Just curious if you gents think AT&T will release the 9900 on the hopeful dates of the 3rd, 15th or 21st of August? I keep reading posts and rumors that suggest otherwise but is there any real chance? Just wanted to sum this up in one thread.
    07-29-11 05:20 PM
    (*shakes magic 8 ball*). "Outlook not so good"
    07-29-11 05:50 PM
    No way, Jose.
    07-29-11 05:56 PM
    Just curious if you gents think AT&T will release the 9900 on the hopeful dates of the 3rd, 15th or 21st of August? I keep reading posts and rumors that suggest otherwise but is there any real chance? Just wanted to sum this up in one thread.
    Probable October release now per crucial

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 05:58 PM
    Looks like October

07-29-11 05:58 PM
    07-29-11 05:59 PM
    Yeah, not looking good. I hope that rumor as to why AT&T is getting the phone out later then the others is wrong. I'm not an AT&T customer but feel bad for their BB users is this is the case. It would lead me to switch if I were.

07-29-11 06:06 PM
    I hear the iphone 5 might be coming out in september. My money is on this is why At&t is pushing the blackberry phones back so they don't take up Iphone sales.

((And no I don't like my iphone. . .I regret getting it.))
    07-29-11 06:11 PM
    When I heard that the AT&T Guru isn't even field testing it yet...... nope......End of September - October is my guess......
    07-29-11 06:19 PM
    i'm also thinking it's will be by the time that September will be ending.
    but getting a Rogers unlocked device is also a good option for AT&T users
    07-29-11 06:52 PM
    I hear the iphone 5 might be coming out in september. My money is on this is why At&t is pushing the blackberry phones back so they don't take up Iphone sales.

((And no I don't like my iphone. . .I regret getting it.))
    I maybe be wrong but wouldn't it benefit AT&T if it's users used Blackberrys instead of iPhones? They do consume 3x less data on average, probably cost AT&T less to buy, and their users consume less too based on the phone's features etc.
    07-29-11 07:06 PM
    I maybe be wrong but wouldn't it benefit AT&T if it's users used Blackberrys instead of iPhones? They do consume 3x less data on average, probably cost AT&T less to buy, and their users consume less too based on the phone's features etc.
    The iphone was their signiture phone for so long that I wouldn't put it past them. And I'm sure if someone that had an iphone and switched to a blackberry they'd still use alot of data. It's just the way they use their phones.

Wait. . .DOH!
    07-29-11 07:49 PM
    Guys the truth is that this has very little to do with iPhone 5 right now. If the marketing people were going to hold it up it would be held post field testing. There is a reason why this device hasn't made it out of the lab and it is a technical reason not a marketing reason...

And I agree with CX on the perspective that it won't happen (at least on at&t) before October.

PG
    07-29-11 07:56 PM
    I'll get it from whoever launches it first.
    07-29-11 08:05 PM
    Yeah, not looking good. I hope that rumor as to why AT&T is getting the phone out later then the others is wrong. I'm not an AT&T customer but feel bad for their BB users is this is the case. It would lead me to switch if I were.

Yep..I'm out if thats the case. Stopped in a Verizon today to verbally commit. Will sign my letter of intent when 9930 comes out.

Baha.
    07-29-11 08:09 PM
    Well this is disheartening.
    07-29-11 08:12 PM
    At&t is only following what other carriers are doing. Verizon already does it if I'm not mistaken. So give it time and all the carriers will be like this. Not very encouraging but, not much we can do about this.
    07-29-11 08:19 PM
    I will just grab a Rogers unlocked. Hate i wont have vvm or navigator but oh well will have the phone.
    07-29-11 08:26 PM
    Guys the truth is that this has very little to do with iPhone 5 right now. If the marketing people were going to hold it up it would be held post field testing. There is a reason why this device hasn't made it out of the lab and it is a technical reason not a marketing reason...

And I agree with CX on the perspective that it won't happen (at least on at&t) before October.

PG
    Lol. Funny how you and I see eye to eye 99.99% of the time.
    07-29-11 08:31 PM

PG
    Then why is the device coming out on verizon and sprint pontentially a month in a half before AT&T?? I high doubt the testing process is that much diffrent between carriers, and I don't buy the whole AT&T does a more through job because the iphone 4 wouldn't have been release the way it was then with the whole attena issue.

07-29-11 09:08 PM
    this has been at&t's problem all along.never releasing devices when they should be released.i remember how the 2008 bold fiasco turned out to be.so let me get this straight.9810 lines up to last year's torch release date.then they will do testing and more testing on the 9860 and 9900 and launch them in october or later.so in reality,at&t doesn't really care about bb.the iphone 5 is going to cash them in.iphone 5 sales are going to be off the roof.so after the september iphone 5 parade,leave the 9860/9900 to feed to the scraps in october of what is left of them.im in a strange position right now.i need a new phone badly but waiting an extra 2 months or more is going to be hectic.who knows if i will end up with the iphone 5 out of the gate.so that leaves me with what i can use right now.a cheap torch about $150-200 could make my wait easier but i have no idea where i can find one.does anyone have a spare?lol.
    07-29-11 09:50 PM
    yes it will!! but probably mid september
    07-29-11 10:41 PM
    Well this is disheartening.
    Can 9900 be "accelerated" after the testing of torch2? I hope that is the case. I don't see a benefit from a at&t marketing perspective to keep the phone from selling.

Heck, if rim sold it, I would have taken 9900 with os6 (non touch) and upgraded to os 7 later months.

I sure hope they accelerate the release of 9900.
    Thanks to pg/cx for their support on keeping us in loop.

07-30-11 10:43 AM
    yes it will!! but probably mid september
    This is a good sign! Tester unit?
    07-30-11 10:47 AM
    I think November will be the magical month for you guys

07-30-11 10:48 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD