The menu items on my Bold 9900 (when you press the BlackBerry key) are very widely spaced vs. my previous 9000 and 9700. I'm guessing this is by design to make it easier to select the items using the touch screen, but I'd prefer to stick with the old-fashioned closely spaced menus (so I can see all or most of the entries without having to scroll). I'm quite happy selecting menu items using the touchpad.

I was wondering whether this might be a theme-related issue which might be resolvable when Theme Builder for OS7 comes out - any thoughts or suggestions?
    08-30-11 03:13 AM
    Options>Display>Screen Display. Font Size is what you are looking for.
    08-30-11 03:55 AM
    Hey thanks for the quick reply. It's actually not the text size that's the issue - it's the space between each line on the menus. Regardless of the font size you select in Options, the menu items are much more widely spaced than on the non-touchscreen BBs I've used - perhaps to allow more easy selection of each item using the touchscreen. The result is that the menus are very large, even with the text size set to my personal preference of 6 in Options - and almost all of the menus require scrolling to see their full extent.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?
    08-30-11 10:46 PM
    do you want to increase the icon size, so they come close or;
    do you want to increase the number of icons on each row, beyond six icons?
    08-31-11 04:01 AM
    do you want to increase the icon size, so they come close or;
    do you want to increase the number of icons on each row, beyond six icons?
    You don't get him. What he asks is the "MENU" that pop out in all applications whenever the blackberry key is pressed, the key at the left of trackpad.

I also agree that the menu item is too big and i hate wasting time to scroll for the long list.
    08-31-11 08:59 AM
    That is why I prefer the menus in OS5. With OS6 and up it's almost as if RIM has tried to "infantilize" (is that a word lol) its look, presumably for people who found the old menu style technical and unfriendly. Personally I quite liked it like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 09:13 AM
    You don't get him. What he asks is the "MENU" that pop out in all applications whenever the blackberry key is pressed, the key at the left of trackpad.

I also agree that the menu item is too big and i hate wasting time to scroll for the long list.
    oh, since thats what you are talking about; i like mine the way it is....
    09-01-11 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD