So ever since yesterday when I click the "Should Blackberry Bring Back Legacy Devices?" thread, my Crackberry app jams and I have to reboot the phone. Also get some spinning clock on the screen. All the other threads work perfectly.

I also uninstalled Crackberry and reinstalled it (and weird it didnt ask for my Name and PW after that) but still happens. I'll just use the ipad now to hit that thread

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-16 02:51 PM
    Nope !
    Working fine for me.
    Although , I usually use Tapatalk.

05-09-16 09:09 PM
    Ralph, I would suggest scrapping the CB app on your 9900 and instead use the latest Tapatalk. There are bug fixes and it will probably solve your issue.

See the following thread and check out the posts I made there as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1029563
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-09-16 09:36 PM
    Ralph, I would suggest scrapping the CB app on your 9900 and instead use the latest Tapatalk. There are bug fixes and it will probably solve your issue.

See the following thread and check out the posts I made there as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1029563
    Thanks dude, but honestly I don't even know what Tapatalk is I read the thread and still don't know how to update it. Since its just the one thread (I should try loading it again) I'll let it slide unless things get worse, but ya everything else is golden

EDIT: I found the OTA link you posted, I missed it the first time. So once I install Tapatalk what then? Do you just log in to it and CB appears? Seriously this is not my Forte

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 05-09-16 at 11:29 PM.
    05-09-16 11:14 PM
    Now the thread opens and works properly, must have just been a hiccup

05-11-16 04:08 PM
    All part of an insidious plot to keep people from pining away for the good ol' days...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-11-16 08:00 PM
    Now the thread opens and works properly, must have just been a hiccup

The CB forums app (which is built on a version of Tapatalk) is much more clunky and temperamental than the later version of Tapatalk; v1.4.7.8. However, as indicated in the earlier referenced thread (and elsewhere) Tapatalk for BB OS7 is no longer supported and has stopped searching, finding and adding forums. Therefore you have to dig into the app dbase files, copy the .db files from the CB forums app over to Tapatalk in order to get it to work. Not difficult, but fiddly and it's limited in what you can achieve. I had Tapatalk working nicely with CB and other forums before somehow losing CB.
    see: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11839748

Now I have both Tapatalk and the CB forums app installed on my 9900, the former to read another forum group, the later to interact with CB. I haven't been able to edit the .db files to get both working in Tapatalk

What I did observe was that the CB forums app became much more stable when I finally plumped up the courage to upgrade my 9900 to OS version 7.1.0.1098 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-12-16 07:43 AM
    I'm on 0.391. I gave up Windows PC's 6 years ago, the viruses from Limewire killed my PC and my 7 month old Nokia C3 at the time. I switched to an ipad that year and never looked back. I'm not that "tekkie" when it comes to manipulating websites, so something like "Tapatalk" is more than I would mess with. So my 9900 isn't backed up and if I had a glitch I would just start over from scratch.

Fortunately if I need to see new forums, the CB app on ipad/iphone work good, but it still is more fun to use on the 9900

05-12-16 10:49 AM
    The CB forums app (which is built on a version of Tapatalk) is much more clunky and temperamental than the later version of Tapatalk; v1.4.7.8. However, as indicated in the earlier referenced thread (and elsewhere) Tapatalk for BB OS7 is no longer supported and has stopped searching, finding and adding forums. Therefore you have to dig into the app dbase files, copy the .db files from the CB forums app over to Tapatalk in order to get it to work. Not difficult, but fiddly and it's limited in what you can achieve. I had Tapatalk working nicely with CB and other forums before somehow losing CB.
    see: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11839748

Now I have both Tapatalk and the CB forums app installed on my 9900, the former to read another forum group, the later to interact with CB. I haven't been able to edit the .db files to get both working in Tapatalk

What I did observe was that the CB forums app became much more stable when I finally plumped up the courage to upgrade my 9900 to OS version 7.1.0.1098 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/
    A work around for searching on the Tapatalk app :

On browser search for forum -
    ( example " CrackBerry Forums ")

When found, select it and then copy the url.
    Which in this case is : forums.crackberry.com/

Now go back to Tapatalk and paste into the search box.
    At this point the forum being searched should pop up and can be selected.

So far it has worked for me in finding , AVS Forums, Android Central Forums , Windows Central Forums...etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 12:36 AM

On browser search for forum -
    ( example " CrackBerry Forums ")

At this point the forum being searched should pop up and can be selected.

So far it has worked for me in finding , AVS Forums, Android Central Forums , Windows Central Forums...etc.

Posted via CB10
    NICE find! Works on the old Tapatalk version 2 on android as well, which had the same problem.
    05-18-16 07:38 AM
    NICE find! Works on the old Tapatalk version 2 on android as well, which had the same problem.
    Yup !

But I much prefer using my Bold version !!
    05-18-16 07:41 AM
    On browser search for forum - ( example " CrackBerry Forums ")
    At this point the forum being searched should pop up and can be selected
    Well done goodayeh - You are a genius!
    That strategy works a treat on my 9900 and I'm very pleased to be able to use Tapatalk again, many thanks!
    05-18-16 07:45 AM
    Awesome tip! Finally after all this time we can now add different forums to our Tapatalk.
    05-20-16 04:06 PM