I don't really see how that is, but felt it was worth the $2 to try. I feel if it gives me 2 more hours than its worth $2. If not that, well, it's only $2.

Anyway, why would that be? I keep seeing the " slower charge" but how does that work?

I guess I "bought" in to it.
    12-25-11 09:57 PM
    Google it.

A slower charge will result in longer battery life.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-25-11 11:31 PM
    Google it.

A slower charge will result in longer battery life.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Good. But is there any proof the Nokia charger does this? Or is it just believed by the ones that have the charger?

I don't know, so I am not trying to come off in a condescending way if I am? I truly don't know the answer. I bought one with hopes....
    12-25-11 11:44 PM
    Charging from USB is even better since output is only 500mA.

If you can access the engineering screen, you can set it to always force USB 500 to charge at 500mA regardless of the charger you are using. I love it!! If you need to charge faster, you can set to Force AC to charge faster.

Even on laptop that doesn't support Always On USB, this neat trick will force it to charge your phone even when your laptop is on suspend mode.

- Charles
    12-26-11 02:27 AM
    in my car i use to use bb car charger but got no wer with that so i bought an HTC cc c200 car charger and that worked great they also cheaper only lik 3.50 for originals
    12-26-11 05:14 AM
    Which nokia charger do you recommend, could you give a link please?
    12-26-11 05:29 AM
    you can buy HTC CC C200 Car Charger or The Nokia DC-6 Car Charger but i use HTC and works great i bought mine from

HTC CC C200 Micro USB Car Charger - UK MOBILE STORE
    12-26-11 06:21 AM
    using the slower charge method, i have noticed that i get 3 more hours of battery life

might be mind over matter

but if i use the standard charger, by noon i'm at 50 % or thereabouts, using the slow charge, at noon i'm at about 75 - 80%
    12-26-11 07:02 AM
    I have a faster charging Nokia charger it gives me battery life also..
    Awkward
    12-26-11 07:59 AM
    snake oil anyone?
    12-26-11 08:58 AM
    snake oil anyone?
    Well I am no salesman, but the theory could totally be.
    I have read several hear that believe their Nokia charger helped battery life and I have wondered why. I too kind of think it's a placebo, but for a few bucks I'm willing to find out.
    12-26-11 09:03 AM
    I've been noticing much improved (25-35% better) battery life with the Nokia charger when I charge a depleted battery (10 to 20% left) overnight. Now my phone lasts the entire day, where with the stock charger, it didn't. It's not imagined. I don't know why it works, but it does. I was looking for things I could do to improve the battery performance, and I read somewhere on Crackberry an article written by one of the experts where they said to try this particular charger. It works for me. YMMV. Good luck!
    12-26-11 09:16 PM
    12-26-11 09:30 PM
    I'm one of those "a charger is a charger" guys. I use 4. They range from 500 to 1000ma. No difference in battery life.
    12-26-11 10:04 PM
    I just ordered mine. I will let you guys know if it lowers the discharge rate.
    12-26-11 10:33 PM
    Good copy and paste job - you know how to use the copy and paste commands, however, you have proved nothing. Last time I checked, RIM used a charger that fullt charged the battery, not a simplified "charge and run" technique. Maybe that 2$ Nokia charger charges your battery that way!

You should quit now, so you don't look like more of an azz here than you already do. I'm showing you mercy here, take my offer and run - run far away...maybe back to class...where you might learn something (might).
    12-27-11 07:36 AM
    Good copy and paste job - you know how to use the copy and paste commands, however, you have proved nothing. Last time I checked, RIM used a charger that fullt charged the battery, not a simplified "charge and run" technique. Maybe that 2$ Nokia charger charges your battery that way!

You should quit now, so you don't look like more of an azz here than you already do. I'm showing you mercy here, take my offer and run - run far away...maybe back to class...where you might learn something (might).
    Spike12 makes one fatal error. He forgets that the plug-in charger for a cellular is NOT a true charger, it is a power supply. The charge control circuits are embedded in the phone and battery pack, and the wall charger or USB is simply a source of energy at a suitable voltage and maximum current rating.

USB standard rating is 5v @ 500mA. Most phone "chargers" are rated at 500-700mA output. Assuming the rating is correct and not sales-speak this means they will maintain rated voltage (usually 5v) if the current drawn is less than rating. The charging current is actually controlled by the phone-battery combination - again usually 5-700mA maximum. If an over-rated suply is used the phone will still only take what it needs and ignore the excess capacity (think like a Ferrari driven in city traffic). If an under-rated supply is used the phone will try to take more current than the supply can provide, and the output voltage will either sag below 5v, or the supply will go into short-circuit protection mode and shut down. If the phone is a BlackBerry it will usually detect an under rated charger from the low voltage/current and display a failure message.
    12-27-11 08:45 AM
    snake oil anyone?
    +1

10 char
    12-27-11 08:55 AM
  19. T
    Spike12 makes one fatal error. He forgets that the plug-in charger for a cellular is NOT a true charger, it is a power supply. The charge control circuits are embedded in the phone and battery pack, and the wall charger or USB is simply a source of energy at a suitable voltage and maximum current rating.

USB standard rating is 5v @ 500mA. Most phone "chargers" are rated at 500-700mA output. Assuming the rating is correct and not sales-speak this means they will maintain rated voltage (usually 5v) if the current drawn is less than rating. The charging current is actually controlled by the phone-battery combination - again usually 5-700mA maximum. If an over-rated suply is used the phone will still only take what it needs and ignore the excess capacity (think like a Ferrari driven in city traffic). If an under-rated supply is used the phone will try to take more current than the supply can provide, and the output voltage will either sag below 5v, or the supply will go into short-circuit protection mode and shut down. If the phone is a BlackBerry it will usually detect an under rated charger from the low voltage/current and display a failure message.
    Good info, but if the power supply is underpowered, the phone would be limited in what it can draw, regardless of what it wants to draw, and the result would be a slower charge, right?
    12-27-11 09:09 AM
    Good info, but if the power supply is underpowered, the phone would be limited in what it can draw, regardless of what it wants to draw, and the result would be a slower charge, right?
    It would charge slower than an optimum powered charger, but the phone would still consume at the same rate, regardless of the way the battery was charged. Ergo, a fully charged battery is a fully charged battery, no matter how short/long a time period it took to achieve it.
    12-27-11 10:30 AM
    Depends how the phone's circuits are set up. If it is voltage regulated and the phone can draw the required voltage at lower current it will charge slower than usual. If it tries to draw expected current and the charge voltage drops it will either not charge at all, or will only charge to reduced level.
    12-27-11 10:47 AM
    Good. But is there any proof the Nokia charger does this? Or is it just believed by the ones that have the charger?

I don't know, so I am not trying to come off in a condescending way if I am? I truly don't know the answer. I bought one with hopes....
    Have you been using the Nokia charger? Is it giving you better battery life?
    12-28-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD