Hey guys, does anyone else have a problem with updating apps when the notifications show up? Its kind of a weird issue but if i get a notification to update an app in my messages folder and hit the update button the notification disappears, however my app doesnt get updated! The only way i can update an app is if i go into app world > My world. There it shows that the app hasnt been updated and then it will actually go through with the update.

For example, when the new Blackberry Bridge came out i hit update and just assumed that it took care of business, but when i tried to pair it with my Playbook there was no option to use Blackberry Remote. Even if im inside the bridge app and i select "Check for Updates" i get a message stating that my app is up to date. Then only if i go into My World will i see that the app still needs to be updated.

Any thoughts on what the is going on?
    02-25-12 08:16 PM
    I have that problem too! It no longer prompts me to update. I suspect it's because I installed the new 7.1 leak.
    02-25-12 08:19 PM
    It's working good for me though..
    02-25-12 08:21 PM
    Works fine for me too. Holy crap byul did you move into the CB server?! Everywhere I go you beat me to nearly every thread! Hahaha
    02-25-12 08:28 PM
    I think this is because RIM only push updates if their servers are not busy. I you leave the update for few days, I think it will pop up under notification. This is a guess, but it is quite probable because when I was on Bold 9700, I can download the app updates sometimes early by refreshing the App World.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-25-12 at 08:31 PM.
    02-25-12 08:28 PM
    Works fine for me too. Holy crap byul did you move into the CB server?! Everywhere I go you beat me to nearly every thread! Hahaha
    I'm fast and i know it.
    02-25-12 08:30 PM
    I know he/she is everywhere... there are few other users like that over here.... LOL
    02-25-12 08:32 PM
    I have that problem too! It no longer prompts me to update. I suspect it's because I installed the new 7.1 leak.
    hmm i dunno cuz im still on 7.0 so it could be something else..
    02-25-12 08:32 PM
    Hey guys, does anyone else have a problem with updating apps when the notifications show up? Its kind of a weird issue but if i get a notification to update an app in my messages folder and hit the update button the notification disappears, however my app doesnt get updated!

The update notifications seems to update before the app is available on AppWorld. On my PB it usually fix by waiting a few hours/next day and re-try the update.
    02-26-12 03:37 PM
    Haven't had any issues updating any apps from App World. I just recently had eight or nine to update.
    02-26-12 06:01 PM
    Mine seems to update ok as well. AppWorld can be a wonky beast sometimes tho. Hope you get it figured out.
    02-26-12 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD