Hi, so i just bought an Iphone 4 with the intention of return it after a few days and getting the bold 9900

but I must admit Im starting to fall in love with this phone, so sexy, so many apps for everything you need, even the colours of the screen is so easy to read everything, so faster

even with the automatic dictionary I'm founding that I write faster in the virtual keyboard than in my old blackberry,
    of course that is until you do made a mistake and that's a real pain in the *** to correct

I dont know, i'm trying to find a reason to return it and getting the 9900, besides of the keyboard

maybe 3 years with my old curve 8900 made me too impressionable to any new phone

any experience coming from an Iphone to the 9900?
    10-06-11 08:38 PM
    If you like iPhone, keep it. I will tell you though, the 9900 is miles ahead of your old 8900. I have a 9930 and an iPad (which is just a big iPhone without talk) and while I like the iPad, I know I wouldn't want an iPhone over the bold for everyday use...I just like bb better. But hey, that's just me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 08:44 PM
    I switched from a bold 9650 to an iphone and now back to the 9930. There are good and bad aspects about both. The autocorrect, email handling, and lack of keyboard on the iphone over the course of 4 months of ownership made me sell my iphone the day the bold came out. I enjoyed the iphone for a bit but after a while, it became annoying to use because as I used it more, the more basic functions it lacked. Also the customization of notifiers was terrible in iOS4. I haven't tried iOS5 because it was in beta when I had my 4 and I was jailbroken so I didn't want to update.

You should keep using the iphone if you enjoy it at least up until the 14 day point, then maybe if you're finding yourself missing the keyboard more than you want. Switch to the 9900 for a bit and see what you think.
    10-06-11 10:45 PM
    If you like iPhone, keep it. I will tell you though, the 9900 is miles ahead of your old 8900. I have a 9930 and an iPad (which is just a big iPhone without talk) and while I like the iPad, I know I wouldn't want an iPhone over the bold for everyday use...I just like bb better. But hey, that's just me...

I feel the same way, both my roommates have iPhones prior to that we all had the OG Droid. I held on until the Apple announcement that same day I went purchased my VZ 9930. I wonder if I am just being stubborn and not going for the iPhone, I own a MacBook Air, Mac Mini (home office), Apple TV 1 and iPad 1. I just don't know why but the iPhone just does not cut it for me. Does it make sense? Probably not but while I find that I can use iOS for a short while, I don't think I would enjoy it on a long term basis.

I find iOS extremely limiting and restrictive, it boasts that it's a social phone but being social on iOS is app dependent unlike in what appears that in BB it is social no matter in which app you are in. Apple does have the most apps no one can take that title away from them but what apps are on BB I find them to be of better quality.

Coming back to BB it has truly changed for one thing it's amazingly fast, the screen! I love the screen. So far I am not finding limits as to what the phone and it's apps allow me to do. I was looking for a good news reader, I was used to Pulse on Android and could not find one; later I realized that I had one already built in right in my Social App. It works great too! I can Flag an article for later reading, I can get my PodCasts all from the same app along with my Facebook updates.

I have to say I am smitten right now with my 9930. My only dislike so far is the new App World seems to run slow and buggy at times. But I can deal with this. Oh and once I got the activity clock get stuck on my screen ,had to do a battery pull to make it clear. All in all still happy. Specially coming from the OG Droid and having experience with iOS first hand as well. Live in a Mac World minus the phone.

RIP Steve Jobs --
    10-06-11 11:53 PM
    I had an 8900 and a 9700. Got the Iphone 4 when it went to verizon because ATT could not give the Iphone 4 the same day. I liked the Iphone for games and music but that was it. Itraded in the Iphone for the 9930 and haven't looked back. I love blackberry for what it does, my use of it and productivity for my job.

10-07-11 12:17 AM
    I will be making the switch from iPhone to 9900 once AT&T releases it. The novelty of the iPhone wears off fast.
    10-07-11 01:20 AM
    Steps.

1. Return iPhone
    2. Decide if you want the iPhone or BB
    3. Get the iPhone 4S or the BB. No point at all to get an iPhone 4 when the iPhone 4S was just announced and should be in stores soon. I got an email about preordering it starting today.
    10-07-11 02:12 AM
    I recently went from an iP4 to the 9780. My main reasons for switching were twofold:

- Battery life. Over the 2.5 years I had an iPhone I had become a slave to the charger, wherever I went I looked for a plug or USB socket.
    - Messaging. Both email and IM on the iPhone (for me at least) were becoming a pain. When off of wifi it seemed to need a super stong signal to do anything. IM was especially bad and the inabilty to send a whatsapp or other IM became really frustrating. Maybe it was my network (orange UK) but the iPhone seemed to guzzle data for everything whereas my 9780 sips it.

I do miss some of the non-phone features, especially the iPod so am weighing up buying a nano or ipod touch. Overall though my 9780 is a better messaging device than my iPhone was and it goes 2-3 days between charges. The new breed of BBs worry me, RIM seem to have sacrificed battery life for a slimmer look and I don't like that so my switch back could be a short one.
    10-07-11 03:27 AM
    I have both.

Honestly the iPhone4 is just a really expensive iPod for me now. I had it activated on my account for a few weeks and found myself barely reaching for it when it came to practical use. 99% of my messaging and phone use was still going through my Bold.

Is the iP4 a good phone? Damn right it is. It works like a charm and I can't say anything bad about it. However for my needs, my Bold (9780 and now 9900) is what I found myself reaching for. I still use the iPhone for some things on wifi, and as a bad-*** iPod.

Now I know not everyone has the means to just grab 2 devices and bench-test them at the same time, but for what it's worth, my process of elimination found my answer.

max
    10-07-11 08:15 AM
    Well, I'm not from an iPhone, but my wife has one and I changed from my Storm2 to the 9930 and didn't give the iPhone a thought! There's a lot to like in the iPhone anf Android devices, but I like what I get with the BB more for my needs.
    10-07-11 08:32 AM
    I came from an iPhone 4 to 9900. The 3G network on Vodafone UK sucks where I live, so the antenna problems affected me more than most - I would get literally no reception (not even GSM) in the centre of the city I live in. Even in the patchiest bits I can still get 2G/GSM signal with the BB. Battery life is not perfect, but I can always charge overnight, so its not a huge issue for me. As for the handset, I love it. Keyboard ace, feels great in the hand, screen is quality and am enjoying using it very much. Not remotely tempted to buy a 4S

Did I say the keyboard was good? It is insanely good - I battered out a massive email this afternoon in a meeting - so quick and comfortable to type on. On screen keyboards can never compare.
    10-07-11 11:59 AM
    Whatsapp works great on the Iphone 4 so one can communicate with just about anyone in any language as one can copy/paste from Google Translate on the Iphone 4. This also be done on the Bold 9900 in various languages?
    10-07-11 01:16 PM
    I went from approx 7 years with various BlackBerrys. This past July I switched from my Torch to an iPhone 4. As has been mentioned, at first it was great. Tons of apps, nice to surf on etc.

After the first month though the novelty started to wear off. I had this phone with a ton of apps on it and they were barely getting used. I was using it just like my old Berry's, messaging, emails and phone calls. And it wasn't doing the job as well as I would have liked. The battery life was also getting to me.

So after two and a half months I walked into a Rogers store and bought a 9900. I haven't looked back. I also added a PlayBook and couldn't be happier.

Is the iPhone nice? Absolutely. But in my opinion the 9900 is nicer and more functional for me.
    Guatiao likes this.
    10-07-11 01:19 PM
    I have the 9930 best!!!!! Also have a disconnected iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod with a good camera.

My bold 9930 is my phone. I do so much work on it.

Return iPhone and decide whether you want iOS or blackberry.

10-07-11 01:25 PM
    I went from approx 7 years with various BlackBerrys. This past July I switched from my Torch to an iPhone 4. As has been mentioned, at first it was great. Tons of apps, nice to surf on etc.

After the first month though the novelty started to wear off. I had this phone with a ton of apps on it and they were barely getting used. I was using it just like my old Berry's, messaging, emails and phone calls. And it wasn't doing the job as well as I would have liked. The battery life was also getting to me.

So after two and a half months I walked into a Rogers store and bought a 9900. I haven't looked back. I also added a PlayBook and couldn't be happier.

Is the iPhone nice? Absolutely. But in my opinion the 9900 is nicer and more functional for me.
    I think when you really look at what you need and how you use your smartphone, the BB starts coming out on top. Your point about all those apps for iPhone is one that always comes up, and the same for Android. They tout thousands of apps available!!! OK, after using an iPhone or Droid for awhile, if you're not just a gamer, many of those apps don't get used and you're just using the basic with a few essentail apps anyway which are generally available for ALL OS because they are essential app.
    OS7 will get more of these essential apps ported over, or they'll be available for QNX when those devices launch (or shortly after, afterall it is RIM).
    I'm not here to bash iPhone or Droids, I've tried them both and for me, the BB 9930 is the one. I'm hoping for a full screen QNX device because I love the full screen capability. Lived through Storm 1 & 2 and hope for the best in the QNX releases next year.
    Cozmik likes this.
    10-07-11 01:32 PM
    I left the iPhone 3gs and went to 9900, using a blackberry for the first time. I've got to say, so far I love it! I used to be quite attached to my iPhone, but the novelty of all the apps wore off eventually (after 18months!).

They are both good phones, only you know which compliments you the best. Multimedia, fun, apps or professional, business, emails.
    10-07-11 03:35 PM
    I went from the iPhone 4 to the 9930. I loved the iPhone, but I left for one reason....

I have important pages set up (I'm a DBA), and when one of my databases is feeling sick, it will send me an automated page in the form of an e-mail. I received a few of these pages late, and decided that I could not afford to get fired because of the iPhone's e-mail delivery (or lack thereof).

The iPhone is a great device. Heck, it's a fantastic device. But I know for certain that I will get the important e-mails I need in a timely manner with the Bold 9930, or any BB for that matter.
    10-07-11 03:42 PM
    I had a 3G iphone - switched to a 9700 and now 9900.
    Things I use all the time on my bolds.
    Indicator light (a must, sometimes I look at it at meetings and don't have to touch it at all to know I got news)
    Solid email delivery (speaks for its self)
    BBM (nothing like it)
    Calendar (heavy use)
    Browser (ocassional use)
    Documents to go
    Most people don't know this but you can really use ure blackberry like a portable usb memory stick, most of the time I drag/drop anything from pc to pc, saves me an extra thing I gotta carry around.
    Ebay

Things I never use
    App store, games, waste of time programs I.e (apps) lol
    Music, video etc etc
    Iphone had no indicator light; always looks dead with no blinking light
    I foolishly got an iphone 3g following a crowd and it did not meet my needs, know what you need and don't go beyond your needs, don't sacrafice your needs for style.

10-07-11 04:13 PM
    I think and many agree with me,
    If you want a great communication device then nothing beats a blackberry
    If you want a pocket entertainment device then apple does this better.

Cozmik likes this.
    10-07-11 04:24 PM
    The only time i really enjoyed my iphone 4 was when i jailbroke it. It actually kicked *** for multi tasking. too many security issues with that and springboard crashes so i went pure again. HATED IT..boring and lack of handling many tasks at once made me crazy.

Sold it for 9930 and I lve the new touchscreen and keyboard. I miss the camera and video camera of the i4 though.

Might give the 4s a spin to see if the new dual core A5 makes it zippier for multi tasking and or if the new IOS 5 notifications are much better.

App world on bb blows. buggy , laggy and just plain boring as ****.

The Iphone is much more of a productivity tool than people give it credit for. Oh well,
    What can you do, beside have one of each!!!
    10-07-11 05:47 PM
    I live in canada where its cold in winter - touch screen doesn't work with big mitts. Having track pad/key board +++

10-07-11 09:55 PM
    I did have a friend who is still using Bold 9000, but he upgreaded to iPhone4, because the new Bold 9900 did not have Asia handwriting input support!

For details, pls see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...19#post6741619
    10-07-11 11:31 PM
    I currently have a Bold 9900 and a 64gb Ipad, to me its the best of both worlds. I love the apps that apple's app store provides, but I could not stand using it as an everyday device. I strictly rely on running my business from emails and instant messages and in my experience Blackberry is a better choice for me. I will soon be getting my first playbook and most likely retiring my Ipad as well.

10-08-11 12:58 AM
    i own both iphone 4 and bb 9900
    to be truthfully i only use my BB for BBM and instant messaging and email only, its my work phone, but i do other stuff on my iphone, games, watching videos, photos, music and an of course taking picture with the iPhone 4 , even in the 4 , the picture quality is so amazing that now a days i tend to leave my DSLR at home.
    can't wait for the iPhone 4s.

maybe i'm not answering your question, but to sum up
    decide what kind of phone do you need.
    if you preffer "business " style of phone (instant messaging, email, etc) then the BB is for you.
    if you preffer "leisure" style of phone "games, apps, music, photos" then nothing beat iphone.

for me i can't live without one of them :P
    10-08-11 02:46 AM
    Why do you need someone to tell you what to like? Is texting/email/productivity with efficiency more to your liking than bigger screen/apps? Or vice versa? What I can tell you is that att is the ****tiest provider comp to all companys available. That's if you're in the US. I love t-mobile, works for me and even driving across country. Verizon is a rip off also.
    -cheers!
    10-08-11 03:30 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD