I have a spam email account I'd like to put on my BB. I know I can keep it out of my "mail" Inbox for my work email, etc. but the new mail icon and count still shows up at the top of my home screen. Any way to completely remove that -- I don't want any notification whatsoever about new email in the account. I've tried setting up filters to auto-read the emails before they hit the BB but that hasn't worked.
    09-01-11 01:56 PM
    in the email account you want to "silence" press menu and select Message Notifiers. there you can disable all notifications (LED, Vibrate/sound) I don't think you can disable the little envelope on top of the screen since this is primarily an email device
    09-01-11 03:39 PM
    Yeah but it is the little envelope that is driving me nuts. When I see an unread message, there is a compulsion to check that mailbox.
    09-01-11 03:49 PM
    i had same issue before and was messing around until i learned that this is no go to solve, so i just uninstalled that email and left only gmail
    09-01-11 04:15 PM
    Yeah but it is the little envelope that is driving me nuts. When I see an unread message, there is a compulsion to check that mailbox.
    There is a solution. Once you set up the email account and you see the new envelope icon on your screen, using the trackpad, highlight the envelope icon and then press the BlackBerry button and click Hide. Presto! It's gone.
    09-01-11 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD