The BB voice dialing is really not helpful at all for non- American. All the people around the world , who can not pronounce like American English, can not use this feature.

Some years ago, I used to have a windows mobile, who usually have a great program back then, when you can record names ( in any language) for any contact you like, then you call that contact with the name recorded, and here you go.
    Usually one needs only tens of his contact to dial this way, so, it was a great program.
    I guess there is a similar program for iPhone, where you can train it to understand your "native English" making it also easier to voice dial.

Any program with the above feature can be found for BB9900 ?

Thanks for any input.
    01-30-12 04:58 AM
    The BB voice dialing is really not helpful at all for non- American. All the people around the world , who can not pronounce like American English, can not use this feature.

Some years ago, I used to have a windows mobile, who usually have a great program back then, when you can record names ( in any language) for any contact you like, then you call that contact with the name recorded, and here you go.
    Usually one needs only tens of his contact to dial this way, so, it was a great program.
    I guess there is a similar program for iPhone, where you can train it to understand your "native English" making it also easier to voice dial.

Any program with the above feature can be found for BB9900 ?

Thanks for any input.
    Try this: got to Options on the home page, select Call Management, then Voice Dialing. In there, you should find Voice Adaptation, which when you go through that, it may help the program learn your accent.
    m.seif likes this.
    01-30-12 08:18 AM
    My American accent is rubbish too, but I can still use this feature. I just change the Voice Dialling language setting to English UK and it works fine.

I don't know what your English accent is like, but if the above poster's suggestion doesn't work, give it a try.

01-30-12 08:49 AM
    My American accent is rubbish too, but I can still use this feature. I just change the Voice Dialling language setting to English UK and it works fine.

I don't know what your English accent is like, but if the above poster's suggestion doesn't work, give it a try.

Click to view quoted image
    Thank you Phill. My English is neither American nor UK. Am Egyptian , so we have something different. It is not very far though like other countries, but it is still different than those 2 accents.
    01-30-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD