Any ideas as to why NFC may be disabled on ATT?

This is an opinion thread. NFC has a lot of advantages and uses. How could AT&T possibly benefit from disabling the NFC features?
    08-13-11 11:23 AM
    This is a rumor at this point. And if they do (which I doubt), simply install another carriers OS - official or leaked.
    08-13-11 11:40 AM
    ATT hasn't yet decided on a pricing scheme for activating this feature ;-) After all they are "A Fee & Fee"!
    08-13-11 11:57 AM
    BerryReporter is now saying that T-Mo AND Verizon are planning to also disable the NFC in the 9900/9930 BerryReporter Article. This is based on information from Verizon, so while I certainly hope its not true I can see Verizon doing this and if so it will have an impact on the phone.

The whole point is to adopt technology (that has been out for years) but US Carriers drag their friggin feet, unless they stand to make money off of it.
    08-13-11 09:05 PM
    BerryReporter is now saying that T-Mo AND Verizon are planning to also disable the NFC in the 9900/9930 BerryReporter Article. This is based on information from Verizon, so while I certainly hope its not true I can see Verizon doing this and if so it will have an impact on the phone.

The whole point is to adopt technology (that has been out for years) but US Carriers drag their friggin feet, unless they stand to make money off of it.
    08-13-11 09:06 PM
    I think that they will charge to enable this feature.

Just think, "We have this feature where you can do contactless payments through your phone! Cool huh? It's only $9.99/ month!"

As for the security risk, they can always turn NFC off just like wifi. I'm glad I ordered if from Handtec now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 09:26 PM
    Yeah its a security risk just like BT is and WiFi too. Know how to use a feature or don't use it at all. I honestly expect more out of these criminal enterprises.
    08-13-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD