Has any one with verizon had bricking issuse when updating
    their 9930 with the official OS 9930 v7.1.0.163 (All Languages)
    from Sprint?
    Also any Brick trouble with the dowloading process itself..
    Thanks... Happy New Year all
    Last edited by Betmen; 01-01-12 at 10:09 AM.
    01-01-12 10:06 AM
    Nope. No trouble.
    01-01-12 10:08 AM
    There's already a poll going for this... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-1-a-682820/
    01-01-12 10:31 AM
    No... No bricking. Follow Phill_uk's post. Go to that link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 02:11 PM
    I haven't seen any posts on bricking after upgrading to 7.1 (sprint or vzw), but I did see a couple posts about seeing JVM 5xx errors. If you get this, just uninstall the OS, delete the original OS installation file that you would have used, download a fresh file/copy, and re-attempt. Should be good to go, there are plenty of posters with successful upgrades...
    01-01-12 02:16 PM
    I haven't seen any posts on bricking after upgrading to 7.1 (sprint or vzw), but I did see a couple posts about seeing JVM 5xx errors. If you get this, just uninstall the OS, delete the original OS installation file that you would have used, download a fresh file/copy, and re-attempt. Should be good to go, there are plenty of posters with successful upgrades...
    Does VZW have a 7.1 update out?
    01-01-12 04:55 PM
    Does VZW have a 7.1 update out?
    I would like to know this as well. Since it seems the 7.1 updates resolves the bricking, as soon as VZW releases it I am going to upgrade to the 9930.
    01-01-12 05:14 PM
    Verizon haven't released 7.1 yet... just use the Sprint version
    01-01-12 05:41 PM
    Verizon haven't released 7.1 yet... just use the Sprint version
    Just a quickie, do you , or are you supposed to wait until your carrier eg:mine is O2 announcesto yes to the latest release and download?
    I know that I can download the latest os for the 9900 when I get mine this week but technically are you supposed to wait until your carrier passed the latest os?
    01-01-12 06:41 PM
    There's no "supposed to". You can load whatever compatible OS you want.
    01-01-12 07:49 PM
    There's no "supposed to". You can load whatever compatible OS you want.
    Well, that depends on exactly what 'magician' meant by 'supposed.' If you call your carrier (verizon, sprint, etc.) with a yet to be officially released (i.e. supported) OS installed on your/their carrier respective device, they will most likely not help you, if they were to find out of course. For example, if the tech support level is high enough that the carrier is going to walk you through "re-installing" an OS on your phone, you can be almost certain they will ask you what device software version is currently installed, and in the end will direct you to install their own currently supported version. Of course, if you knew enough about installing an OS in the first place, you wouldn't be in this situation. The point being, if a customer were to send back a device running unsupported system/device software, the carrier will most probably treat the respective warranty ramifications as void. Well, that would be their policy anyway.

In practice... pff who knows...depends on whether they actually take the time to check this in the first place considering their workload in inventory processing. I would think MOST probably not because by this time, you are already being sent a replacement device, so I would think it is over and done with. Meaning, the process on their end would be to immediately recondition the device... so they'd probably almost immediately begin wiping the device and installing their own supported OS on it, followed by some routine diagnostics process. If the phone passes, then it would become a replacement device for some unlucky bloke :P
    01-01-12 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD