Can anyone snap some photos of 8x11 documents?...or does anyone have some samples?

I've googled, but can't find any samples of a 9900/9930 close up photographs.

I understand that you can't get truly "macro" out of the camera given it's lack of autofocus.... but by pulling the camera further away, can you still get a clearly legible photo of the document?

I use my 9650, very often, as a "scanner" or as a xerox machine of sorts (and it does the job absolutely perfectly).... and these digitized documents can then be email to whomever needs them.

So is this impossible with the 9900 series?
    11-29-11 06:42 PM
    Lol never this is the worse cam u can find on cell phone , it's like the bold 9000 ! I use cams a lot but 9900 is not a camera phone , just made for distance pics . Useless camera
    11-29-11 07:49 PM
    Can anyone snap some photos of 8x11 documents?...or does anyone have some samples?

I've googled, but can't find any samples of a 9900/9930 close up photographs.

I understand that you can't get truly "macro" out of the camera given it's lack of autofocus.... but by pulling the camera further away, can you still get a clearly legible photo of the document?

I use my 9650, very often, as a "scanner" or as a xerox machine of sorts (and it does the job absolutely perfectly).... and these digitized documents can then be email to whomever needs them.

So is this impossible with the 9900 series?
    Check out the photo in this post, and then get a coffee and read the whole thread. It's very informative.

The short answer is, contrary to popular belief, it is possible to take clear close-up document photos with the 9900 camera. You pull back, use zoom to achieve a close-up image, and use the flash. There are enough examples in that thread to prove that it can be done.

It's not a "Fisher-Price" camera, and it's not "useless". You just have to know what you're doing.
    11-29-11 08:31 PM
    I can tell you close up doesn't work well with the 9900, my iPod can do a better job.
    11-30-11 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD