So I was on my phone and was able to surf the web at the same time and I remebered Verizon wasn't able to do that so I turned off my wifi while on the phone and it wouldn't let me surf the web anymore so I realized if u have wifi on while talking on the phone you are able to surf the web although I would assume you had to be connected to a network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    prettyorchid and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    10-17-11 01:52 AM
    So I was on my phone and was able to surf the web at the same time and I remebered Verizon wasn't able to do that so I turned off my wifi while on the phone and it wouldn't let me surf the web anymore so I realized if u have wifi on while talking on the phone you are able to surf the web although I would assume you had to be connected to a network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes, the only way for CDMA users to use data while on a voice call is to be on wifi. this is one of the most widely known things already, its somewhere between "red is spelled r-e-d" and "elephants have trunks, not noses".
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-17-11 02:28 AM
    yes, the only way for CDMA users to use data while on a voice call is to be on wifi. this is one of the most widely known things already, its somewhere between "red is spelled r-e-d" and "elephants have trunks, not noses".
    Comon now. It may be common knowledge to most of us, but this guy was just trying to be helpful with something he just discovered. :P
    prettyorchid and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    10-17-11 03:26 AM
    Another high number of posts from a smartass.. You're really helpful aren't you?
    woodenpirate likes this.
    10-17-11 08:28 AM
    elephants don't have noses!?!?!?
    10-17-11 11:57 AM
    +1 this isn't a revelation

Another high number of posts from a smartass.. You're really helpful aren't you?
    Way to make your point with another smartass comment......and the OP wasn't asking for help

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...ally-announced

April 26, 2010
    RIM Introduces the New BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone
    …….. The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone supports 3G (EVDO) networks in North America and (HSPA/UMTS) abroad and has a full-QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad and built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), which makes it possible to talk on the phone while browsing the web or sending and receiving email. The BlackBerry Bold 9650 also includes 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB microSDHC cards, with a 2 GB card included……………
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 10-17-11 at 12:14 PM.
    10-17-11 11:59 AM
    I am really amazed that when anyone throws up a thread not knowing that everyone on CB might not know what he or she is about to post gets so bent out of shape because they put something up with the hope in helping someone else. All he wanted to do was spread the word to others that did not know this and that was wrong why??

Come on people, go over the posting rules and refresh your minds about politeness and what this forum was put up for to begin with.

Thank you all.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-17-11 at 05:59 PM.
    skynny70 likes this.
    10-17-11 01:24 PM
    After seeing some of the deceptive att commercials about simultaneous data and voice, I wouldn't doubt that many users don't know they can do the same with wifi on verizon. Guy is sitting in his office on a call with the wife about their anniversary and he quickly looks up restaurants on his phone while talking. My buddy on att asked me the other day while watching a game why verizon can't do that, so I called him and continued surfing via wifi at home.

In any case, LTE is going to put an end to this anyhow, as its being designed from the ground up with simultaneous voice and data via cell network. The Thunderbolt can already do this, as it utilizes SVDO. Had a thunderbolt for a few weeks and it can use data and voice anywhere on the vzw 3g network. Wifi not needed. All other verizon smartphones still use EVDO.
    babytazz18 likes this.
    10-17-11 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD