11-05-11 01:20 PM
40 12
tools
    any way to dothis? i dont want to change the right side convenience key because i use it for the camera a lot.

is there any other way to do this, like clicking and holding a button or something
    Last edited by SackHarry; 11-02-11 at 07:50 PM.
    11-02-11 07:43 PM
    Full lock as in Password lock?
    11-02-11 07:46 PM
    You can set the right side convenience key to Password Lock in settings.
    There is also a paid app called ShortcutMe that might work but I cant confirm
    11-02-11 07:46 PM
    Full lock as in Password lock?
    yes password lock
    11-02-11 07:49 PM
    If you have hotkeys enabled, click K from the homescreen.

To turn on Applicatoin Shortcuts
    (from homescreen) Menu, Options, change option. back Save changes.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 11-02-11 at 08:51 PM.
    11-02-11 07:54 PM
    L opens the Calendar when this is enabled.
    Deathcommand likes this.
    11-02-11 08:46 PM
    L opens the Calendar when this is enabled.
    Oh crap. I meant K!!!
    11-02-11 08:51 PM
    All you gotta do is hit ALT then Enter. It might bring up the language selection but if you go to options under languages you can disable the language and those buttons will now lock ur blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca, Pilchard and oleo like this.
    11-02-11 08:52 PM
  9. T
    Yes, "k" if universal search is disabled. Alt+enter works even when us/dial-from-home-screen is enabled.
    11-02-11 08:58 PM
    my suggestion (and its what i actually do myself) would be to get sixtools by shaosoft (free trial available for ya to check too) and then you can set your three media keys as convenience keys. my play/pause button is the lock button now

also has some other cool features like a decent battery monitor and screencapture built in, plus a few other bits. i hgihly reccomend it
    11-02-11 09:11 PM
    Oh crap. I meant K!!!
    Edit. I wasn't paying attention.
    11-02-11 09:44 PM
    Heavy fluid what is it saying when you hit alt enter? I know this method works 100% cause use it over 50 times a day.

11-02-11 09:45 PM
    my suggestion (and its what i actually do myself) would be to get sixtools by shaosoft (free trial available for ya to check too) and then you can set your three media keys as convenience keys. my play/pause button is the lock button now

also has some other cool features like a decent battery monitor and screencapture built in, plus a few other bits. i hgihly reccomend it
    I have 6tools but in the list for shortcuts I don't see anything that suggests it can set password lock. 0_o

11-03-11 03:02 AM
    I just set my convenience key to password lock and that does it.
    11-03-11 06:25 AM
  15. T
    I just set my convenience key to password lock and that does it.
    I, too, set my left convenience key for password lock (right is for messages). That way I can lock the phone quickly no matter what screen I'm in.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    11-03-11 06:54 AM
    If only the OP hadn't said he didn't want to do that as he uses his camera a lot

The Alt Enter suggestion above is a great solution and I am so glad I learned it as I was really puzzled. That's what makes this such a great Community - really helpful, knowledgeable people.
    11-03-11 07:08 AM
    Yes, "k" if universal search is disabled. Alt+enter works even when us/dial-from-home-screen is enabled.
    Just to put in my two-penneth. Even with the universal search disabled (or rather with the application shortcuts enabled) the 'k' key does not work with the 9900 (in my experience, even with the latest leak).

I used to use it all the time on my 9700 and was more than frustrated to find it not working now. Particularly because, like quite a few of the people here I've got a 'barely there case' for my 9900 and unfortunately its a seriously tight squeeze with the leather pouch meaning I can't take advantage of the auto-locking magnet (at least not until I stretch it enough to fit! Which isn't likely to happen anytime soon).

Anyway, you learn something new every day. I didn't know about the Alt+enter shortcut. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers

Mav.
    11-03-11 07:24 AM
    Just to put in my two-penneth. Even with the universal search disabled (or rather with the application shortcuts enabled) the 'k' key does not work with the 9900 (in my experience, even with the latest leak).

I used to use it all the time on my 9700 and was more than frustrated to find it not working now. Particularly because, like quite a few of the people here I've got a 'barely there case' for my 9900 and unfortunately its a seriously tight squeeze with the leather pouch meaning I can't take advantage of the auto-locking magnet (at least not until I stretch it enough to fit! Which isn't likely to happen anytime soon).

Anyway, you learn something new every day. I didn't know about the Alt+enter shortcut. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers

Mav.
    Do you have a password set up on the device? If you do, and turn Universal Search off, and Application Shortcuts enabled, the K key should lock the phone. I found this out, because I didn't have a password set. Now I do, and I go back, and the K key locks it. I felt like a no0b.
    11-03-11 08:47 AM
    Just my thoughts - I find it almost mandatory for me to disable universal search in lieu of keyboard shortcuts. Search can be invoked by hitting S anyhow, so universal search is only one key away anyhow. Or a quick tap on the search icon. I use the main shortcuts all day long....
    11-03-11 02:17 PM
    +1 for password lock. Just make sure you have a pw enabled first or it won't show. I have mine set to the convenience key.
    11-03-11 02:44 PM
    Do you have a password set up on the device? If you do, and turn Universal Search off, and Application Shortcuts enabled, the K key should lock the phone. I found this out, because I didn't have a password set. Now I do, and I go back, and the K key locks it. I felt like a no0b.
    Of course I have a password, otherwise what would be the point? As I said in my previous post, in my experience (and that of a few others) this does not work on the 9900. Please remember that to all intents and purposes the 9900 and the 9930 are very different phones in that they run on completely different OSs. The really sad thing is that it didn't work on the stock OS that came with the phone and it hasn't been addressed in the latest leak either!
    To be fair it is a leak so we'll just have to wait for the next official release. FYI I'm running .440

Cheers.

Mav.
    11-04-11 03:13 AM
    I have a 9900 running OS .439. I lock using one touch on the letter A.
    11-04-11 05:41 AM
    Of course I have a password, otherwise what would be the point? As I said in my previous post, in my experience (and that of a few others) this does not work on the 9900. Please remember that to all intents and purposes the 9900 and the 9930 are very different phones in that they run on completely different OSs. The really sad thing is that it didn't work on the stock OS that came with the phone and it hasn't been addressed in the latest leak either!

To be fair it is a leak so we'll just have to wait for the next official release. FYI I'm running .440

Cheers.

Mav.

Sorry, you're way off on this. Homescreen shortcuts are not a might/might not work type of thing. If they aren't working and you have universal search off, then there is something wrong with your software/hardware.
    11-04-11 07:18 AM
    "A" key locks your phone. If you want added protection, set up the password lock.
    alternatively, you could download a Pattern Lock app and it is enabled just by pressing an icon on the screen or automatically after a set time.
    11-04-11 08:52 AM
    Is there a way to unlock the phone without the top button after you lock it with the A key? Thanks. The soft shell case I am using makes it tough to use the side and top key.
    11-04-11 10:17 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD