Actually it's not Rogers. Rogers is a year out as they are getting their banking licence and thats not scheduled to be complted till next year. And other who are using a sticker type thing is not true mobile banking. There is no security with that. You may as well put sticky tape to the back of your phone with your existing Paypass/Paywave card and it's the same thing.

True mobile banking has real time pairing of the credit card or payment type with the phone and can be blown away just as easy. Also it will give you realtime balance updates and use the GPS to push offers to your phone when you go places. There is a lot of exciting stuff on it's way.

BTW after my status meeting yesterday it looks like we are delayed till March for public launch and Dec for our trials.

Most vendors here in North America are not ready yet with their API's to talk to RIM. (RIM keeps changing them on the fly on us)
    If I start guessing will you tell me if I am correct?

I'll start with the first question. Does the comany you are working with going to be in a Large Midwestern city this weekend showing a LARGE group of end users your products and services?
    09-28-11 12:24 PM
    Screw the NDA. It's Rogers, and it's no secret. Should be up and running by next year as long as Revenue Canada lets it slide.

Zoompass is also in Beta trials for NFC capability.

EDIT to clarify. Zoompass NFC has been in trials for almost a year now using a 'sticker' that is placed on handsets. The latest trial incorporates NFC capable devices. For those of you that don't know what Zoompass is, visit www.zoompass.com.

max
    Figures not available on the Bold 99xx

Free Zoompass - Download Zoompass - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    09-28-11 12:31 PM
    Seems Matercard is in a PayPass limited mobile trial now
    Using Your Phone | MasterCard�
    09-28-11 12:40 PM
    So the terminal i just posted above is NFC compatible? im talking about the current paypass system, not the google wallet thing
    Paypass terminals use NFC technology and Google wallet is just an app for your phone which stores information

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 01:48 PM
    Seems Matercard is in a PayPass limited mobile trial now
    Using Your Phone*| MasterCard�
    Ya if you go to the site you can find retailers, services, etc. near you that have PayPass. I had NO IDEA all the places around me that had PayPass. Tim Hortons, MCdonalds, Dairy Queen, Sobeys, NSLC (Nova Scotia, Canada), Petro Canada gas stations, Ultramar and so on. So once I guess ZoomPass is compatible with 9900 it will be good to go
    Last edited by Hi Tek; 09-28-11 at 02:04 PM.
    09-28-11 02:00 PM
    NFC has 3 modes:
    1- Peer 2 peer (between 2 active NFC devices)
    2- Reader/Writer (BB reads or writes to NFC tags)
    3- Card Emulation (BB emulates a tag or card)

Payment uses Card Emulation mode but it needs a lot of other things before you can use it for payment. It needs a wallet app on your device that talks to the secure chip that holds your cards (SIM or the embedded secure element or micro SD card).

NFC is compatible with ISO standards that Paypass, Visa, AMEx are based on. So the same readers that are deployed today for those 3 can also accept your BB emulating a MasterCard, Visa or AmEx card.
    But again, you need the infrastructure to download your credit card to the secure chip on your 9900/9930.
    That is the part that is missing.

However, I don't think that anything is missing for you to use mode 2 (Reader/Writer) of the NFC.
    Mode 2 works with many tag types, one of them being mifare ultralight.
    You can order mifare ultralight tags from companies in many countries including US, Canada, UK.
    09-28-11 04:27 PM
    Paypass terminals use NFC technology and Google wallet is just an app for your phone which stores information

Nice! That's what I was thinking too! So we are already set, all we need now is Rim E-wallet!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-28-11 07:33 PM
    Nice! That's what I was thinking too! So we are already set, all we need now is Rim E-wallet!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    RIM already has a wallet app today. (Unreleased) But it is not as robust and Financial institutions want to use their own apps for a better User Experience. So Rim is trying to build a lite version that developers can tap into with their own wallet app. For financial institutions it's all about combining the mobile banking experience with payments. Also rewards and offers. RIM's current wallet won't allow for that and they won't open the code to intergration at the start. So RIM is making a lighter version that can integrate and then talk to the secure elements of the phone and servers without issue.
    09-29-11 08:28 AM
    Aite, Isis, Google and VeriFone are having a public discussion this week. Together they are speaking with store owners and other related people involved in the future mobile payments. Probably going to discus which mobile payment system will be the winner.

I had a change in plans so I will not be there but if I find any information I will pass it along.
    10-02-11 10:36 AM
    BMO has a little NFC sticker that can be put on your phone in order to use it but no mobile support as of yet.

10-02-11 11:49 AM
    BMO has a little NFC sticker that can be put on your phone in order to use it but no mobile support as of yet.

That's stupid!! Mind as well take your actual credit card and tape it on the back of your phone LoL

Sent from my bold 9900
    10-02-11 12:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD