Now that I have found out what most of my battery problems were, I am much happier with my 9900. I have never had any regrets though.
    09-05-11 11:36 AM
    Yeah.. The fact I ever left BB! Stupid mistake! But I'm back and loving the 9900!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 11:44 AM
    I have never had any regrets though.
    I try to live my life like that.
    09-05-11 12:30 PM
    When you look at the number of problems I think you will find that there are not a ton of complaints piling in.

This is true but the phone just came out and ATT doesn't have it yet..

James
    09-05-11 12:41 PM
    I love mine. It's a huge jump from the 9630/9650. No regrets.
    john dunbar likes this.
    09-05-11 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure yet. It's fast most of the time, but then it lags and the battery is awful. Trouble is, there are no good alternatives for those who need a keyboard. Maybe I need to start rebooting this phone every night.
    09-05-11 12:58 PM
    I'm not sure yet. It's fast most of the time, but then it lags and the battery is awful. Trouble is, there are no good alternatives for those who need a keyboard. Maybe I need to start rebooting this phone every night.
    I would say within a short while official os releases will fix some of these issues. That is if you are not comfortable using a leaked os.....
    09-05-11 02:00 PM
    When you switched devices did you switch the apps over too? Many apps haven't been updated to os7.

On the switch device wizard you should deselect 3rd party apps option and just instal the apps back one at a time.

lag is usually software incompatibility related.
    09-05-11 02:00 PM
    When you switched devices did you switch the apps over too? Many apps haven't been updated to os7.

On the switch device wizard you should deselect 3rd party apps option and just instal the apps back one at a time.

lag is usually software incompatibility related.
    In my case I'm pretty sure it's the browser. I posted a screenshot showing browser memory udage on my phone. After some time it grows to 140-200mb, and that's probably the reason for lags. It takes up memory reserves.

There's no way to clear the memory leak other than a reboot. It's frustrating to still have to deal with this on this phone, but fortunately reboots are quick. I'm running 353, but it was an upgrade via DM. I'm considering a shrink and clean install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 02:15 PM
    I have absolutely no regrets at all, but I do hate having to put it down. I like this much more than my Evo for so many reasons. I think the 9930 is the best phone available.
    09-05-11 02:47 PM
    No regrets whatsoever. And that's coming from a 9780.
    If you are upgrading from a 9650, it's gonna blow your mind.
    09-05-11 10:07 PM
    Thank you for serving our country!!!!!!!!!!
    09-06-11 12:47 AM
    I'm in the same boat with the OP but i had a second question is it worth buying the 9900/9930 now or waiting until a QNX BB comes out next year. I'd be leaving my droid x as my main phone. if that matters
    thanks
    09-06-11 02:21 AM
    uhmm its pretty much sold out everywhere which i think is a good sign..

everywhere except at att.. my carrier.. awesome

\sarcasm
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-06-11 12:29 PM
    The blackberry 9930 is the perfect feeling in my hand. Camera works just fine for me for average pictures. The weight is perfect, the keypad is perfect, I love that the numbers are bigger. The pad instead of a rollerball is amazing. This device even with a cover on fits perfectly in my hand--- everything is great except I can't get over how slow the operating system is. As of day 4, I began experiencing the ever-famous "hourglass" issue. The screen will freeze doing the most basic of tasks. I can't get over it especially when compared side by side with the response of a droid phone. My love of this phone however has been the key board - WAY better than a typical BB key board. Droid's can't cut it in that department, so I don't know whether to switch to the droid or not. If I could just have this phone, but with a more responsive operating system, I would be so happy --- but I can't stand the little timer popping up all day long whenever you are trying to navigate through your menus, or if 2 text messages appear at the same time, or if you hit a button 2x in a row on accident. It's like the phone's capabilities are so limited that it can't understand. Like the user below, I'm not sure I'll be sticking with BB, and its a damn shame because this 9930 wasn't supposed to have the same hourglass issue that BB's are known for.

I'm a Droid X and iPhone 4 user. This BB9930 is my first BB and my last. Lack of quality apps (if they even exist) is a major issue for me since I use quite a few apps on the X and iPhone 4. I don't see RIM really giving a crap when QNX comes out and they just get the Android Market and let Android developers deal with BB. I'm just waiting for either Droid Bionic, Droid Prime, or iPhone 5 to see what I want to switch to most. This'll be on EBay relatively soon!
    09-06-11 01:22 PM
    I love mine. I had a Storm 1 from the day it came out (I think I may be the only person on the planet who never had any problems with it) until the 9930 came out. I'll be interested in the QNX phones when they have one with a keyboard that's as good. I'd never want to go back to just touchscreen. I think the apps questions is one of the most individual -- I don't need or want many, although I suspect there will be lots out there pretty soon.
    09-06-11 05:09 PM
    There's no better phone out there right now. Period. Enough said.
    09-06-11 06:41 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD