Yes, I did the verizon upgrade yesterday and now I have email, but no other data. Neither Verizon or Blackberry could figure out what the problem is.
    Did you ever get this figured out? I had the same problem. Reloaded the os and again no data (other than bbm and email). I called verizon and the had me resend the "host routing table" packets. Still nothing. Then Verizon initiated the packets being sent and boom. Worked.

Try calling verizon and speak to a 2nd tier support person. They were very helpful for me!

Kenny
    01-17-12 09:30 AM
    OTA's are painfully long! Some users have experienced 3-4+ hours from start to finish.

I have wiped and reloaded many times. Using desktop manager or app loader took me only 30 minutes.
    And quite often they fail; I never recommend OTAs

Any Verizon 7.1 OS problems?
    Most of the bug reports are found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sprint-679282/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-17-12 at 10:13 AM.
    01-17-12 09:31 AM
    I had major problems after updating to 7.1 from Verizon. My connection kept dropping; I couldn't get data, and my battery was slammed -- wouldn't hold a charge. I did battery pulls, let it run down and recharged it, no good.

Turns out it was related to both MeterBerry and Email++, both of which (along with other programs) were installed at the time of the OTA upgrade.

I unstalled Email++ and the data and connection issues disappeared. I uninstalled MeterBerry and my 9930 stopped sucking battery life.

Then I reinstalled both, one at a time, waiting a few days in-between each (and making sure to reboot after the installs) and VOILA! Everything is back to normal.

Perhaps these two particular programs on my 9930 were using certain files at the time of the upgrade? Both run in the background -- so I'm wondering if other background programs may be interfering with the upgrade as well...

Just a thought...
    01-17-12 10:20 AM
    I had major problems after updating to 7.1 from Verizon. My connection kept dropping; I couldn't get data, and my battery was slammed -- wouldn't hold a charge. I did battery pulls, let it run down and recharged it, no good.

Turns out it was related to both MeterBerry and Email++, both of which (along with other programs) were installed at the time of the OTA upgrade.

I unstalled Email++ and the data and connection issues disappeared. I uninstalled MeterBerry and my 9930 stopped sucking battery life.

Then I reinstalled both, one at a time, waiting a few days in-between each (and making sure to reboot after the installs) and VOILA! Everything is back to normal.

Perhaps these two particular programs on my 9930 were using certain files at the time of the upgrade? Both run in the background -- so I'm wondering if other background programs may be interfering with the upgrade as well...

Just a thought...
    Meterberry is more of a temporary useful tool. Works great if you experiencing negative battery life or memory issues. It isn't needed if you are not having issues with either.

7.1 also has a great new feature that I tested for about 72 hours. The device analyzer. It has a great battery analyzer that breaks down into graphs and % of just about everything that is running on your device.

It seems that RIM is making more built in utilites that are already starting to weed out some of my 3rd party apps. I already have maybe 3 apps that I could remove due to OS 7.0 and 7.1.
    01-17-12 10:39 AM
    And quite often they fail; I never recommend OTAs
    That they are... OTA sounds great, but is a major dissapointment. Sadly, I've tortured myself in the past with it maybe twice and that'll never happen again.
    tbrown1576 likes this.
    01-17-12 10:45 AM
    I upgraded using Desktop Manager and I haven't encountered ANY problems.

I love the new 7.1 update. Everything feels much snappier and faster. I still have the same great, long battery life as before.

Also, the annoying spinning clock doesn't appear as often. If it does it only lasts for 2 seconds.

I've also noticed that a few more apps finally appear in the notification area (like Fightin Words) and I have an Emergency Alert Messages email icon (not really sure what that is).

But overall, I really like the update and I haven't had any problems.

Quick note:

Before updating ( i was running .374), I did not upgrade a lot of my apps (like BBM, BBM Music, Twitter for BB, UberSocial, Facebook, Blackberry Travel, Bebuzz).

After updating to 7.1, I upgraded all of those apps and didnt have any problems.

Not sure if this makes a difference.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 01-17-12 at 10:58 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-17-12 10:46 AM
    VZ sent me to BB and I have sent then all the data files on the phone ( took over an hour to uplaod) waiting for them to get back to me.One interesting thing was that I had to remove the battery while upgrading to clear the memory
    01-17-12 12:53 PM
    VZ sent me to BB and I have sent then all the data files on the phone ( took over an hour to uplaod) waiting for them to get back to me.One interesting thing was that I had to remove the battery while upgrading to clear the memory
    Can you clarify please? VZ sent you to BB?
    01-17-12 02:08 PM
    Spent some time tinkering around again tonight to get my "My Verizon" and "VCAST Song ID" apps to install. Did a net search and found an old thread on the BB support forums from 2008 on the same issue: 907 Invalid COD. Recommendation there was to clear the browser cache...

Fired up the browser and opened options, selected everything under "Clear Browsing Data" as recommended on the thread: Passwords, History, Cookies, Cache, Pushed Content and Download List.

Next, selected the icon for the My Verizon app, selected install from the BB Virtual Preload Page in the browser and voila...it installed perfectly. Moved on to VCAST Song ID next and the 907 error pops up again. Tried cleaning out the browser cache and reloading, but the same thing happened again. Tried one more time and cleared the browser cache and voila again...installed perfectly.

Now both apps are working fine and I can say I am fully satisfied with 7.1.

I'm no BB programing expert, but perhaps there was some residual programming "stuff" from these apps that were left behind from 7.0 during the install of 7.1?

I'm all happy now. So if anyone runs into the same issue as I did with the 7.1 upgrade, clear the browser cache before you reload the apps for the apps that go through the BB virtual pre-load page in the browser like the VZW native apps.
    01-18-12 12:32 AM
    Spent some time tinkering around again tonight to get my "My Verizon" and "VCAST Song ID" apps to install. Did a net search and found an old thread on the BB support forums from 2008 on the same issue: 907 Invalid COD. Recommendation there was to clear the browser cache...

Fired up the browser and opened options, selected everything under "Clear Browsing Data" as recommended on the thread: Passwords, History, Cookies, Cache, Pushed Content and Download List.

Next, selected the icon for the My Verizon app, selected install from the BB Virtual Preload Page in the browser and voila...it installed perfectly. Moved on to VCAST Song ID next and the 907 error pops up again. Tried cleaning out the browser cache and reloading, but the same thing happened again. Tried one more time and cleared the browser cache and voila again...installed perfectly.

Now both apps are working fine and I can say I am fully satisfied with 7.1.

I'm no BB programing expert, but perhaps there was some residual programming "stuff" from these apps that were left behind from 7.0 during the install of 7.1?

I'm all happy now. So if anyone runs into the same issue as I did with the 7.1 upgrade, clear the browser cache before you reload the apps for the apps that go through the BB virtual pre-load page in the browser like the VZW native apps.

Nice find. Glad it worked out for you.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-18-12 01:12 AM
    I had no problems for about 2-3 days. Then 3-4 days where I would get some error popup every time I checked my phone. Then today it was constantly popping up so that when I closed one, another one was already opened. Then the app error 603 came up. Eventually I was able to load an older OS on it after several failed attempts where I got the white screen 603 error. Won't be touching that version anytime soon.
    01-18-12 01:50 AM
    I've been having nothing but problem since upgrading via DM. My phone worked perfectly prior to to updating. Now my bluetooth works spotty and after I make or receive a call I cant make or receive another call till I do a battery pull. It will connect and place the call, but I cant hear anything and the person on the other end can hear anything.
    01-18-12 01:20 PM
    Should be called a POS upgrade lol

It wont detect my bluetooth after I upgraded. That is kind of important for talking on the phone...after all it is a Phone first.

I was forced to do the upgrade in the first place because it got stuck in a reset mode so it was my only choice.
    01-18-12 02:02 PM
    no more bis connection after updated to 7.1, even making a downgrading.
    01-18-12 02:08 PM
    Should be called a POS upgrade lol

It wont detect my bluetooth after I upgraded. That is kind of important for talking on the phone...after all it is a Phone first.

I was forced to do the upgrade in the first place because it got stuck in a reset mode so it was my only choice.
    Obviously you tried to pair them together again right?

no more bis connection after updated to 7.1, even making a downgrading.
    Did you go to your email settings and validate your email address(s)? You can also try: Verizon BIS.
    Last edited by dustanh; 01-18-12 at 05:04 PM.
    01-18-12 05:01 PM
    i cant validate the email because i have no bis connection anymore, im using a unlocked 9930 at Brazil. here ita a unnoficial phone so im having problem getting oficial support.
    01-18-12 05:40 PM
    When you do an upgrade, it's like restoring the phone in Factory setting.
    having said that, you need to pair ALL your bluetooth connections AGAIN.
    you need to re enter all the registration keys for most of your purchases like BeBuzz, Berry Weather etc.
    Comparing it to iOS which i also have, the update is more fluid.
    So far, everything works ok except for the battery meter. it takes seconds to go from 100/99+ to 92.
    But overall the performance of the battery is the same. it lasts me a whole day.
    01-18-12 05:47 PM
    you need to re enter all the registration keys for most of your purchases like BeBuzz, Berry Weather etc.
    So far, everything works ok except for the battery meter. it takes seconds to go from 100/99+ to 92.
    But overall the performance of the battery is the same. it lasts me a whole day.
    When you do a restore, your bluetooth should work. I have switched devices and wiped/reloaded OS's and have never had to pair my bluetooth again.
    01-18-12 05:55 PM
    From my experience, that is incorrect. My bluetooth and PB were connected via bluetooth after both upgrade and downgrade without having to reconnect them.

The registering for app part is true though. Had to register everything again after upgrading and downgrading.
    01-18-12 09:37 PM
    I'm having trouble upgrading my 9930 to 7.1 on VZW as I am getting stuck in the backup at the "Social Feeds." Gets stuck here and says device is disconnected.

Any ways around this to upgrade?
    01-19-12 02:09 PM
    I'm having trouble upgrading my 9930 to 7.1 on VZW as I am getting stuck in the backup at the "Social Feeds." Gets stuck here and says device is disconnected.

Any ways around this to upgrade?
    You must be doing OTA? I'd use the DM or app loader on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 02:50 PM
    I lost the use of my touch screen have been on the phone with BB ( sent there by VZ) They have worked on it for about 4 hours with no answers. Recommened a down grade to 7.0 which hase it's own issues so I'm stuck
    I had the same problem and called Verizon. Their tech support went through wiping the os, reloading the new; whiping the os again and reloading an older version - nothing helped the touch screen. So the Asuron send me a new phone and after I downloaded the 7.1, started to do the same thing, but I'm going to ignore it.
    01-19-12 04:18 PM
    I had the same problem and called Verizon. Their tech support went through wiping the os, reloading the new; whiping the os again and reloading an older version - nothing helped the touch screen. So the Asuron send me a new phone and after I downloaded the 7.1, started to do the same thing, but I'm going to ignore it.
    Could it be one of your apps? Have you tried using it bareboned?
    tbrown1576 likes this.
    01-19-12 05:17 PM
    Upgraded to OS 7.1 last weekend, only problems are with bluetooth stereo headset. Turn on headset then my Radio app, radio play very poppy. Turn off headset and turn back on might fixit, if not repeat. Also noticed that bluetooth range is way done can barely walk around cornerwithout loosing reception, use to be able to walk 20-30 yds away and still get reception. Have deleted headset and repaired problem still exist. Hope to find a fix, I use the headset about 1.5 - 2 hours every morning. Any ideas or suggestions?
    01-19-12 07:03 PM
    You must be doing OTA? I'd use the DM or app loader on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

No I'm doing it through DM on my Mac. Even if I try and backup my 9930 through DM it gets stuck on Social Feeds there also. Anyone ideas how to get around this?
    01-19-12 07:15 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD