the last bb i bought new was the 9630. i think $500 is overpriced but if i buy i will not buy another for 3 years at a minimum.
    I am sure I paid something like $699 for the 9630 when it was new,

I know Verizon launched it at $239 for a 2 year contract at first I remember when the price feel to $199 in like 3 weeks all the upset people complaining
    08-06-11 09:58 PM
    LOVE HOW YOU GUYS ARE MAKING FUN OF THE POOR, REAL CLASSY.
    Your the only one who used the word "poor". Are you so dull you can't dissearn the difference between pointing out people acting like jack@$$'s and "making fun of poor people"?
    08-06-11 10:58 PM
    I think we can all sleep a little better tonight.

I went into my local T-Mobile store today and asked the manager about the 9900 price. He said he knows about the slide that was online and said that its not new----its from the end of June and to expect a lower price. He told me to stop in on Thursday or Friday and talk to him, they should have a dummy in store and he could give an updated price as they get their training packets beginning those days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 11:29 PM
    Your the only one who used the word "poor". Are you so dull you can't dissearn the difference between pointing out people acting like jack@$$'s and "making fun of poor people"?
    Read #5 again.

@ Britnasty, I hope your right! I'm with Rogers and if the price is lowered even more then i will be sleeping fine tonight
    08-06-11 11:52 PM
    Read #5 again.
    Having me read #5 again and arguing with me when I am right doesn't keep the thread on track.

08-07-11 07:44 AM
    Okay, you all make valid points. However, we can all agree Blackberry does what they do well. I give kudos to Google on their progress in the last 3 years. Their smartphones are competitive because they are run on different cellphone manufacturers, and each company is competing with the others to put out the greatest android phone ever. Apple is Apple. They are competing spec wise but iOS is still leagues behind Android and OS7. There browser has been their main seller. iOS 5 would probably run fine on the 3GS. Why spec it out to Dual Core? So they can say it has Dual Core. Same with RIM. OS7 is on an 800 meg processor on the new Curve. But the 9900/30 runs a 1.2. So they can advertise a fast processor. Lets just be happy that RIM is trying to be competitive and perhaps they will take more risks in the future.
    08-07-11 07:54 AM
    I expected $300; $200 would better match the iPhone 5.

I, for one, will pay what I need to because my birthday is coming soon, so I can take the birthday money to take the bite off.
    08-07-11 07:58 AM
    Okay, you all make valid points. However, we can all agree Blackberry does what they do well. I give kudos to Google on their progress in the last 3 years. Their smartphones are competitive because they are run on different cellphone manufacturers, and each company is competing with the others to put out the greatest android phone ever. Apple is Apple. They are competing spec wise but iOS is still leagues behind Android and OS7. There browser has been their main seller. iOS 5 would probably run fine on the 3GS. Why spec it out to Dual Core? So they can say it has Dual Core. Same with RIM. OS7 is on an 800 meg processor on the new Curve. But the 9900/30 runs a 1.2. So they can advertise a fast processor. Lets just be happy that RIM is trying to be competitive and perhaps they will take more risks in the future.
    Yep, and anyone who has ever put a decent,,, size reduced hybrid on their Blackberry knows that all the hoopla surrounding faster multi core processors is quite ridiculous. Personally I think the new Blackberry hardware is just were it needs to be, and battery life is a hallmark of Blackberry products. I also want to point out that people who own droids spend lots of time customizing ROMS in spite of the proclaimed/real hardware advantages. As for Apple phones, I don't know much about them. I have always been extremely turned off by the Proprietary nature of Apple products.

I like the Blackberry's because the UI is extremely customizable and the hardware is super nice. (Apologies to people who bought cheesy hardware from Verizon) I do believe Verizon carried the majority of inferior models.

So "YES" I will be buying one regardless of price.

The price is not 300 Balloons people, I don't understand why people keep using that number. Must be the same people who will be buying QNX handsets in 6 months.

Last edited by olblueyez; 08-07-11 at 10:58 AM.
    grover5 and Blacklatino like this.
    08-07-11 10:55 AM
    i can wait next 6 to8 month im sure that 9930 price will be goes cheaper, buying newly expensive arrival stuff is impractical for me.. peace hehehe
    08-07-11 11:03 AM
    Yep, and anyone who has ever put a decent,,, size reduced hybrid on their Blackberry knows that all the hoopla surrounding faster multi core processors is quite ridiculous. Personally I think the new Blackberry hardware is just were it needs to be, and battery life is a hallmark of Blackberry products. I also want to point out that people who own droids spend lots of time customizing ROMS in spite of the proclaimed/real hardware advantages. As for Apple phones, I don't know much about them. I have always been extremely turned off by the Proprietary nature of Apple products.

I like the Blackberry's because the UI is extremely customizable and the hardware is super nice. (Apologies to people who bought cheesy hardware from Verizon) I do believe Verizon carried the majority of inferior models.

So "YES" I will be buying one regardless of price.

The price is not 300 Balloons people, I don't understand why people keep using that number. Must be the same people who will be buying QNX handsets in 6 months.

Amen! That's exactly the reason I've not bought an iphone for myself.
    08-07-11 12:51 PM
    Amen! That's exactly the reason I've not bought an iphone for myself.
    I prefer to be offered a product and not forced into using it. This is why I have looked at going with a pay-as-you-go option or just buying a handset outright. I see the 9790 doesn't have a carrier yet. Maybe it will be carried by some pay-as-you-go companies.

I can't wait to see how Delfteo's newest 9000 Hybrid comes out. It will have an OS7 Browser. This one person has improved 9000 functionality many times over in a couple of weeks. This is why I don't buy all the faster hardware crap. All it does is kill the battery,,, and sell phones faster.

Choosing to keep the operating systems inefficient is what the carriers purposely do to keep people brainwashed into thinking they need a new phone every 6 months to a year. Just the amount of time for them to dream up new hardware and get you hooked again, just like a junkie.

Intel used to do this with mainboard chipsets. Changing the memory standard and processor packaging to force people into new hardware. These upgrades were always doled out in small increments performance wise but the people trying to keep up with the hardware payed tremendous amounts of money to do so. Android and Apple seem to use the same formula.

Have I felt like this after owning my 9000 and taking the time to set it up properly?

No.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-07-11 at 02:38 PM.
    08-07-11 02:16 PM
    Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 | Geizhals.at EU

thats a site, where I look for hardware in EU! Two days ago the 9900 was available for 416€

Bad I didn't preorder!
    08-07-11 02:47 PM
    I prefer to be offered a product and not forced into using it. This is why I have looked at going with a pay-as-you-go option or just buying a handset outright. I see the 9790 doesn't have a carrier yet. Maybe it will be carried by some pay-as-you-go companies.

I can't wait to see how Delfteo's newest 9000 Hybrid comes out. It will have an OS7 Browser. This one person has improved 9000 functionality many times over in a couple of weeks. This is why I don't buy all the faster hardware crap. All it does is kill the battery,,, and sell phones faster.

Choosing to keep the operating systems inefficient is what the carriers purposely do to keep people brainwashed into thinking they need a new phone every 6 months to a year. Just the amount of time for them to dream up new hardware and get you hooked again, just like a junkie.

Intel used to do this with mainboard chipsets. Changing the memory standard and processor packaging to force people into new hardware. These upgrades were always doled out in small increments performance wise but the people trying to keep up with the hardware payed tremendous amounts of money to do so. Android and Apple seem to use the same formula.

Have I felt like this after owning my 9000 and taking the time to set it up properly?

No.
    Well, good for you, other 9000 owners. I feel the same way, at times. There will be a breaking point hardware wise, sooner or later

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-07-11 03:03 PM
    You guys realize that BB is also proprietary as well? BBOS like IOS only runs on specific hardware.
    Now that we've got that out of the way, I don't care for apple because their OS treats people like they are idiots. I am a power user on a PC and that translates to the BB. I disliked how MS dumbed down win7 but I can still be a power user.

While I am a cheap ******* and want to pay as little as possible my storm 2 is dying and my upgrade is available on the 9th. Regardless of the contract price, 200 or 300, I will be getting a 9930. That doesn't mean I won't try to get as cheap a price as possible. Hopefully www.letstalk.com will have the 9930 at release for a good price. Picked my S2 from them a month after it came out for $70.

08-07-11 03:09 PM
    You guys realize that BB is also proprietary as well? BBOS like IOS only runs on specific hardware.
    Yes I know the BB OS is proprietary, and I could be wrong about this but the BB OS seems to be highly customizable as compared to the others. It's not just the Apple OS I am opposed to, they seem to wanna lock us and sellers into a web of forced payment structures. The only reason they get away with it is because the iPhone is so popular. Remember the guy who video recorded himself shooting a bullet through his iPhone. I believe this type of thing was one of his gripes.

I am a power user on a PC and that translates to the BB. I disliked how MS dumbed down win7 but I can still be a power user.
    I'm a power user as well but I have to give Microsoft credit for Win 7. It really is a great OS and for the first time a new OS (7) actually runs faster than it's predecessor (Vista) on older hardware.

While I am a cheap ******* and want to pay as little as possible my storm 2 is dying and my upgrade is available on the 9th. Regardless of the contract price, 200 or 300, I will be getting a 9930. That doesn't mean I won't try to get as cheap a price as possible. Hopefully www.letstalk.com will have the 9930 at release for a good price.
    I bought my 9000 from LetsTalk so save some money and to be honest I wish like heck I had just spent more money with att. LetsTalk has the worst customer service ever. They make the customer service people at Verizon look like angels. I recommend you look else where if its possible. Did you know they notate and or record your conversations and then try to make you out to be the bad guy when you get pissed because they screwed up your order or lied to you? I just can't describe how slimy they are.

08-07-11 04:18 PM
    Now that we've got that out of the way, I don't care for apple because their OS treats people like they are idiots. I am a power user on a PC and that translates to the BB. I disliked how MS dumbed down win7 but I can still be a power user.

While I am a cheap ******* and want to pay as little as possible my storm 2 is dying and my upgrade is available on the 9th. Regardless of the contract price, 200 or 300, I will be getting a 9930. That doesn't mean I won't try to get as cheap a price as possible. Hopefully Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, and more will have the 9930 at release for a good price. Picked my S2 from them a month after it came out for $70.

RIM's software is proprietary, BUT their ecosystem isn't and that is the difference, with Apple you need to use their software, their apps must be approved and can not compete with Apples native apps (unless you jail break)
    RIM has never dictated to the consumer HOW one must add files, nor what files can be put onto the device, when the First iPhone came out, there was no way to sync office documents to the device because Apple didn't have Office documents inside of iTunes,

Apple uses a proprietary connector, RIM uses an Industry standard connector and if you recall Apple fought off using USB as long as they could because they had Firewire. another proprietary technology they licensed out,

side Note LOL @ not liking Win7 because it is too easy! Sheldon cooper!
    grover5 likes this.
    08-07-11 04:31 PM
    I'm not taking a contact renewal so I knew that I would have to pay the full pop but DAMN! I'm not willing to pay 6+ for a bb....

Meh who am I kidding...yeah I probably will.
    08-07-11 05:02 PM
    3 year contract and just 100 bucks for everything for me ! oh Rogers you know me soooooo well!
    08-07-11 05:14 PM
    �520 is just too rich for me unfortunately. I was really looking forward to the 9900, expecting it to be the same price as previous Bolds - around �400 which I was more than happy to pay. But as an upgrade to my 9700, I can't justify �500+. Being a student sucks sometimes.

I'm now going to be looking at the new Mango WP7 devices and the iPhone 5. Hopefully, this might encourage a bit of a price drop on the 9900 so I don't have to jump ship.
    08-07-11 05:21 PM
    �520 is just too rich for me unfortunately. I was really looking forward to the 9900, expecting it to be the same price as previous Bolds - around �400 which I was more than happy to pay. But as an upgrade to my 9700, I can't justify �500+. Being a student sucks sometimes.

I'm now going to be looking at the new Mango WP7 devices and the iPhone 5. Hopefully, this might encourage a bit of a price drop on the 9900 so I don't have to jump ship.

if you are looking to buy outright the iPhone 5 wont be up your ally either, usually off contract you are in the �600-800 for iPhones if you are able to get them
    08-07-11 07:16 PM
    I agree with the chairman and deRusset...one of the reasons I don't buy Apple is because I don't want to be forced into their ecosystem. I prefer more choices.
    08-07-11 07:48 PM
    if you are looking to buy outright the iPhone 5 wont be up your ally either, usually off contract you are in the �600-800 for iPhones if you are able to get them
    Apple Online Store quotes �510 for the 16GB iPhone 4.
    08-08-11 06:50 AM
    Apple Online Store quotes �510 for the 16GB iPhone 4.
    And that is a year old device,

What did it quote for PreOrder? and what was it for the first 3 months,

You can be assured the pricing on these BlackBerry devices will drop after 3 months
    08-08-11 07:40 AM
    If Verizon ever announces the 9930, I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the cost.

08-08-11 08:07 AM
    And that is a year old device,

What did it quote for PreOrder? and what was it for the first 3 months,

You can be assured the pricing on these BlackBerry devices will drop after 3 months
    iPhone 4's price from the Apple website hasn't changed since it was launched.

I'm sure it will drop, but not by �120 before Christmas.
    08-08-11 08:47 AM
283 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD