I tried to wait for AT&T, but I just can't after playing with one. Found some on ebay for just over $600 free shipping. Does anyone have any negative experiences doing this (unlocking and using on AT&T)? Or any compelling reasons to wait for the AT&T release? If something is wrong with it will RIM still warranty it? Thanks.
    09-20-11 08:59 PM
    Depends.... 9930? If so, no AT&T 3G.

9900... has to have NA 3G Bands (850mhz/1900mhz) for AT&T 3G.

To me, not having 3G on AT&T sucks!
    09-20-11 09:16 PM
    Depends.... 9930? If so, no AT&T 3G.

9900... has to have NA 3G Bands (850mhz/1900mhz) for AT&T 3G.

To me, not having 3G on AT&T sucks!
    Duvi......its from Rogers or Bell.....so I believe I will have full 3G/H+ on AT&T......correct?
    09-20-11 09:24 PM
    Duvi......its from Rogers or Bell.....so I believe I will have full 3G/H+ on AT&T......correct?
    Correct! Then I'd say go for it. If I could find someone to trade my 9930 for a 9900 with AT&T 3G bands, I'd do it.
    09-20-11 09:34 PM
    Correct! Then I'd say go for it. If I could find someone to trade my 9930 for a 9900 with AT&T 3G bands, I'd do it.
    Do you think it will still be covered under warranty by RIM?
    09-20-11 09:43 PM
    It will be covered under warranty but you will need to send it through the carriers warranty repair program
    09-20-11 10:02 PM
    It will be covered under warranty but you will need to send it through the carriers warranty repair program
    So if I buy an unlocked Bell one, and something goes wrong I could send it through the Bell program even though I didn't purchase it myself or have a receipt?
    09-20-11 10:05 PM
    So if I buy an unlocked Bell one, and something goes wrong I could send it through the Bell program even though I didn't purchase it myself or have a receipt?
    check this link here, they are many years in business and i never heard any bad feedback about them, they locate in NYC, i bought many accessories from them but always in person as i live in same city, they also do a shipping free. Check them and call them to find out about warranty.
    09-20-11 10:35 PM
    I own an unlocked rogers 900 on att from ebay. Its remarkable, such a top class phone. Super fast, breathtaking keyboard. Plenty of room for apps. And the "4g" speeds I get are nearly as fast as wifi. Truly a great phone. Besides the warranty issue, the only other thing I've encountered is I can't really get visual voicemail. Although I haven't tried that hard because their are some threads on here which show to get it working. Basically all I've done is download the ota link and call att about it, but they can't support because they don't (stupidly) offer this phone yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 06:18 AM
    My experience is exactly on par with austriker's. Fantastic device, works great on AT&T, but I have tried 7 different ways from Sunday to get VVM working, and it's simply not supported yet. It's not listed as compatible in their system. If VVM isn't a dealbreaker for you, go for it!

09-21-11 06:48 AM
    Yes of course..But it will have to be done through a bell store. The warranty gets attached to the imei # and becomes active upon activation.
    09-21-11 10:46 AM
    i have it on a rogers branded phone, works great. only downside is vvm. thats it.
    09-21-11 10:56 AM
    Do you think it will still be covered under warranty by RIM?

Manufacturers warranty, yes. I thought, in order to go through the carrier's warranty, you'd have to have an account with them.

So when I bought my storm 1 to use on at&t, I couldn't go to verizon because I didn't have an account with them.

Am I wrong or can't you stand it straight to RIM? I've never done warranty with anyone other than my carrier. Unlocked devices usually got sold before any issues ever arose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 03:28 PM
    What is VVM?

09-21-11 07:50 PM
    What is VVM?

visual voice mail
    09-21-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD