was discussed in another thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-641021/
    08-21-11 06:22 PM
    I thought I was the only one. It seems along the entire bottom edge of the screen has no ability to sense touch. It does not seem to be less sensative it seems to have no touch sensativity along the entire bottom edge...like a sixteenth of an inch. I was hoping this would have changed with .340.
    Rod

No you two aren't the only ones. There are many out there with this issue. There is nothing you can do to fix it other than replace the device with a new one. Although that doesn't guarantee you of a fix.
    08-21-11 06:23 PM
    I don't even think it's problem, I think it was by design. Otherwise you might accidentally click stuff on the touchscreen when scrolling on the trackpad. Can't say I agree with it but it makes sense
    08-21-11 06:31 PM
    from what i've noticed on .296 the bottom part was less responsive (next to trackpad) with anything with a list, like messages or bookmarks. But with browsing a web page it was fine.
    With .353 i've noticed everything is now less responsive near the trackpad, scrolling with lists or scrolling down a web page. why dammit, why. fix this crap. i will not confuse the trackpad with the screen. stupid *** RIM
    08-25-11 03:53 PM
    Found a quick fix to it. Supposing you want to scroll up: First scroll down a tiny bit at the bottom of the screen (like 1mm), then start scrolling up. It seems to then catch your thumb movement at the bottom of the screen and you can continue to scroll up.
    It definitely doesn't seem like a hardware problem because it can still catch your thumb after this method. It looks like some extra precautionary software programming to not interfere with the trackpad. Damn stupid
    08-25-11 04:01 PM
    from what i've noticed on .296 the bottom part was less responsive (next to trackpad) with anything with a list, like messages or bookmarks. But with browsing a web page it was fine.
    With .353 i've noticed everything is now less responsive near the trackpad, scrolling with lists or scrolling down a web page. why dammit, why. fix this crap. i will not confuse the trackpad with the screen. stupid *** RIM
    They did this because if you used the trackpad too quickly moving up a page it would randomly select web links.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    08-26-11 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the explanation, but I'd have to disagree with it. My thumb and anyone elses' thumb would go nowhere near the bottom of the screen while using the trackpad. Its a pointless extra safety feature that prevents you using a good portion of the bottom center touchscreen and they should have it removed asap.
    I keep having to touch elsewhere so that I can scroll :@

08-26-11 01:56 AM
    And this never happened on the torch 9800

08-26-11 02:16 AM
    The bottom of my screen is very sensitive and I find it difficult to use the trckpad because when I touch the screen inadvertantly im screwed.....
    08-26-11 02:29 AM
    i went back to .296 where the the full bottom touchscreen works when you're browsing the internet. But still everything else such as message or menu lists, it's an anti touch area
    08-27-11 05:16 PM
    Yes, thank you! I thought I was the only one highly annoyed by this. I frequently tap on links/buttons accidentally when trying to use the optical pad. And my thumbs are not big.

RIM needs to resolve this issue......and WITHOUT removing the optical pad and all physical buttons like people are predicting for BB10 OS...
    12-26-11 08:10 PM
    RIM needs to resolve this issue......
    RIM did resolve this issue... months ago!

You need to update your OS to something higher than .296
    12-26-11 08:17 PM
    If you put ur finger on the back button and swipe upwards nutn will happen. Nice defect
    12-26-11 08:31 PM
    RIM did resolve this issue... months ago!

You need to update your OS to something higher than .296
    Not on mine. Bottom of the screen has zero touch sensitivity.
    12-26-11 08:41 PM
    If you put ur finger on the back button and swipe upwards nutn will happen. Nice defect
    Well move along to the far left or right to scroll upwards then. It's a feature, not a defect.

The early OS builds where that centre section around the trackpad was touch-responsive were a nightmare to use, and thank god they fixed that defect!
    12-26-11 08:42 PM
    Not on mine. Bottom of the screen has zero touch sensitivity.
    Precisely, it's been fixed.

geminiman7 was complaining that area was too sensitive, hence my advice to upgrade his OS.
    12-26-11 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD