I have always liked BB and the 9900 is a very nice device just not sure if any phone is worth 550 + tax. But glad you are liking it.
    Liking it so far ....Another weird thing last night, the phone shut down and rebooted. Not sure why. Only happened once, I'll have to keep an eye on it. It better not be a frequent thing.....
    01-17-12 05:15 AM
    Liking it so far ....Another weird thing last night, the phone shut down and rebooted. Not sure why. Only happened once, I'll have to keep an eye on it. It better not be a frequent thing.....
    See that happend to me on .576 Im not willing to deal with it anymore.
    01-17-12 07:38 AM
    I think most of that comes from the fact that BB owners are typically very picky about these kinds of quirks. Most other users wouldn't notice or care. At the end of the day, the phone still works. Most of the complaints are things that are so minor but they feel like putting it out there anyway.
    Do agree that BB owners are more picky, we are prob also more knowledgable...am now on my 3rd 9930, it works perfectly! The first 2 in Sept 2011/Oct 2011 major GPS problems--but this 3rd one is problem free so far. Just updated to 7.1 a cpl days ago. Another point, present 9930 is pre-owned, Verizon is the carrier....they probably repaired and sent me back my first one!
    01-17-12 09:08 AM
    yes, you are!
    01-17-12 10:44 AM
    See that happend to me on .576 Im not willing to deal with it anymore.
    It hasn't happened to me yet today. Battery life after 12 hrs off charger - 65%, awesome ! Going to load up a few more apps on it tonight, lets put it to the test. Set up Bluetooth for my vehicle, it works fantastic ! Very little to complain about today (fingers crossed)....
    01-17-12 05:08 PM
    It hasn't happened to me yet today. Battery life after 12 hrs off charger - 65%, awesome ! Going to load up a few more apps on it tonight, lets put it to the test. Set up Bluetooth for my vehicle, it works fantastic ! Very little to complain about today (fingers crossed)....
    Well after thinking about it for a few days I decided to call Att and see what they can do for me in regaurds to the 9900. After a 20 minute phone conversation I got one for 368.00 includes shipping. I will have it on thursday. I like the Iphone BUT at the end of the day I dont play games,music and not a big app person. More than likely i will sell my I4s.
    01-17-12 05:14 PM
    Well after thinking about it for a few days I decided to call Att and see what they can do for me in regaurds to the 9900. After a 20 minute phone conversation I got one for 368.00 includes shipping. I will have it on thursday. I like the Iphone BUT at the end of the day I dont play games,music and not a big app person. More than likely i will sell my I4s.
    Nice, thats a great price ! When you get your PIN, I'd like to add you to my BBM. We may have a lot to talk about being 9900 owners ....Congrats !
    01-17-12 05:43 PM

nuts.how many times?watch switch again and it continues.boring.get a life.
    01-17-12 05:52 PM
    Nice, thats a great price ! When you get your PIN, I'd like to add you to my BBM. We may have a lot to talk about being 9900 owners ....Congrats !
    I've had a bb for 5yrs and wanted to see what the i4s was all about. Very nice device BUT I can get things done faster on a BB. Excited to be back! Sounds good I'll pm ya when I get mine.
    Last edited by Slammer; 01-17-12 at 05:59 PM.
    01-17-12 05:56 PM
    Take the phone home, install 7.1.0.190, and then begin all the setup stuff. And use an older charger like the folding blade type.

Problems solved.
    01-17-12 06:00 PM
    Take the phone home, install 7.1.0.190, and then begin all the setup stuff. And use an older charger like the folding blade type.

Problems solved.
    Is that the official OS from AT&T ?? If not, what is and is it any good ?
    01-17-12 07:24 PM
    I traded my iphone 4S for a Bold 9900 and an iPhone 4 to someone local. Cant complain at all so far. The Directv app is the only one that freezes my phone. But battery life is not near an iPhone.
    01-17-12 07:34 PM
    9930 from day one release on Sprint, and not a single issue as some describe (hardware or software wise). Then again I dont really have any thirdparty apps on the phone anymore. Figured QuickLaunch and BeBuzz are slightly buggy in terms of their opperation (especially with BeBuzz not wanting to stop LED blinking even after I check my texts). I don't know whats up with all this bricking nonsense, the one time I had that was when I tried updating my 9700, and I got some 502 error forcing me to reload the OS. But in terms of my 9930, I dont have any problems and forgive the shortcomings like camera and whatnot. One thing I will note though is the battery, reletivley speaking its terribble when compared to other phones of this price range and calibur.
    01-17-12 07:53 PM
    Well you got a brand new phone that no one else ever used but I don't know but I got myself a bold for a good deal and so far nothing wrong with the phone and its new condition to
    01-17-12 08:53 PM
    We've had our 9900's for 3 months, are pretty heavy BB users and they both work like a charm. I have friends with other phones but there is something about the Bold that just feels right when you're using it.
    01-17-12 10:25 PM
    The 9900 is a sweet phone man, glad to have you back.

I'm not saying people are lying when they say they are having problems with their 9900's but I haven't had the slightest problem or issue. No reboots, no freezes, no nothing. Probably I just haven't installed enough ty apps.
    01-17-12 11:14 PM
    i had battery problem too so i decided buy a new one...i did first chrge for 10 hours..now my 9900 go easy 24+
    Last edited by kampamarou; 01-18-12 at 02:26 AM.
    01-18-12 01:50 AM
    I dont think you are nuts, I know you are nuts.

How do I know? Becuase I am thinking about doing the exact same thing and I know that I'm nuts.

I am the first person to say why Blackberry is past its prime yet I am being pulled back to try the blackberry I always wanted to have.
    01-18-12 07:52 AM
    The 9900 is a sweet phone man, glad to have you back.

I'm not saying people are lying when they say they are having problems with their 9900's but I haven't had the slightest problem or issue. No reboots, no freezes, no nothing. Probably I just haven't installed enough ty apps.
    Thankyou cant wait to have my 9900 hopefully by tomorrow. Just checked the tracking and its scheduled for today!
    Last edited by Slammer; 01-18-12 at 12:03 PM.
    01-18-12 11:44 AM
    I paid $615 (with tax) for my 9900 and don't regret it at all, especially with the currently rumoured designs of the BB10 phones.
    01-18-12 11:52 AM
    Is that the official OS from AT&T ?? If not, what is and is it any good ?
    No its not the official AT&T OS. Who do you think is more concearned with your best interests? AT&T or The Chairman?

After trying all of them, this is the best OS by a large margin. People who have problems with the same hardware and firmware obviously created those problems themselves. Cutting corners on the OS install, Cutting corners on reloading apps and personal information, and using junk apps and then cursing the phone and firmware.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-a-689661-new/

Last edited by olblueyez; 01-18-12 at 01:34 PM.
    01-18-12 01:18 PM
    I paid retail price for both the 9700 and 9900 (around $800-900)
    Last edited by emirozmen; 01-18-12 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added sth.
    01-18-12 02:15 PM
    I Paid 625$. no insurance, and that's basically over half of what i earn.
    01-18-12 03:07 PM
    I dont think you are nuts, I know you are nuts.

How do I know? Becuase I am thinking about doing the exact same thing and I know that I'm nuts.

I am the first person to say why Blackberry is past its prime yet I am being pulled back to try the blackberry I always wanted to have.
    Same here. I love Blackberry and by the way, my wife thinks I'm completely NUTS !
    01-18-12 05:42 PM
    @The Adventist, yes , you are right. The 4s and the BB 9900 have 2 different SIM cards. In order for me to switch back and forth, you have to contact customer service and have the phones switched and the data plans switched. If you want the same phone number, this is the only way to do it. I've done it before many times with my old iphone 3gs and BB 9700. Its inconvenient but necessary.
    Actually you can use a SIM adapter for the small iPhone SIM in the BB.

I did it with my IP4 way back when I had one. The thing is you must have a BB plan to use the the SIM in the BB for BIS or data so just cancel the iPhone plan and activate a new SIM (full size) with a BB plan for the 9900.

Cut the SIM to fit the IP4 and use a SIM adapter. You "may" have to adjust the APN on the iPhone but I don't remember now. That may require you to jailbreak which I always did anyways.

I currently switch between my Galaxy Nexus (and lots of other Android phones ) and my 9900 a few times per week with no issues. I know the Nexus is not an iPhone but like I said, I did it in the past and it works like a charm. Blackberry's are a bit boring to use as my phone all day so this is why I switch between them. I've always had a BB plan SIM and use that SIM in tons of different phones.

But the SIM adapters do kinda suck though.

Joe
    01-18-12 06:34 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD