I want to exchange my blackerrry, i did try to replace the keyboard on my own and the warranty sticker on the screw is gone, I was wondering if they check for that when returning the phone? thanks
    10-02-11 12:30 AM
    Still in shock u broke it? Lol. They might check the ones by the battery. Don't know if they'll take apart the device and look anywhere else. Is the screw and sticker in question viewable when you simply remove the back cover and battery? Or does one have to start breaking the phone down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 12:43 AM
    you have to remove the bottom cover where the carrier logo is to expose the screw...
    10-02-11 12:46 AM
    and the reason that costs for insurance/replacement have gone up is???..
    10-02-11 12:46 AM
    Would you be going into a store, or filing a claim with Asurion?
    If you were to go into the store, how exactly would you explain your situation?
    10-02-11 01:01 AM
    should i try seeing if they will grant me a replacement over the phone?
    10-02-11 01:06 AM
    chances are they will definitely see it. when they go to refurbish the phone, the obvious markers will be missing. they will be able to see the phone was disassembled, against warranty. they will take the phone back at first, but when they figure out it was disassembled, you will get charged back for the full price of the phone. i would not bother trying it unless you have the extra $499 full list price laying around. i wouldnt put the odds in your favor.

you broke it due to carelessness. i have taken apart many blackberrys and use alot of care and patience when doing so. you need to wait for replacement parts to start showing up more or do what i told you to do in your other thread.

and i wont even touch the subject of you trying to cheat insurance/warranty, due to your carelessness. it just isnt right.
    10-02-11 01:17 AM
    ^^ thats exactly what i was thinking. I am so frustrated right now I dont know what to do
    10-02-11 01:23 AM
    ^^ thats exactly what i was thinking. I am so frustrated right now I dont know what to do
    i hear your feeling, but hey, you screw this up, you need to forget about it and find a legal way to get a new phone or wait for replacement parts. Bottom line you worth way more money then this phone.
    10-02-11 02:24 AM
    They have started showing up on craigslist cheap used. Get on from there. My friend did for $250

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD