09-12-11 04:33 PM
41 12
tools
    I was having a hard time trying to justify paying to upgrade early from my 9780 to the 9900... until I started using it. No regrets. Well worth every penny.
    In fact I can't remember ever being so satisfied with a new phone purchase.
    09-11-11 06:58 PM
    I seriously love this phone. i have no regrets at all. Get it!
    09-11-11 07:05 PM
    No regrets at all! updating from a curve 8350 and i am amazed at os7 every day! also the person at the store messed up and ordered me the new torch cause i said touch screen. So i got to try both devices! Torch is solid but my bold is ten times faster plus i can't operate without a keyboard!!!
    09-11-11 07:11 PM
    I went and looked at the 9850 today and by far the feel and the keyboard of this phone kept me from switching. I can't get over how nice of a device this is. I just hope others that are having issues with theirs get it straighten out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 07:23 PM
    the first few days were kinda rough, poor battery life. but that's smoothed it's self out nicely. no regrets here

09-11-11 07:42 PM
    If anyone had any regrets I'd have to question why they didn't return the device and exchange it, lol.
    09-11-11 08:22 PM
    No regrets at all. Dumped my iPhone 4 and Motorola Atrix. Couldn't be happier. Extremely pleased.
    09-11-11 08:30 PM
    No regrets at all. Dumped my iPhone 4 and Motorola Atrix. Couldn't be happier. Extremely pleased.
    dumping my DX which is outdated, I know, but has been awesome..I hope my experience falls along the lines of yours.
    09-11-11 08:35 PM
    Soon every top business exec, celebrity, and their mom will have this Blackberry. It will monopolize the the Blackberry world. The reason being is it has that look the iconic Blackberry look of what you think of when you hear Blackberry.

oh and to answer the question no regrets here lol.
    09-11-11 10:21 PM
    im getting excited for getting this phone, i have the 9650 now...the only thing keeping me from getting this right now is the fact that my bold is still working and it gets decent battery life...something i hear this new bold has a little trouble with...i also feel like the first few months of a brand new bb has a lot of hardware issues (i saw one thread talking about a crooked/off-center trackpad?). maybe ill wait until it goes on sale or something? is it really that great? i played with one in the store and it seemed nice.
    09-11-11 11:09 PM
    im getting excited for getting this phone, i have the 9650 now...the only thing keeping me from getting this right now is the fact that my bold is still working and it gets decent battery life...something i hear this new bold has a little trouble with...i also feel like the first few months of a brand new bb has a lot of hardware issues (i saw one thread talking about a crooked/off-center trackpad?). maybe ill wait until it goes on sale or something? is it really that great? i played with one in the store and it seemed nice.

Just make sure to test the keyboard backlight, some are stupidly dim, others are good. (Took me 4 before I found a 9900 with a strong keyboard light)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    boman06210 likes this.
    09-11-11 11:35 PM
    THis thread and what we see on the Torch is going to make my "next phone" decision tough. I'm just waiting for Vzn to get the Torch in and then do some hands-on testing vs the Bold 9900. In the meantime - new users on both phones are very happy from what i see. Tough choice - but that's good for BB.
    09-12-11 12:02 AM
    I've been back and forth between Blackberry and Android devices but always end up missing the Blackberry. Now I'm on the fence about paying full price for a 9930 since I used my upgrade for a Nexus back in May. The only thing holding me back is the thought of the QNX Colt coming early next year and making BBOS7 devices obsolete. Any thoughts on this from Bold purchasers?

I totally understand your dilemma about buying the 9900/9930 a year before the new OS comes out but I bought the 9900 last week and can't imagine getting by right now with my 9800. This phone is amazing and when the QNX OS releases next year I will check them out but I can't imagine not still loving this phone still. I will probably wait for RIM to work the bugs out with QNX and perhaps buy a phone from the 2nd batch. I suggest you go ahead and buy the 9930, you won't regret it.
    09-12-11 12:06 AM
    If anyone had any regrets I'd have to question why they didn't return the device and exchange it, lol.
    I did. The width wasn't made for my small hands,so got the 9900 replaced with a torch2.
    09-12-11 03:26 AM
    Overall I love the 9930. The only nagging gripe I have with the phone is how familiar OS7 feels and that there wasn't that much of an upgrade from OS6. The upgraded hardware makes the current OS much more usable, but it would have been a much more gratifying experience if there was some excitement of something all new. QNX is around the corner ... yes yes ... some ol' RIM tactics. 9930 today 9960 tomorrow with the capability to run QNX and have an autofocus camera with NO OTHER CHANGES to form factor (aside from the Colt).

Tour ---> Bold
    Storm ---> Storm 2
    9700 ---> 9780 --->9790 (maybe)
    Torch ---> Torch 2

Does anyone else see any validity to this theory?

Also, as far as Verizon goes. This is a Flagship Blackberry device that they saw fit to price at $250.00 with a contract. Yet, at that premium they couldn't see fit to include a MicroSD card or a wired headset? Oh wait ... they give you a piece of cloth to wipe yourself with ... F U Verizon.
    09-12-11 10:40 AM
  16. Steve
    Wish I had bought a bold instead of a torch!
    09-12-11 04:33 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD