01-21-12 08:08 AM
63 123
tools
    No I'm doing it through DM on my Mac. Even if I try and backup my 9930 through DM it gets stuck on Social Feeds there also. Anyone ideas how to get around this?
    Interesting. Well, I've always had social feeds uninstalled with all my wipes and restores.

I would uninstall it prior to connect to app loader or DM. You can then reinstall when it shows the application manager.

It could also be that you're on a Mac, I unfortunately have no experience with Mac's.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-19-12 08:06 PM
    Anyone run WhatsApp on 7.1? I was running whatsapp, latest version and the hockey news app on os .374 and got bricked out of no where... updating to 7.1 now and just wondering if anyone is running these apps?
    01-19-12 09:02 PM
    Interesting. Well, I've always had social feeds uninstalled with all my wipes and restores.

I would uninstall it prior to connect to app loader or DM. You can then reinstall when it shows the application manager.

It could also be that you're on a Mac, I unfortunately have no experience with Mac's.

I've removed social feeds and began the update. It's almost done so I'll keep you posted. Thanks
    01-19-12 09:03 PM
    I've removed social feeds and began the update. It's almost done so I'll keep you posted. Thanks

Hope it works for you! Do you even use Social Feeds?

01-19-12 09:05 PM
    Updated the OS. Now my screen has been stuck on the Verizon logo for the past 5 minutes. Augh! What a nightmare!
    01-19-12 09:29 PM
    Hope it works for you! Do you even use Social Feeds?

No I don't really use social feeds, so I deleted it, then I was able to perform the update. Things seem to be ok thus far, although it was late and haven't really used the phone. But deleting social feeds prior to update was successful. I'll let you know how the OS is after today
    01-20-12 06:00 AM
    No I don't really use social feeds, so I deleted it, then I was able to perform the update. Things seem to be ok thus far, although it was late and haven't really used the phone. But deleting social feeds prior to update was successful. I'll let you know how the OS is after today
    Glad to hear that it is working for you so far.
    01-20-12 10:02 AM
    Upgraded to OS 7.1 last weekend, only problems are with bluetooth stereo headset. Turn on headset then my Radio app, radio play very poppy. Turn off headset and turn back on might fixit, if not repeat. Also noticed that bluetooth range is way done can barely walk around cornerwithout loosing reception, use to be able to walk 20-30 yds away and still get reception. Have deleted headset and repaired problem still exist. Hope to find a fix, I use the headset about 1.5 - 2 hours every morning. Any ideas or suggestions?

yeah me too with no fix either, i may just reload 7.0
    01-20-12 01:12 PM
    I lost the use of my touch screen have been on the phone with BB ( sent there by VZ) They have worked on it for about 4 hours with no answers. Recommened a down grade to 7.0 which hase it's own issues so I'm stuck
    Interesting. I upgraded last week & just in the last day I started having an issue with the touch screen not responding. The weird thing is that it only happens in the browser & not in any other applications. The browser is working fine now so it may just be a one-off issue but we'll see how it goes as the OS settles in.
    01-20-12 03:26 PM
    Updated the OS. Now my screen has been stuck on the Verizon logo for the past 5 minutes. Augh! What a nightmare!
    This happened to me after the install as well. Pulled the battery twice, after that the VZW screen still hung for a couple minutes until going away. Did a couple more pulls after updating a couple apps and all is good.
    01-20-12 03:45 PM
    Having trouble with call Quality after 7.1. When I make a call you can push the BB key and click on Enhanced Call Audio. Mine is set on Boost treble. I reset it to normal but when I place a new call it goes back to boost treble. Two Questions:

1. Does this feature effect the outgoing sound or only the receiver sound.
    2. I can't find any where else in the phone where i can change the setting
    permanantly.
    01-21-12 07:49 AM
    1. Does this feature effect the outgoing sound or only the receiver sound.
    2. I can't find any where else in the phone where i can change the setting permanantly.
    1) It just affects the sound on your end.

2) Press the left hand call button, then Menu and scroll down to Options. Select In-call Settings and change Audio Enhancement to Normal. Back out and save.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-21-12 07:58 AM
    Thanks Phill_UK
    01-21-12 08:08 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD