True...but that's why I said we should be doing this with "...all new products" so that when other devices come out like the iPhone5, then consumers collectively boycott the new releases. Eventually this will wear off once the carries figure out what we're doing but if we did it right, it could really, really work.

Also, in another post I specifically mentioned the iPhone5 realese date and doing the same thing with them.

If I had to bet though...it would be more difficult to organize with some groups (fanboys) than others. Lol...not saying which ones who would cooperate.

Consumers are VERY powerful and WE can help DRIVE the prices up or down.
    I agree Consumers are Very powerful, it's just that RIM fails to please us in a convenient time....considering how long we've waited....and they Know it's outdated and not up to par with the Newer generation phones that are already out. They just don't care. It took them what, a Year to finally listen to Us BB fans on what we Want on a phone? Whether it was by CB or something else they still are far behind....and it's going to take a Lot more effort to please RIM.
    08-03-11 07:00 PM
    If most still on a BB are like me they have held on to their BB due to brand loyality and familiarity with the U.I...
    ...In the corporate world many have migrated to Apple due to it's multiplying business apps.
    ...And those that have not opted for Droid.

I'm the last one in Mgmt at my company on a BB and take ribbs about it every month....
    ...If the 9930 is priced past that which the Photon was on day 1 of it's release.
    ...I will be insulted enough I will migrate to an iphone or Droid.
    ...And wait and see what QNX brings to the table.

I'm willing to bet, of the BB users out there that are left, I'm NOT alien in my itinerary either...
    ...I could care less if the phone lowers by week two of launch.
    ...My path will have already been executed.
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-03-11 07:02 PM
    Woah that sucks. Here in the UK you get the phone free on a 2 year contract starting at �31 a month. 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb data. For �36 you get the same but with 1000 minutes.
    Yes. Of course. If you want a contract then yes. Even in the UK these phones *without contract* are the equilvalent of $700+ USD.
    08-03-11 07:04 PM
    You are only permitted to _suggest_ a retail price and set a lowest advertised price, you can not demand a price is sold for X amount as the manufacturer to the distributor. they are free without punitive action to sell at what ever price they like
    If a manufacturer sets a retail price and requires retailers not to deviate from said price then the manufacturer has the right to pull the account (right to purchase) and (claim to be an authorized dealer) from the retailer if they lower the price.

Its not rocket science, if you wanna sell Apple products, you sell them at their prices or they pull the account and you finish out your inventory on sale if you like, but Apple won't be selling you any more product.

As for the whole price thing, if someone has a problem with it then you should not have let your cheap azz dream about something you could not afford. The 9000 was the same price three years back and your lucky its the same now. You want cheap, buy an LG or a Samsung and shut the **** up.

People here on a Blackberry website dedicated to Blackberrys are moaning and crying about the pricing that is completely inline with past product and competitor product. I don't consider a droid a competitor and if I did I wouldn't be here. You infantile babies whining and thinking if you mention how your gonna organize and RIM is going to lose some sales??? Hey kids whatcha smokin???

WHAT HAPPENED TO SUPPORTING RIM/BLACKBERRY NOW THAT THEY HAVE SOME NEW PRODUCTS???

Doouche Bags
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-03-11 at 09:05 PM.
    08-03-11 08:30 PM
    yeah I think it's ridiculous to pay that amount of money just for a phone. I mean I love my BlackBerry just like anyone else, but I can think of so many more things I would spend that much money on. It won't take long to go down in price some.
    08-03-11 08:51 PM
    People want RIM to make a premium product, everyone is always complaining that the build quality and user experience isn't up to par. RIM releases a premium product that seems to address all these issues but when they charge a premium price people are complaining?
    08-03-11 09:30 PM
    Rim priced it similarly as playbook pricing, up the top end along with sgs2 and possibly iphone5. But 9900 is not high end smartphone. Neither playbook is professional grade tablet.
    08-03-11 09:58 PM
    If a manufacturer sets a retail price and requires retailers not to deviate from said price then the manufacturer has the right to pull the account (right to purchase) and (claim to be an authorized dealer) from the retailer if they lower the price.

Its not rocket science, if you wanna sell Apple products, you sell them at their prices or they pull the account and you finish out your inventory on sale if you like, but Apple won't be selling you any more product.

As for the whole price thing, if someone has a problem with it then you should not have let your cheap azz dream about something you could not afford. The 9000 was the same price three years back and your lucky its the same now. You want cheap, buy an LG or a Samsung and shut the **** up.

People here on a Blackberry website dedicated to Blackberrys are moaning and crying about the pricing that is completely inline with past product and competitor product. I don't consider a droid a competitor and if I did I wouldn't be here. You infantile babies whining and thinking if you mention how your gonna organize and RIM is going to lose some sales??? Hey kids whatcha smokin???

WHAT HAPPENED TO SUPPORTING RIM/BLACKBERRY NOW THAT THEY HAVE SOME NEW PRODUCTS???

Doouche Bags
    Oh, so because we faithful BB users don't want to pay 300 dollars on contracts that means we don't support them and are Douchbags?

Get out of here with that ****!

I budget a lot of stuff and have a huge family, so IMO 300 is way to much on contract.

Nice mature response broham....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    calicocat2010 and greatgoogly like this.
    08-03-11 10:02 PM
    The people here who have been moaning and crying about the "projected pricing" of the 9900 / 30...
    ...Are simply the vocal minority of the MAJORIRY of BB operators.
    ...Given RIMS history over the last two years I would pay $300.00 for an iphone.
    ...Prior to giving up that much $ for a Bold 9650 w/ a touch screen, NFC & better cameras.

Evidently the majority of those who've sounded off feel the same way....
    ...It would be wise to take note of that fact.
    08-03-11 10:11 PM
    Oh, so because we faithful BB users don't want to pay 300 dollars on contracts that means we don't support them and are Douchbags?
    Yes

Get out of here with that ****!
    If the price makes you moan, then take a hike Tyrone.

I budget a lot of stuff and have a huge family, so IMO 300 is way to much on contract.
    The carriers have free phones for you dude. Dreamer

Nice mature response broham....
    As apposed to all the business experts and revolutionarys who are gonna hurt the big bad RIM for charging the same prices they did 3 years ago?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-03-11 at 10:20 PM.
    08-03-11 10:12 PM
    Wow, I come back 5 minutes and its like 4 more pages and people are still talking about the same problem. If you don't like the price, wait for it to lower perhaps. People are paying well over $600 for a phone in other countries. Just saying!

Plus, it hasn't even been released yet.. It could be a typo. But till then, August 31st we will know.
    08-03-11 10:15 PM
    Wow, I come back 5 minutes and its like 4 more pages and people are still talking about the same problem. If you don't like the price, wait for it to lower perhaps. People are paying well over $600 for a phone in other countries. Just saying!

Plus, it hasn't even been released yet.. It could be a typo. But till then, August 31st we will know.
    Yep, and they are working on a new Curve for the budget conscious people.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-03-11 at 10:21 PM.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-03-11 10:19 PM
    Off contract anyway, so it's no matter for this guy
    <---
    08-03-11 10:20 PM
    Off contract anyway, so it's no matter for this guy
    <---
    Why no contract?
    08-03-11 10:22 PM
    HAHA $300? Sorry i love my blackberrys but I'm passing if thats the price on Verizon. Than again guys most likely Verizon will sell it for $200. They only sell 4G LTE phones above $199.99.

If it stays at 299.99 Ill wait for 2-3 months and get it off Ebay for $200-$300 with no contract. Verizon Blackberries lose their value rather quickly.
    08-03-11 10:25 PM
    As apposed to all the buisness experts and revolutionarys who are gonna hurt the big bad RIM for charging the same prices they did 3 years ago?
    Three years back in time RIM was in a position of power and easily commanded those prices...
    ...Three years ago RIM's stock didn't look like an elephant seal who had been introduced to a Great White Shark.

Today RIMS position in the market looks not unlike a segment of "Air Jaws"....
    ...With Apple and Droid being the Shark and Rim playing the seal.
    ...This was due to RIM greasing it's own head and neck up and driving it into the sand.

The results of this alien concept employed by a company which calls itself "Research in Motion" should be obvious enough to even a Primate. We are now simply watching Darwin's premise of "Adapt and Survive" in a modern day example.

I'm a big RIM fan and don't want to see them lay down on the battle field and puck their brisket up to the enemy....
    ...It's time for RIM to get into this fight and take back their portion of the market.
    ...One thing is for sure - it will not be by way of living in denial that they are still a "premier" product.

That will come with QNX if we are lucky - OS7 is nothing more then stop loss to hold them over until they can get some real fighters into the ring.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-03-11 at 11:57 PM.
    08-03-11 10:25 PM
    HAHA $300? Sorry i love my blackberrys but I'm passing if thats the price on Verizon. Than again guys most likely Verizon will sell it for $200. They only sell 4G LTE phones above $199.99.

If it stays at 299.99 Ill wait for 2-3 months and get it off Ebay for $200-$300 with no contract. Verizon Blackberries lose their value rather quickly.
    You have it all fingered out don't you.
    08-03-11 10:26 PM
    You have it all fingered out don't you.
    well i do own a verizon store so i think i should know a little about the mind of verizon. ... Verizon dropped the price of the 9650 bold down to 99.99 after like 1 month lol.
    08-03-11 10:27 PM
    Three years back in time RIM was in a position of power and easily commanded those prices...
    ...Three years ago RIM's stock didn't look like an elephant seal who had been introduced to a Great White Shark.

Today RIMS position in the market looks not unlike a segment of "Air Jaws"....
    ...With Apple and Droid being the Shark and Rim playing the seal.
    ...This was due to RIM greasing it's own head and neck up and driving it into the sand.

The results of this alien concept employed by a company which calls itself "Research in Motion" should be obvious enough to even a Primate. We are now simply watching Darwin's premise of "Adapt and Survive" in a modern day example.

I'm a big RIM fan and don't want to see them lay down on the battle field and puck their brisket up to the enemy....
    ...It's time for RIM to get into this fight and take back their portion of the market.
    ...One thing is for sure - it will not be by way living in denial that they are still a "premier" product.

That will come with QNX if we are lucky - OS7 is nothing more then stop loss to hold them over until they can get some real fighters into the ring.
    You think QNX will come if all the RIM loyalists had an attitude like yours? And many others in this thread? No way.

No mention of what goes into making a top end phone from a Canadian company?

Any cost numbers at all Big Fella?

If it needs to play Toy Story on a Netflix app to be premium then I think we define the word "premium" differently. Im 45, I'm not lookin for another "Device of the Month" that plugs into my PlayStation so I can take my Space Invaders high score on the road with me.

You have to back a real fighter.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-03-11 at 10:43 PM.
    08-03-11 10:34 PM
    You think QNX will come if all the RIM loyalists had an attitude like yours? And many others in this thread? No way.
    An attitude like mine is the ONLY hope RIM has in getting itself out of the pit it's dug itself into...
    ...You may call it sour grapes however in the real world it's called REALITY.

No mention of what goes into making a top end phone from a Canadian company?

Any cost numbers at all Big Fella?
    At this juncture it's NOT "top-end" - it's on the very bottom...
    ...Furthermore, the picture you are attempting to paint is akin.
    ...To Muhammad Ali making a statement tomorrow that he is currently the best fighter in the world.
    ...Dude, have you been following RIMS stock???

If it needs to play Toy Story on a Netflix app to be premium then I think we define the word "premium" differently. Im 45, I'm not lookin for another "Device of the Month" that plugs into my PlayStation.
    I'm 44 and those things do not factor into my purchase determinations either....
    ...However being able to grant permissions in corporate websites for employees is.
    ...Being able to do something as simple as "reset a users UN & PW" is also important.
    ...Being able to OPEN a 4.5mb .pdf is a must.

Currently BB's absolutely PUKE on those tasks and if I get a panicked call at 9pm from someone who can't do their job....
    ....Because they forgot their password, again.
    ....I would either have to borrow a Droid or iphone OR crack open an ipad.

These are the types of things that cost RIM it's "corporate" standing.....
    ...Not that their devices can't play episodes of Gilligan's Island.

So yeah, you want to debate me as to why RIM's stock today is in the shape it's in....
    ....By all means BRING IT - only realize I will not be bemoaning RIMS lack of games.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-03-11 at 10:52 PM.
    08-03-11 10:49 PM
    I am on the phone right now with a T-Mobile technical support rep. I am calling about my house having absolutely no signal at all. Anyways, I decided to ask about the price of it to see if she can explain anything about it to me. She said,

"The price is $300 because they are trying to keep up with other companies and are bringing it into the 21st century. Blackberry are known for business and emails and many people from the government use them. Blackberry is designed for safety and work phones. All other companies are passing Blackberry. Androids, more entertainment etc. Blackberry is trying to make a more user friendly phone. Blackberry is trying to figure out how to keep up with the situation with changing the way they work. As far as releases, usually the retailers at local stores have all the information before us."

So, after hearing that .. I think the price will be about $300 USD with a 2 year contract.
    08-03-11 11:02 PM
    I am on the phone right now with a T-Mobile technical support rep. I am calling about my house having absolutely no signal at all. Anyways, I decided to ask about the price of it to see if she can explain anything about it to me. She said,

"The price is $300 because they are trying to keep up with other companies and are bringing it into the 21st century. Blackberry are known for business and emails and many people from the government use them. Blackberry is designed for safety and work phones. All other companies are passing Blackberry. Androids, more entertainment etc. Blackberry is trying to make a more user friendly phone. Blackberry is trying to figure out how to keep up with the situation with changing the way they work. As far as releases, usually the retailers at local stores have all the information before us."

So, after hearing that .. I think the price will be about $300 USD with a 2 year contract.

I seriously hope the Rep you spoke with is not right BBxpress...
    ...If it turns out to be true I offer the following short video.
    ...For the members of Crackberry.

Inside a Cult | National Geographic Channel
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-03-11 11:07 PM
    I don't know. But I was typing out what she said as she was explaining to me.
    08-03-11 11:08 PM
    I do think $299 is a bit steep for this phone. I could see $199 as a reasonable price. I mean, when the 9000 and 9700 came out they had premium prices attached. With the dollar being completely garbage now, and this being part of their premium line, I guess I can sort of see the reasoning behind the price.
    08-03-11 11:23 PM
    I do think $299 is a bit steep for this phone. I could see $199 as a reasonable price. I mean, when the 9000 and 9700 came out they had premium prices attached. With the dollar being completely garbage now, and this being part of their premium line, I guess I can sort of see the reasoning behind the price.
    One thing is for sure - the dollar has no where near degraded to the level of RIM stock....
    ...It's simply a jedi-mind trick that only works on people in denial of reality.
    08-03-11 11:35 PM
283 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD