I have my 9900 for like 7 months and the battery life is awful, it only last 5 or 6 hours, I've turn the battery saving mode on, turn all the apps that I'm not using.As I don't have BIS i don't have to worry about the GPS. Beside my 9900 getting sloppy, it always pop up with a clock rotating and hangs for over 20 secs.So am i have a bad device??Attachment 108375 Attachment 108376
    04-23-12 05:13 AM
    Have you updated the OS to the latest official? Third party apps you might have installed might be causing memory leaks if you keep gettin' the rotating clock.

Try turning your network settings to '2G' only, as '3G' and (especially) '2G and 3G' is known to drain the battery as it's constantly trying to find reception.

Any loud sound alerts and the length of vibration has an effect on the battery too. Hope this helps.

p.s. The attachment didn't work for me, it comes with an 'invalid attachment' message.
    04-23-12 06:37 AM
    i've tried that before by turn to 3G only but that seems didn't help too much,i also upgrade my OS but didn't have any changes on the battery life

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 10:29 AM
    what os did you install? try .402 many other says its better than .342, as i start to find it better of today.

also here are few things that can improve your battery life. if you don't use social feed, turn off the auto refresh on it, basically disable social apps connected to it. if you using blackberry protect, you can turn it off to save battery as it uses gps. go to device settings and turn of location to off. dim your screen to lowest "10" backlight off at "20 sec" as well change all your social app to refresh at a longer interval than shorter. hope this help, this is what i had on my 9900, and it lasted me 2-3 days on minimum use and 1.5 - 2 days on heavy usage.
    04-23-12 12:40 PM
    i'm using 7.1.0.267,actually i've tried those method to save mt battery life before,but it didn't help at all.i've experience a bad battery life and that rotating clock always appear and the device hang on every OS i installed..

04-23-12 09:58 PM
    first try installing .402 and keep the method i told you for a few days and see how it goes. because that is exactly what i have (for best battery) and i get at least 2 days usage.

also check your application and see if any apps is draining and slowing down your phone. if not you might have a bad device and take it back for warrenty. some just unlucky but shouldnt give up hope on blackberry.
    04-23-12 10:11 PM
    Maybe you should set your backlight to 10% ?
    04-23-12 10:25 PM
    okay,i'll try it but now turned off all the apps and only got the phone,the mail,options and the crackberry app but the draining rate is like 7%/hour so is it what a bad device would have?

04-23-12 10:30 PM
    on average of the whole battery analysis chart.. i get average of 2-2.5% and most is 3% per hour. 7% is pretty bad. a lot of people say .402 has better battery life to .267/.342 so give it a try. and be sure to have your backlight to 10%.

also post a picture of the battery details (modules) and number of process.
    04-23-12 10:35 PM
    04-24-12 01:57 AM
    so am i having a bad device?

04-25-12 03:23 AM
    No, you don't have a bad device, meaning the hardware.
    It is not the device sucking the juice out of your battery.

Two suggestions:
    1)Upgrade to the newest OS
    2) Try to get rid of Shangmail for a day or two, as some time ago it was suspected to drain the battery.
    If you find that Shangmail is causing your battery drain fast, get decent BIS if it is available for you.
    04-25-12 06:11 AM
    okay,i deleted the shangmail app btw i have drop my phone for a few times,will that cause my device going bad?

04-25-12 07:50 AM
    (...) i have drop my phone for a few times,will that cause my device going bad?(...)
    Definitely it does no good to your phone but should not affect the battery life in any way
    04-25-12 09:15 AM
    I would turn the battery saving mode off.

This should improve battery life:

*Turn on Wifi if it is available. Turn OFF Bluetooth.
    *Set social apps to check for updates every 5hrs or so ( only update when u open the app)
    *Make sure you dont have any unnecessary apps running in the background (press and hold the BB key to check)

By doing this, I get about 15hrs of battery life daily. I dont adjust any back light settings.
    04-25-12 09:45 AM
    I would turn the battery saving mode off. Its not needed.

Also, if you are frequently getting the spinning clock, run the Device Analyzer.

Search for Device Analyzer in Options. Choose "Issues With Device Responsiveness" > Test Device.

If it tells you it is low and needs to Restart, do so. When you restart your phone try to do the following:

*Turn on Wifi if it is available. Turn OFF Bluetooth.
    *Set social apps to check for updates every 5hrs or so ( only update when u open the app)
    *Make sure you dont have any unnecessary apps running in the background (press and hold the BB key to check)

By doing this, I get about 15hrs of battery life daily. I dont adjust any back light settings.

Hope this helps!
    04-25-12 09:48 AM
    Definitely it does no good to your phone but should not affect the battery life in any way
    then is that gonna affect my device responsiveness ?

04-25-12 10:10 AM
    also as i don't have a BIS,every time i back to home,connect to my home wireless network,sometimes the facebook and twitter can't refresh and i have to turn my device off pull the battery out and then reboot it and i can get assess to fb and twitter

04-25-12 10:15 AM
    then is that gonna affect my device responsiveness ?(...)
    You mean dropping your phone? Yeah, sure: drop it one time too much, and it can stop responding at all due to hardware malfunction :-)
    When your phone starts behaving sluggish = becomes unresponsive, most probably you are suffering from a memory leak, as most of us. A reset can solve it. My Bold is scheduled to restart every morning, and it solves the issue.

also as i don't have a BIS,every time i back to home,connect to my home wireless network,sometimes the facebook and twitter can't refresh and i have to turn my device off pull the battery out and then reboot it and i can get assess to fb and twitter(...)
    This seems to me as another good reason to upgrade your OS.
    04-25-12 10:54 AM
    Hey dude sorry been absent. if i were you and as other suggested, uninstall shangmail. that seem like a major battery drain. set battery saving mode at 20% to me it seem quite pointless with many testing. if you haven't notice you have a lot of modules running in the background, you have average of 84.78 modules and average of 71.82 processes. compare to me i have 57 and only 51 of them are process. so check your apps.

the dropping of the phone, well it is common sense that if you hit your hand on wall countless time your nerves will be less responsive if it is too several. just like your bold, if you drop it countless time then hardware inside will be loose or malfunction and be less responsive. so be cautious of how your device reacts.

also update to .402, many others says it have incredible responsiveness with touch screen and overall, as well battery life. give it a try if you haven't.
    Last edited by henryy; 04-25-12 at 11:03 AM.
    04-25-12 10:59 AM
    maybe i should really take my phone for a check before my warranty is expired...

04-25-12 11:04 AM
    If along the way, someone has said "remove all the apps you downloaded and check your battery life" then you have had good advice..

Frankly put, you simply just do not have a basis for comparing or evaluating battery life unless you ran the BB stock, as is, for a week or so BEFORE you started loading social feeds, separate email apps, cross platform messengers, weather apps etc etc..

The chances that you have a bad device are extremely slim.. the chances that you yourself have loaded and are running a bunch of stuff that is draining your battery is extremely high.

maybe i should really take my phone for a check before my warranty is expired...

04-25-12 11:40 AM
    guys, i've updated to .402 for a week now but the battery seems doesn't improve any,it still having a draining rate of 9% per hour,should i go get my device for a check?

05-03-12 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD