Hi,

I recently bought a second hand Blackberry Bold 9900 on eBay.
    It originally had Telstra service provider - Next G/Telstra are logos under the keypad.

I'm using Aldi SIM card/plan now and don't know how to delete the old (Telstra) info.

I'm having a lot of issues with not being able to use the Internet, Twitter app, error ID 40721 (no cached credentials) in BB World, and I don't seem to be able to connect to WIFI no matter where I am.

I'd really like to connect (face to face) with someone in Brisbane, Australia who has used or has a BB who can help me set up my phone properly. I'd like to be able to scan barcodes/QR codes, use GPS, Twitter and Tumblr, but not too much else.

I'm happy to pay for training/instruction.

Will also be in Sydney from Thurs 21 - Sun 24 May if that helps.

Thanks
    05-19-15 02:57 AM
    Not an Australian, but a BB user.

"I recently bought a second hand Blackberry Bold 9900 on eBay. It originally had Telstra service provider - Next G/Telstra are logos under the keypad. I'm using Aldi SIM card/plan now and don't know how to delete the old (Telstra) info. I'm having a lot of issues with not being able to use the Internet, Twitter app, error ID 40721 (no cached credentials) in BB World, and I don't seem to be able to connect to WIFI no matter where I am."

1. You need to unlock the phone so you can use your SIM card. Google "unlock code for Blackberry Bold 9900"
    2. You cannot get rid of the previous carrier startup screen. It is hard coded into the phone's ROM.
    3. Download and install the latest OS 7.1 from your carrier.
    4. Make sure that your carrier still supports Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) for personal use. That's why you're experiencing email, internet issues.
    5. Might have something physically amiss with the WiFi radio (hardware issue). Might clear up with a fresh install of the OS.

"I'd really like to connect (face to face) with someone in Brisbane, Australia who has used or has a BB who can help me set up my phone properly. I'd like to be able to scan barcodes/QR codes, use GPS, Twitter and Tumblr, but not too much else."

Sorry mate.

"I'm happy to pay for training/instruction."

The advice I've given is free of charge. That's why Crackberry exists.
    05-19-15 07:37 PM
    Omg, nice to know I'm not the only Blackberry user left in Brisbane, I hope you get this sorted out, I used to love my Bold 9900, but Blackberry 10 is sooooo much better, good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 05:44 AM