Ok, so, say I search something on google and scroll down, why will it automatically select the item when I didn't click the trackpad? Its happened on both the 9900's I've had and has also happened to my friend, so I know it isn't a hardware problem.

Anyone else experience this? Should I upgrade from Rogers' stock .261? Tried battery pulls, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 02:57 PM
    Sorry, I am not too sure what you are asking.

When you scroll down it automatically selects a link, even though you did not press on the Tpad? or scrolling with the Tpad and it randomly selects things you do not want to?
    08-14-11 03:02 PM
    When I scroll down, it automatically selects a link, but only sometimes.

08-14-11 03:03 PM
    Could your finger be hitting the trackpad? I mean by mistake. Can you adjust trackpad sensitivity? Change the vertical sensitivity?
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-14-11 at 03:16 PM.
    08-14-11 03:05 PM
    I'm using the trackpad to scroll down, but definitely not clicking it. And I already tried adjusting the vertical sensitivity.

08-14-11 03:10 PM
    Yes, sorry, vertical.

Haven't had that problem with my bb, sorry. Can you return the unit? or exchange?
    08-14-11 03:17 PM
    Also sometimes the trackpad scrolls up by itself... Wtf..

08-14-11 03:28 PM
    Just return the phone or get it replaced. Not that hard.
    08-14-11 03:30 PM
    Also sometimes the trackpad scrolls up by itself... Wtf..

Yes, have the unit replaced. I cannot scroll up from the Tpad and then continue with the screen, it stops. So if your Tpad is doing all those things, replace quickly.
    08-14-11 03:31 PM
    This sounds like what used to happen on my 9700. I would often select URL's in the browser by typing the first letter in the address field then scrolling down the autocomplete list till the one I wanted was highlighted. However oftentimes my 9700 would select one before it got to the one I wanted, even though I most definitely did not click the button. It sounds like a software bug and I'm sorry to hear they've carried it through to OS7.

08-14-11 03:48 PM
    That would drive me nuts! I used to get angry enough at the dbl tap on my old berry.
    08-14-11 03:51 PM
    Happened to me. Then my trackpad wouldn't accept any scrolling or movement whatsoever. Would only click.

08-14-11 04:12 PM
    Happened to me. Then my trackpad wouldn't accept any scrolling or movement whatsoever. Would only click.

You still have the same unit? Did you exchange?
    08-14-11 04:14 PM
    I had an ongoing battle with Rogers because of a false BS policy one store manager set so I couldn't swap. Rogers is shipping me a new one

08-14-11 05:00 PM
    This is happening to me as well. The trackpad will click on links when I am simply trying to scroll through the website. It seems to act like the touchscreen when using it with the browser. For example when you try to scroll through a website with the touchscreen and your finger momentarily bounces of the screen, it registers like a click...
    08-14-11 07:23 PM
    mine is doing this i am just wondering if its me just catching the touchscreen ans selecting on there?
    08-14-11 07:40 PM
    I'm also having trackpad issues but it's the first time i've encountered it. seems to be very noticeable on extremely heavy websites and it feels like massive cursor lag

if anyone wants to try it, go to interfacelift.com
    pblakk likes this.
    08-14-11 07:42 PM
    I'm also having trackpad issues but it's the first time i've encountered it. seems to be very noticeable on extremely heavy websites and it feels like massive cursor lag

if anyone wants to try it, go to interfacelift.com
    wow, my Tour would explode if I tried loading this page on it, no matter what browser.
    08-14-11 08:51 PM
    OP - did you exchange your phone? I'm experiencing the same issues: going to webpages randomly, unable to swipe up or down on webpages, very laggy especially on Facebook, any google search, espn
    08-14-11 09:48 PM
    mine is doing this i am just wondering if its me just catching the touchscreen ans selecting on there?
    This is exactly what is happening to you guys. I had it happen several times until i picked up on it. when you are using the track pad your finger is just touching the bottom of the screen and clicking whatever link is there. its not a hardware issue,just growing pains on a new device.
    08-15-11 12:31 AM
    Nope. It is a hardware issue. Had the same issue and noticed that the top edge of my sensor was up a bit. Swapped my phone for a new one and problem gone and all edges are equal now. I have no issues now and it was almost moving by iteslf before. Swap it out for a replacement right away.
    08-15-11 12:58 AM
    Its definitely me touching the touch screen by accident, just played around trying to get it to do and and its not the trackpad but whatever link is at the bottom of the screen that my finger touches slightly. Tapping away at the trackpad does nothing unless you actually click it. Hope this helps some people out.
    08-15-11 07:05 AM
    Nope. It is a hardware issue. Had the same issue and noticed that the top edge of my sensor was up a bit. Swapped my phone for a new one and problem gone and all edges are equal now. I have no issues now and it was almost moving by iteslf before. Swap it out for a replacement right away.
    Well i guess it could be either, however they should make sure this is not what is happening before tsking the phone back.

When scrolling down its very easy to catch the bottom of the screen with your thumb since your starting at the top part of the track pad.
    08-15-11 11:08 AM
    Well i guess it could be either, however they should make sure this is not what is happening before tsking the phone back.

When scrolling down its very easy to catch the bottom of the screen with your thumb since your starting at the top part of the track pad.
    This is what I'm thinking is happening as well. The very tip of the thumb is registering a screen press on the bottom of the touchscreen. But then I hear about users exchanging devices and problem solved...so now I'm unsure.

Has anyone noticed this on any other screen besides the browser? Could this be a software issue related to the browser itself??

For those that are having this issue what is your build date? (Mine is August 4th - Mexico 4)
    Last edited by Alxis; 08-17-11 at 02:21 PM.
    08-17-11 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD