So I love discovering keyboard shortcuts as there are so many I could never remember them all. I just discovered this on my 9930 and then tried it on the Wife's Curve 8530 and it works on it to. I never knew if you were, let's say, bouncing back and fourth between 2 specific apps that instead of holding the BlackBerry button you could just hold "alt" then press the "back" button and jump back and fourth between the last 2 apps you were using. I'm using it all the time now as I'm always doing more than 1 thing at a time.

So I hope there are plenty of other Crackberrians here that didn't know this and will find it as useful as I have.

Cheers.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-07-12 at 02:54 PM.
    06-06-12 09:23 PM
    I just tried it and its an awesome feature. I never knew that!! Thanks for the post.
    06-06-12 09:47 PM
    Yeah its a cool one. The difference in this and just holding the BB key is alt + back instantly pops the apps switcher whereas holding the BB key is more of a long press deal. (Delays what? Maybe a second)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 09:47 PM
    Nice find! I never knew this either. And here I thought I knew them all.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    06-06-12 09:49 PM
    Another very cool one I just saw on twitter the other day.

Hit your BlackBerry menu key within any app. You can instantly move "focus" to any menu selection by typing the first letter of the name of the selection. Let's say you are in some app and want to "Copy" something you've selected. Hit the BB menu key and type "C". The cursor will jump to the first menu option that starts with "C". Keep pressing "C" until you get to Copy. Then press enter.

I find this useful since the BB menu often will have commands like Copy in different places depending on the app context. Sometimes its even off screen.

rawllw, axllebeer and lycafe like this.
    06-06-12 09:52 PM
    Another very cool one I just saw on twitter the other day.

Hit your BlackBerry menu key within any app. You can instantly move "focus" to any menu selection by typing the first letter of the name of the selection. Let's say you are in some app and want to "Copy" something you've selected. Hit the BB menu key and type "C". The cursor will jump to the first menu option that starts with "C". Keep pressing "C" until you get to Copy. Then press enter.

I find this useful since the BB menu often will have commands like Copy in different places depending on the app context. Sometimes its even off screen.

Yes that is a great shortcut to getting around and I use constantly rather than scrolling like crazy looking for copy (or for me save is the common one) great time saver for sure!
    06-06-12 10:46 PM
    Yes that is a great shortcut to getting around and I use constantly rather than scrolling like crazy looking for copy (or for me save is the common one) great time saver for sure!
    Or "Find on Page" in the web browser. When I am looking for multiple instances of something I can use BB menu "F" then enter and enter. Fast.
    06-06-12 10:50 PM
    So I love discovering keyboard shortcuts as there are so many I could never remember them all. I just discovered this on my 9930 and then tried it on the Wife's Curve
    8530 and it works on it to. I never knew if you were, let's say, bouncing back and fourth between 2 specific apps that instead of holding the B B button you could just hold "alt" then press the "back" button and jump back and fourth between the last 2 apps you were using. I'm using it all the time now as I'm always doing more than 1 thing at a time.

So I hope there are plenty of other Crackberrians here that didn't know this and will find it as useful as I have.

Cheers.
    Hey - thanks that's good and something I will use.
    06-06-12 11:15 PM
    So I love discovering keyboard shortcuts as there are so many I could never remember them all. I just discovered this on my 9930 and then tried it on the Wife's Curve 8530 and it works on it to. I never knew if you were, let's say, bouncing back and fourth between 2 specific apps that instead of holding the B B button you could just hold "alt" then press the "back" button and jump back and fourth between the last 2 apps you were using. I'm using it all the time now as I'm always doing more than 1 thing at a time.

Cheers.
    use below link to read some of wonderful shortcuts that most of people don't use. BlackBerry - Tips and Tricks for the BlackBerry Bold 9000
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-06-12 11:55 PM
    this shortcut isn't working for me....any idea y ???
    06-07-12 03:09 AM
    It works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 05:40 AM
    this shortcut isn't working for me....any idea y ???
    are you doing it correctly? hold the left ALT and hit the back arrow?

even if you are not in an app, itll go through and open one of the 5 that are always available, like the browser or phone.
    06-07-12 07:42 AM
    yea i am...there's only 1 alt key.
    I'm hitting the alt+del key
    06-07-12 10:40 AM
    I knew this since day one, I never thought people here don't know about it
    I wish someone knew a shortcut to back page on browser than hitting escape
    06-07-12 11:46 AM
    I had that problem thinking he meant the enter / escape key.

Hold the bb button and press the back button - to the right of the trackpad.
    06-07-12 12:16 PM
    Thanks for sharing OP.

It's a cool surprise that we've had our bb's - some since launch and there is still stuff to learn.
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-07-12 12:18 PM
    Press and hold "Alt" then the "back" button is what I was meaning. Not sure why I initially said "escape". I was watching a BlackBerry review on youtube at one point today and they called the back button the escape key. Must've been stuck in my head when I initially posted this.
    06-07-12 03:01 PM
    I told two bbm friends. The one with a 9800 says it doesn't work and one with a 9780 says it does.

Maybe its phone specific.
    06-07-12 03:05 PM
    Thanks for sharing OP.

It's a cool surprise that we've had our bb's - some since launch and there is still stuff to learn.
    So true so true. I doubt there is anyone @ RIM that could show you every shortcut on a BlackBerry. There's just so many. I'll like to see someone create a list of them all so I could go through and discover the ones I might use daily. Not the more common ones but things like "alt+n+m+l+l" for example. I would have never known about that one either if I hadn't read it somewhere here in the forums.
    06-07-12 03:06 PM
    I told two bbm friends. The one with a 9800 says it doesn't work and one with a 9780 says it does.

Maybe its phone specific.
    It might be. That I'm not sure of. I just know it works on the 99xx and the wife's Curve 8350. I would hope that the phones in between would as well but personally I wouldn't know.
    06-07-12 03:09 PM
    It might be. That I'm not sure of. I just know it works on the 99xx and the wife's Curve 8350. I would hope that the phones in between would as well but personally I wouldn't know.
    Yeah I would have thought so too.

Here is a link to a small list of keyboard tricks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...t-codes-30491/
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-07-12 03:20 PM
    Cool shortcut

Never knew it existed.

Cheers for that

Full of riboflavin goodness, ya hear.
    06-07-12 05:04 PM
    I knew this since day one, I never thought people here don't know about it
    I wish someone knew a shortcut to back page on browser than hitting escape
    To go back on a page from browser, you can hit "Escape" OR "del" key.
    06-07-12 06:56 PM
    Old article here, but a bazillion shorty's that still work on all models. Enjoy.

The Ultimate Blackberry Phone Tips and Tricks < Hardware < PCWorld India How To < PCWorld.in
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-07-12 09:59 PM
    thanks guys...got it working

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 11:01 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD