Hi All ,

Writing this post in the hope that some one with BIS experience can help me

I fired up an old 9900 over the weekend but found out my Three UK sim wouldn't support BIS

So I thought also have a t mobile Usa sim , called them and set up a plan and they added BIS but it won't come through they reckon because I'm in Europe and not on direct T Mobile network

Any help or ideas to get it working would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Best Regards Graham
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-12-17 09:51 AM
    does it work on wifi with the tmobile sim in?
    02-12-17 10:06 AM
    Are you based in the UK? 3-UK do support BIS (for sure) but you will need to do something to activate it, check the 3 support pages. I was on 3 for several years before switching to giffgaff

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    02-12-17 10:25 AM
    i use T-Mobile UK & Vodafone UK for BIS and they both work. Just have to pay £5 a month for BIS.

Normally when you get it activated they say to take the battery out and reinsert in but i just turn the network off and on which does the job.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    02-12-17 10:39 AM
    Thanks All , no BIS doesn't work with Wifi with T-Mobile sim in . Tried battery pull too and entered APN setting for t mobile but no luck yet
    02-12-17 11:36 AM
    The last time I put the Sim back into the 9900 from the Iphone I had no BIS for the first time ever in my experience. It wasn't enough (for some reason) to re-send the service Books and host routing tables when I did it myself, so I ended up calling Rogers and thank God I got a girl who knew what she was doing. She remembered how to send the BIS service books (I believe she called it) to my device and it was a bit of a process on her computer as she spoke aloud everything she had to do for each process. She sent them, then she had me reboot my 9900 and BAM! All the messages were pouring in for the last 3 days that I missed without BIS.

So I am assuming you will have to call them and hopefully you get someone that knows what they are doing.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-12-17 04:06 PM
    Keep in mind also that newer personel do not know what "BIS" is. Try to tell them to turn on "Blackberry Data Services" which is the same thing as "BIS".
    02-17-17 10:06 AM