I've seen quite a few posts on people having trouble locating the Vendor.XML file on their systems. Well for anyone that's on Windows Visa / 7 I whipped up a very quick and dirty batch file for you.

You can download it below and run it from pretty much anywhere, just remember to right click on it and choose "Run As Administrator" or it will have trouble deleting the file depending on it's location.

Once again, for Windows Vista and above only! I can do it quickly and easily within those systems, and I think that's where most of the 64 bit users are at anyway. BE WARNED!!!! This will delete EVERY occurrence of Vendor.XML on EVERY drive letter present in "My Computer". If you're not comfortable with this happening, don't download it and for sure don't run it.

Hope this helps someone out!

PS - Yes I know this is kind of ugly, but it works.
    Last edited by HaTaX; 10-05-11 at 02:31 AM.
    10-05-11 02:29 AM
    Nice batch!
    And now: why haven't I thought about it myself?
    Good ol' DOS...
    10-05-11 04:08 AM
    good job
    10-05-11 06:42 AM
    good job
    10-05-11 06:44 AM
    This is great!
    10-05-11 09:10 AM
    Just hoping it makes life easier for some people out there! Let me know if you use it and if you run into any trouble. There's no real error checking going on here, it just hunts down your local drive letters and deletes every occurrence of the vendor file from each drive.

Most errors can be safely ignored, it's designed to not move at the speed of light, but should be able to complete a full sweep in a few minutes.
    10-05-11 07:49 PM
    You are a wizard! Thanks...this rocks.
    10-27-11 10:42 AM
    finally, was getting sick of the horrible battery life on 400
    11-02-11 08:26 PM
    I didn't need to use it, but I like that....Nice, thanks.
    11-07-11 04:34 PM
    it woooorks

thx bro,apreciate it very much
    11-08-11 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD