Here's another which shows some web browsing.

I have a theory about the 9900 1230mAh battery life: Since OS7 leverages from the built-in GPU for graphics and not/less from the CPU, the battery should have a similar uptime as a 9700/9780 (as stated in the video). GPU's in general are far more efficient in rendering graphics compared to CPU's, so it takes less time/power to render graphics which means longer battery life. So I think we don't have to worry about the less powerfull battery of the 9900. I also think that is the reason that OS7 is not compatible with the current models. Does that make sense?
    mssca, johnmarki, insman1 and 14 others like this.
    06-23-11 05:38 AM

I have a theory about the 9900 1230mAh battery life: Since OS7 leverages from the built-in GPU for graphics and not/less from the CPU, the battery should have a similar uptime as a 9700/9780 (as stated in the video). GPU's in general are far more efficient in rendering graphics compared to CPU's, so it takes less time/power to render graphics which means longer battery life. So I think we don't have to worry about the less powerfull battery of the 9900. I also think that is the reason that OS7 is not compatible with the current models. Does that make sense?
    Yup, that all makes plenty of sense. RIM would not send a device to market with insufficient battery life. That phone looks sweeter and sweeter every time I see it.

Nice vid -- thanks for posting!
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 06-23-11 at 10:22 AM.
    06-23-11 05:52 AM
    Looking pretty good. Can't see what all the naysayers are talking about. Looks smooth, hope they weren't using any tricks to make it look that way.
    06-23-11 06:04 AM

Yup... less power required to power that core. But, also the new processor is FAR more efficient than the old one, putting less strain on the battery there. OS 7 should also incorporate more efficient battery management.
    bigbamboo likes this.
    06-23-11 06:04 AM
    Thanks for the post - nice to see a new video of it.

I hate to sound like a downer, but the more I see the 9900, the more I think it looks too "wide" to be comfortably pocketable. I hope that's not the case once we really get our hands on one.
    06-23-11 06:21 AM
    Thanks for the post - nice to see a new video of it.

I hate to sound like a downer, but the more I see the 9900, the more I think it looks too "wide" to be comfortably pocketable. I hope that's not the case once we really get our hands on one.
    It's the same width as the HTC Evo or Droid X if that helps at all. Yes, those screens are MUCH larger but that width is what helps the 9900 have such an amazing keyboard.

Great video btw.
    06-23-11 07:28 AM
    I can't seem to understand something. Is the chrome lining around the trackpad lit up?
    Some say it is, some say it's not.. To me it looks like it is but I can't be too sure..
    06-23-11 07:41 AM
    It's the same width as the HTC Evo or Droid X if that helps at all. Yes, those screens are MUCH larger but that width is what helps the 9900 have such an amazing keyboard.

Great video btw.
    Yep its the same width as the Droid X. Man that is a really cool video showing off the liquid graphics. Very fast and smooth going between folders and screens.

All we need now is a solid release date
    06-23-11 07:46 AM
    Loved the vid, thanks, it looks pretty ready to me, now give me one already.
    06-23-11 07:57 AM
    Awesome video.

Cant wait to get this phone.
    06-23-11 08:36 AM
    The most important part of that video was at the end......

"We are going with a sleek composite battery door"

No stupid cheezy looking bedazzled door.

Yes!
    06-23-11 09:27 AM
    Crazy off the wall thinking here... But the 9930 variant of this device is stated just to be CDMA ev-do rev.a hspa+ roaming. Shouldn't I put the phone into roaming and use the tmobile hspa network here in Chicago?? Help me out here if I sound like I freakin ***** here.
    Last edited by JUSTQUAN2; 06-23-11 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Hit post to fast...
    06-23-11 10:02 AM
    ...I hate to sound like a downer, but the more I see the 9900, the more I think it looks too "wide" to be comfortably pocketable. I hope that's not the case once we really get our hands on one.
    I think that it being a little wider and thinner will help it's pocketibility. The one thing that absolutly drives me nuts is to have my phone turn sideways or horizontally in my pocket. With it being a little wider I think it will help it to stay verticle in the front pocket of my jeans.

Won't know for sure untill I actually have one though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 10:10 AM
    Great video!
    06-23-11 10:26 AM
    That puts my Storm2 to shame times and times over again
    06-23-11 01:27 PM
    Maybe this has been answered before so I apologize if it has, but I can't find any solid information on it. Does anyone know for sure if the screen is glass or not?
    06-23-11 02:22 PM
    its beautiful, cant wait to buy one.
    06-23-11 02:26 PM
    Lol! Just showed 2 of my friends this video that are currently iPhone 4 users and they just told me they can't wait to switch back. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa boyyyyyy!
    06-23-11 02:35 PM
    what a devicem when u think about it rim is so efficient in coding that older devices are still doing fine despite their relatively weak specd. with this guy and rim s efficiency it ll blow us out! cant wait ti get my hands on one, summer gonna be **** a long
    06-23-11 03:06 PM
    Maybe this has been answered before so I apologize if it has, but I can't find any solid information on it. Does anyone know for sure if the screen is glass or not?
    Since they decided to go with a capacitive touchscreen on this new Bold you can bet it's glass.
    AbuYazeedUK and johnmarki like this.
    06-23-11 03:23 PM
    Since they decided to go with a capacitive touchscreen on this new Bold you can bet it's glass.
    Oh ok, cool. I've made the jump from iPhone to BlackBerry twice before. Once from the 3GS to the Tour and then from the 4 to the Bold 9700. Each time the BB only lasted two weeks before I went back. The overall sluggishness and poor web/app experience ruined it for me. However, this looks like it may be the perfect balance between entertainment and function.
    06-23-11 03:36 PM
    Wow. This device has got some potential.
    06-23-11 04:05 PM
    Finally someone posted a video I haven't seen, props. The phone looks so ready for consumers in the video...YAWNN at the carriers.
    Last edited by dooodads; 06-23-11 at 04:25 PM.
    06-23-11 04:20 PM
    That Berry FLIES!
    06-23-11 04:34 PM
    wow, that thing is super fast - really a nice looking device. If I can type on this sucker then I would be most interested as it looks like they got the performance end of things pretty wrapped up
    06-23-11 05:08 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD