O.k. so i looked at my phone and there was the update for OS 7.1. After about 2 1/2 hours, cause i did it OTA.The problem is, when i tried to update some programs in appworld, after waiting about ten minutes, the upgrade never finished going thru. I did this several times and keep getting the same problem. Anyone having this problem and are there any suggestions?
    01-15-12 09:13 PM
    I have read somewhere, that after doing a OS update a couple of battery pulls may be necessary to get the new OS to settle in, say maybe an hour apart. I am not using the Bold so I have not had the softwear update problem. I recently did a update on my girlfriends 9810 but I used the desktop software to do it. Good luck to ya.
    01-15-12 09:24 PM
    I have read somewhere, that after doing a OS update a couple of battery pulls may be necessary to get the new OS to settle in, say maybe an hour apart. I am not using the Bold so I have not had the softwear update problem. I recently did a update on my girlfriends 9810 but I used the desktop software to do it. Good luck to ya.
    after getting stuck trying to upgrade programs, i had to do a batter pull to get the phone to respond. i decided i'd fully charge and pull battery then and try upgrade.
    01-15-12 09:45 PM
    OTA's are painfully long! Some users have experienced 3-4+ hours from start to finish.

I have wiped and reloaded many times. Using desktop manager or app loader took me only 30 minutes.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    01-15-12 10:02 PM
    got a full charge, finna clear my phone history, open DM and see what happens. post findings later
    01-15-12 11:03 PM
    screw all of this, let's all get iphones.
    01-16-12 12:41 AM
    screw all of this, let's all get iphones.
    Have fun with that.
    01-16-12 12:50 AM
    I have had no problems with 7.1.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-16-12 02:44 AM
    Did an OTA upgrade on my 9930. Took a while. But no issues. Runs nicely. Same good battery life I had before.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-16-12 03:37 AM
    So far so good on my 9930 - OTA took a while and BB App World is always crazy so having it refuse an update would , to me, be normal. Usually I just go back in a few hours and it suddenly works.

I also reboot my device pretty regularly.
    01-16-12 07:25 AM
    Might help to do a refresh in app world.
    01-16-12 08:39 AM
    I lost the use of my touch screen have been on the phone with BB ( sent there by VZ) They have worked on it for about 4 hours with no answers. Recommened a down grade to 7.0 which hase it's own issues so I'm stuck
    01-16-12 09:08 AM
    Just upgraded took about 30mins using DM. Had to reset a couple of settings. So far so good.
    01-16-12 10:05 AM
    I used desktop manager and had no problems. I have a question, the only smartphones I have ever owned have been BB's, when the other platforms update (droid and IOS etc) do you have to take so long to reload all your apps and reset eveything or is it more automatic. Its the one thing I dont look forward to when there is a software update.
    01-16-12 10:26 AM
    I used desktop manager and had no problems. I have a question, the only smartphones I have ever owned have been BB's, when the other platforms update (droid and IOS etc) do you have to take so long to reload all your apps and reset eveything or is it more automatic. Its the one thing I dont look forward to when there is a software update.
    I have experience with a few updates from all other 'App phone' platforms like iOS, Android, and webOS. Apple's iOS 5 is better more seemless no problems, just use the App store and look a the purchases and you can get all your apps you want. I had nothing but problems with all the Android phones I have use. I had a Droid X and after the update, restoring settings and apps was somewhat simple like Apple's iOS. However, the Android update messed up the phone and made it constantly reboot on me so I had to downgrade it. Updating phones just isn't fun
    mralxak likes this.
    01-16-12 11:58 AM
    Yes, I did the verizon upgrade yesterday and now I have email, but no other data. Neither Verizon or Blackberry could figure out what the problem is.
    01-16-12 12:27 PM
    I updated my Verizon 9930 via desktop manager on Saturday and had no problems updating. My only issue with this OS is that the 2 VZW apps preloaded on the handset that I use: "V CAST Song ID" and the "My Verizon" app do not install. The icons are there and selecting them takes you to the BB virtual pre-load page, but from there when you download the app, the download hangs halfway through and an error pops up with 907 invalid COD. So i'm thinking that VZW hasn't updated their apps yet for 7.1 compatibility?

No biggie for me. I can use Shazam versus the VZW song ID app and My Verizon was only used to track data usage which is a non-issue as I still have unlimited data grandfathered in.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-16-12 02:22 PM
    I updated my Verizon 9930 via desktop manager on Saturday and had no problems updating. My only issue with this OS is that the 2 VZW apps preloaded on the handset that I use: "V CAST Song ID" and the "My Verizon" app do not install. The icons are there and selecting them takes you to the BB virtual pre-load page, but from there when you download the app, the download hangs halfway through and an error pops up with 907 invalid COD. So i'm thinking that VZW hasn't updated their apps yet for 7.1 compatibility?

No biggie for me. I can use Shazam versus the VZW song ID app and My Verizon was only used to track data usage which is a non-issue as I still have unlimited data grandfathered in.

My Verizon works for me. Haven't tried VZW song ID. Have you tried a battery pull yet? If so, maybe reload the OS.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-16-12 02:30 PM
    My Verizon works for me. Haven't tried VZW song ID. Have you tried a battery pull yet? If so, maybe reload the OS.
    I've done several battery pulls since installing and it still doesn't work. I don't want to reload the OS either at this point already since everything works fine despite these two apps which are really minor for me anyways. It's not a dealbreaker for me. Other than that, i'm really pleased with 7.1.
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-16-12 03:50 PM
    O.k. so here are the finished results. Waited for DM to do it's thing and it was taking forever for some reason. Wake up this morning and WHAM, phone is done. Happy right, wrong, nothing would work, not trackpad or touchscreen. Pulled battery, took like and hour to reboot, then wouldn't do anything again. did another battery pull and left phone alone for and hour and voila, i have a working phone again. All updates went thru smoothly. been using phone hard all day since about 8am(central time). BBM, web, games texting all that. still have a battery life over 30%. Initial results says 7.1 is a success!!! Thanks for all the help and advice. Crackberry 4 Life. Now we just need Ether to come back!
    01-16-12 04:05 PM
    I've done several battery pulls since installing and it still doesn't work. I don't want to reload the OS either at this point already since everything works fine despite these two apps which are really minor for me anyways. It's not a dealbreaker for me. Other than that, i'm really pleased with 7.1.
    My Verizon and Verizon song ID both work for me. Not sure why it won't for u at all. Good luck to u though hopefully u get them working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 04:48 PM
    Has Verizon released the update on DM yet?
    01-16-12 06:12 PM
    Has Verizon released the update on DM yet?
    Yes, downloaded it today.

BlackBerry� Software Updates
    01-16-12 06:18 PM
    Yes, downloaded it today.

BlackBerry� Software Updates
    Thanks your right 7.1 is now on DM but I am petrified to do it. .374 is working
    fine for the two month Ived own the phone..If its not broken don't fix it.
    I've never felt this way before, I'm freightened i'll blow it up updating.
    01-16-12 08:35 PM
    Yeah I had problems in the first day. But after that first day, everything seems to be running just fine and a little smoother. :-D
    01-16-12 09:15 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD