I'm not buying it for a grand i can get a good price but just wanted to know if the test units have something missing from them as in hardware/software wise.
    07-02-11 12:23 PM
    I would not recommend buying an evaluation unit as RIM can kill the pin on it at any point if they chose to do so making it useless.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-02-11 01:00 PM
    I would not recommend buying an evaluation unit as RIM can kill the pin on it at any point if they chose to do so making it useless.
    OK Thanks.
    07-02-11 01:20 PM
    I want a 9930 so the deal is no good for me. It seems that the expected shipping date has come and gone. I love my BB and cant wait for thr 9930 but I can wait a day or two after launch and not pay1
    $1000. **** i will wait for 2 weeks before i paid $1000.00 for it.
    07-02-11 01:48 PM
    are all these devices on sale right now test units? and if i buy one will it always work? i mean after it is officially launched these ones won't get blocked will they?
    You woke up an old thread.

These phones have been on eBay for months. They are preorders for when the phone is released, not pre-launch units. Like the other said why would you goive someone a grand for a preorder?

Now for a full working units today, well that is another story.

It is good I no longer need a 9900
    07-02-11 01:50 PM
    You woke up an old thread.

These phones have been on eBay for months. They are preorders for when the phone is released, not pre-launch units. Like the other said why would you goive someone a grand for a preorder?

Now for a full working units today, well that is another story.

It is good I no longer need a 9900
    So are there full working units out there? and how would someone of got hold of them? you have one?
    07-02-11 02:14 PM
    So are there full working units out there? and how would someone of got hold of them? you have one?
    The available 9900's out there are not fully functional one, i.e their OS is still in testing phase. Those are given to a select number of people.

The eBay phone is the previous thread mentioned will be delivered to you when they're officially released. In other words, don't waste your money. It's too expensive.
    07-02-11 02:18 PM
    The available 9900's out there are not fully functional one, i.e their OS is still in testing phase. Those are given to a select number of people.

The eBay phone is the previous thread mentioned will be delivered to you when they're officially released. In other words, don't waste your money. It's too expensive.
    Sorry i wasn't clear but i wasn't talking about the phone in this thread and i didn't want to start a new thread for a similar type of question. Basically i know someone that's selling a 9900 and if it's not a test unit what else could it be? are fully functional units out there? or stolen? etc
    07-02-11 02:23 PM
    The ones you see for sale now are fully functional Blackberries, but as gregg said, those are preorders. This somehow means like the phone doesn't exist yet, but people preoder it so when it does (i.e RIM officially starts distributing it), then the seller can start shipping.

Again, don't waste your money on a $1000+ phone because the person who advertises it won't have it before the public does, so you can get it at a much cheaper price.

I hope that helps and if you still have further questions, go ahead.
    07-02-11 04:41 PM
    Sorry i wasn't clear but i wasn't talking about the phone in this thread and i didn't want to start a new thread for a similar type of question. Basically i know someone that's selling a 9900 and if it's not a test unit what else could it be? are fully functional units out there? or stolen? etc
    There are functional 9900 units in the field. These units are distributed by RIM for testing purposes. There are also some pre-release units but I have yet to run into one from my contacts. You will seldom see them on eBay this early but might as the release gets closer.

Best to cool your heels and wait as there is always someone out there to take your money. These is no shortage of dishonest people around eBay.
    07-03-11 08:18 AM
    there's plenty of units floating around in the UK that's why i was asking the questions regarding buying them because i don't know how someone could of got hold of more than one unit, and i think all of them come without the box obviously everyone has seen the front page of Crackberry where one sold for �900 damn i'm not paying that much but i can get one for cheaper so i might look into it
    07-04-11 04:41 PM
    28 people bought it! This guy scored!
    07-04-11 05:53 PM
    I agree with you. Intelligence and police services all over the world are warning about online frauds and yet, some people just go online and spend their money. Even if the guy ship the item after RIM releases, it can be consider as fraud for over charging. Consumer fraud.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 06:27 PM
    Sorry but the eBay sales are no frauds.

They are simply a test for the stupid!

So many fail!
    07-05-11 05:41 AM
    And i can guarantee that all of them wont pay...unless they are both dumb and stupid...$1000 for a phone which when released properly will be half that is quite simply ridiculous but then i cant speak for these 28 people....i guess some people are just too desperate to get their hands on one.
    07-05-11 08:13 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD