I have used OEM chargers, LG chargers, Samsung chargers, PB chargers, etc... No issues.

I will offer my opinion on the bricking issue that it is related to a flawed part or board that was used in the first batches to be released. The problem was corrected and I believe RIM is taking the approach of just replacing defective devices as users encounter the problem.

Again completely my opinion...

PG
    11-23-11 06:46 PM
    Lindsey, I'm sorry you had problems. What update was being offered by DTS? What OS version was yours shipped with? I believe my 9900 was shipped with .261, which AT&T is still calling "official". Are you sure it was an OS update, and not an incompatible app?

In any event, still sorry you have had a bad experience with your 9900.
    The 9900 came shipped with .440. And mine has had zero issues and have had since day1. Very pleased with mine. lindsey there is no way that your att 9900 had anything under .440. This is by far my best BB and I have had many! And battery life is very good on .440 also.
    Last edited by Slammer; 11-23-11 at 06:51 PM.
    11-23-11 06:47 PM
    Has anyone else plugged their phone into the DTM and been notified there was an update? It did alert me there was an update. I don't know why it notified me of that because according to other's the phone shipped with the current os from at&t, but I am not making it up that the DTM said there was an os update! I am very confused about this! I don't know why my phone would have been the only one to do this.
    11-23-11 06:48 PM
    Phill_UK and Slammer above are correct, .440 was the AT&T release. The only time DM asked me when I wanted to update was after I downloaded a leaked version, but I always use Apploader to update.
    11-23-11 07:06 PM
    Phill_UK and Slammer above are correct, .440 was the AT&T release. The only time DM asked me when I wanted to update was after I downloaded a leaked version, but I always use Apploader to update.
    Hmm I don't know what happened to my phone then because I had only had the phone for 3 hours and never put a leaked os on it. I have never put a leaked os on any of my phones. I don't even know how to do that. I am so confused as to what happened because there was an update. It was right there on the main screen where it lists the last time you back your phone up, your cell phone number, your pin number and everything. It had a little red star beside it saying there was an os update available. Wow....very confusing! Something happened to my phone that apparently isn't common.....so far at least. I will have to keep up with this thread and see if anyone else experiences anything like I did.
    11-23-11 07:15 PM
    The 9900 came shipped with .440. And mine has had zero issues and have had since day1. Very pleased with mine. lindsey there is no way that your att 9900 had anything under .440. This is by far my best BB and I have had many! And battery life is very good on .440 also.
    I thought the phone was very nice too until it did what it did. I have no idea what happened to the phone! There was an update in the DM. I do not know why there was an update, but there was. Maybe my DM was messed up. I have DM 6. I don't understand what happened. I just know my phone started blinking the red led light after that and wouldn't come back on no matter what I did. Finally I reloaded the os from the DM when it eventually gave me that option and then the phone booted up.
    11-23-11 07:20 PM
    My 9900 was nuked today after the installation of tapatalk - I'm convinced it was the cause of my JVM error.
    11-23-11 08:42 PM
    No issues at all with my AT&T 9900. I love this phone!
    11-23-11 09:36 PM
    Mine started out perfect but is slowly developing a "personality." It randomly switches from BT headset to handset, and will occasionally lock up, requiring a bat pull. This phone is anything but confidence inspiring. I might take it back and go back to my 9800 until something gets resolved.
    11-23-11 10:07 PM
    I updated to 503 the day I got the phone. I love it, but I get hourglassed a lot. I feel like it might be Wireless Sync.

Here are the apps I got on it:
    Podtrapper
    BeBuzz
    BeReader
    Pandora
    Tapatalk
    BB Travel
    Poynt
    ATT Navigator

Thoughts?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-24-11 01:34 AM
    I updated to 503 the day I got the phone. I love it, but I get hourglassed a lot. I feel like it might be Wireless Sync.

Here are the apps I got on it:
    Podtrapper
    BeBuzz
    BeReader
    Pandora
    Tapatalk
    BB Travel
    Poynt
    ATT Navigator

Thoughts?

I would look into ditching att navigator when BB traffic 3.0 comes out. I'm testing it right now and it has turn by turn directions and is a better app overall. Save yourself the 10 bucks
    11-24-11 07:06 AM
    Anyone having any problems yet?

I've never had a bb, but I may be switching over next week.

Thanks for the input.
    11-26-11 02:12 AM
    So....I was loving the hardware but was miserable with the experience because of constant hourglassing. Looking up the state it looked like Wireless Sync was getting usage even though I wasn't using it. I deleted it and wallah this thing rocks now.

11-26-11 02:18 AM
    I'm using a 9810 but just order my 9900 through Amazon and am ready for the 9900 to get here already. I work for the 'company' and keep playing with them in store and ours have not had any issues. Hopefully the one i receive from amazon is in good working order. Has anyone every had any issues with returns on amazon for cell phone?. I know out policy's but read over the amazon part and did not see anything overly complex. Thanks and as always love the forums here.
    11-26-11 08:43 PM
    No problems here. I came running back after a very breif fling with a SGS2. I did go ahead with the update on DTM, my version is still 7.0.0.440. I'm woundering if the platform changed 5.0.0.610. Running very nicely now for a week. Couldn't say a enough good things about this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andmcdon likes this.
    11-26-11 09:34 PM
    Thanks guys,

Will get my first BB next Thursday as long as there aren't a bevy of posts about AT&T 9900's malfunctioning.

Just so y'all know, I'm switching after 4 years with iOS and android. I've grown tired of feeling like my phone is a toy; as well as the on-screen/Swype keyboards.
    11-26-11 10:28 PM
    Thanks guys,

Will get my first BB next Thursday as long as there aren't a bevy of posts about AT&T 9900's malfunctioning.

Just so y'all know, I'm switching after 4 years with iOS and android. I've grown tired of feeling like my phone is a toy; as well as the on-screen/Swype keyboards.
    Awesome! I'll be the first to welcome you to our [humble] club.
    11-26-11 10:38 PM
    Been running to stock OS since the day it came out. No issues at all.
    11-26-11 11:48 PM
    Also been rocking the 9900 with the stock OS since the 17th of this month, no issues, did originally have some battery drain issues, but think I ironed that out to an App I had installed that I never was running before (Fixmo Tools) and the battery being used for the first few cycles. Getting about 18 hours now, and never had the phone brick.
    11-27-11 01:33 AM
    Thanks guys,

I feel ya. I've got a history of bouncing back and forth from BB to iPhone...and am getting "bored" with the same thing you are. I only have a few apps I use on even a semi-daily basis...and they are mostly all communication-based.

I am knocking around some thinking about trying BB again, with the 9900...or maybe the 9790.

Glad to hear no huge glitches with AT&T 9900...although the battery life concerns me.
    11-27-11 08:33 AM
    ive had to replace mine as well.... worst bb i have ever had!!!
    11-27-11 08:54 AM
    ive had to replace mine as well.... worst bb i have ever had!!!
    (Edit: saw your other post)

For all folks posting here who have had problems, it would be really, really helpful if you could provide:
    - When you purchased your 9900
    - What OS you're running
    - What apps you have installed (if possible - understandably difficult if your phone is completely bricked)
    - What were the symptoms the phone displayed (i.e., white screen, random reboots, constant reboot cycle, nuked but recovered, or totally bricked)
    - What were you doing when these symptoms appeared? (i.e., were you in an app doing something, or did it die overnight on the charger?)
    - Were you able to recover it yourself (and how), or did/do you have to get it replaced?

I completely understand how frustrating a non-functioning phone is (I've had a few in my day); but please, for the sake of trying to understand any trends or commonalities, try to keep these posts in this thread factual, and save the rants for other threads.

For the record: three weeks with the phone as of today, running .540 for 11 days, zero issues; phone has been just about perfect. Only reboots have been due to app upgrades or deletes. Since 5:40 AM yesterday, my hourly battery discharge rate is 1.1%.
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 11-27-11 at 09:29 AM.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-27-11 09:20 AM
    I've had my AT&T 9900 since release day.

First thing I did was installing .474, even before setting up the phone and installing apps. That OS seemed to run well, without any problems what-so-ever.

When going to .503...what a mistake! Operations were snappy, but I got the dreaded rebooting issue. That was very disconcerting! I only stuck with this OS for a day.

As soon as .540 was released officially, I upgraded to that OS...and have been pleased. I haven't had ANY issues since, even with multiple apps...VVM and help files removed. Now this is the user experience that RIM intended.

The 9900 is by far the best BB ever. Elegant, spacious, sophisticated...certainly not a novelty toy like that of the evil empire!
    11-27-11 10:27 AM
    First sign of trouble ... plugged the 9900 in last night before going to bed. I leave it in the holster when plugging in, but I did notice the clock come on, so I thought all was normal. This morning on my way out the door I unplugged it and saw that it hadn't charged all night .. was sitting at 19% battery. Got into work and plugged it in bere and got the 'charger cannot charge this device' message. Did a soft boot and it's now charging again. But of course I'm now wondering if this was a one-time hiccup or a bad sign of things to come. I'm running .540 and haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary. All OS7-compatible apps installed. One thing I did notice is that after what was a very good weekend battery-wise (went two full days without a charge and still had over 30% left), the last two days the battery has been dropping unusually fast, like 7-8% per hour doing not much of anything.

I'll leave it plugged in now and make sure it gets a full charge then keep a close eye on it the next few days, but needless to say I'm a bit concerned now, and sure glad that I haven't unloaded the 9810 yet (mega thank-you Qubie for that bit of advice!).
    11-30-11 09:19 AM
    So far mine is only seeing a few minor foibles. Battery life is great, call quality is great. It's still a BB though, so the browser is only a tease, RDM is still a joke, I do a daily battery pull prophylactically, etc. Nothing really new, just a 9000 with some memory and a few gimmicks. Hard to complain when that is what I wanted. It invokes fewer bouts of Tourette's than my 9800 did, mostly because the trackpad is more consistent. One thing though. Based on the outward evidence of build quality such as the crooked trackpad and the backlighting LED diffusers that don't quite diffuse, I have my suspicions ATT sold me a cheap Chinese knock-off.
    11-30-11 10:09 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD