Been doing the Android Challenge for two weeks now. Trying to use an Android phone in place of my 9930. In reality I have been two fisting it and carrying both phones. The Android is nice in the app department. Its nice to not be dead last to get any kind of app. Seems for a lot of the apps the developers don't even acknowledge that the Blackberry even exists. That part is frustrating.

On the Blackberry side, my 9930 is much better in the notification department. I have my berry quietly collect my email and messages and not make a sound unless it is from a friend or family member. Using BeBuzz I can also flash the led an appropriate color. The Android is unable to do this. Its all or nothing when it comes to notification.

The keyboard on the 9930 is the best there is, but everyone knows this already. It is mentioned in virtually every review I have seen on the thing. The touch screen keyboard on the Android is pretty bad out of the box. There are keyboards in the Android market for a few bucks that work much better. There are email clients that work much better than the boxed client also. I'm using K9mail on the droid and it does push mail from my imap server.
    I have the droid to the point that I can live with it. And still, the 9930 is the phone I grab the most for communicating. Its just better for that. If I have to pick one over the other. Its gonna be tough. There are apps on the droid that I really need. I use the squeezebox app all the time to control my music system at home.
    For now I'm going to hang onto both.
    -Pete

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 02:11 PM
    Thats a pretty fair review, i have to agree blackberry is much better at some things android is better for others, so it is a toos up on which is the best device to have.
    02-05-12 02:29 PM
    I have my berry quietly collect my email and messages and not make a sound unless it is from a friend or family member.
    Your berry is well trained... hahaha
    02-05-12 03:37 PM
    Interesting.

What Android are you using?
    02-05-12 04:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Anyways, have a great adventure with the challenge!
    02-05-12 06:00 PM
    Interesting.

What Android are you using?

Motorola Photon.
    Its a great phone. First thing I did was install a 3500 mah battery. Great battery life. Last 16 hours easy with constant use. Has a built in FM radio. I think that is a cool feature.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD